Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Happy with the game. Rode our luck at times but we were due some and could it be that Son and N'Jie's arrival has got Lamela and Townsend's collective arse in gear? Both were great when they came on.

Son didn't get off to the flyer we all hoped for but showed enough to suggest he's gonna be quality. Could take the ball under pressure, has a good touch, had some nice interchanges and isn't afraid to have a pop.

With Eriksen, Dembele, Bentaleb, Rose and Pritchard all to return we are looking in good shape.

Never in trouble? I'm not trying to be a negatron or anything but Defoe's movement caused our center backs trouble all afternoon!

I know, laughable observation when it was us that took God knows long to have an effort on target and they should've already had 1 or 2.

Had our work cut out for us against a very average side. Probably because we're pretty average.

A win is a win, not sure we'll be able to be fussy about how we get them this season. One or two injuries already, our new signings will take time to settle and find their feet whereas others are scoring all over the place so far, Kane working hard but struggling for goals for us - no panic normally, one of those spells but, the issue and panic for us is we can't freshen it and try another striker up there for a bit.

Very good point, but at the same time from Sons game needs to break out of the mold he was in with Levercusen and play to what is now asked him of here. Today everyone was all too in the middle until Townsend came in to stretch the attack wide a bit. Son looked confused and timid being at the new club and new league which all so made him look more inapt, slow indecisive out of sync etc. Only good thing I can think of is that he did not get hurt lol. But the Team is going into a busy stretch of matches so he'll come around soon. 10 being the highst I'm afraid I would have to give him 4 today. Thank God the team won.:pochbye:

He'll need to play up front Thursday as he's our second choice striker apparently. Why doesn't he have the number 9 shirt hey.

I think Lamela should've started over Alli. Alli is good making runs from deep, but not good at creating chances for teammates, which we need our 10 to do.

But this is the wholehearted problem, we need at least 2 of the 3 behind the striker to step up and be consistent and that has not happened yet in over a year, Eriksen, Lamela, N'Jie, Son, Dembele, Alli, Chadli, Pritchard, Townsend all fighting for those places and as usual we are relying on "the last good thing someone did" to get them in the next game or wait until someone (like chadli now) has been bad enough to drop

I just want one of them to say ok this position is mine and be the end of it

It`s amazing how a Spurs win can change one`s mood. Regardless of how it comes about. I`m going to run a nice hot bath, relax with a couple of cold beers in front of the telly, have sex with my wife, and fall into a goods night sleep.
I haven`t felt this way for 4 months.I feel so happy
:dierpochhug:

It`s amazing how a Spurs win can change one`s mood. Regardless of how it comes about. I`m going to run a nice hot bath, relax with a couple of cold beers in front of the telly, have sex with my wife, and fall into a goods night sleep.
I haven`t felt this way for 4 months.I feel so happy
:dierpochhug:

Any chance of a link?

:angryscouser:

Back
Top Bottom