Spurs vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Boring game offensively but two very good defensive performances ...

Love to see Moose playing like this, did some superb tackles today and some decent forward passing too
Liverpools defending was poor for the most part imo. It was just our inept finishing that let them off the hook but most of our chances were errors from their defenders.

Poch is a real gentleman. Nicest guy in the league.
We played much better than Liverpool.
The players are really fighting out there.
We have the youngest team in the league.
We keep getting our youngsters into the national team. Dier's coming up too, hopefully.
Oh, and we beat City 4-1.

Goals or no goals, lack of a striker or not, I'm proud of the state we're in right now.
Onwards and upwards. COYS.
:dierpochhug:

You really thought Spurs were "far the better team for 70 minutes".

Spurs had probably the better chances, but seemed pretty even for most of the day. Both clubs defended well. Both Strikers struggled for the most part. Neither had much in the final third. Either way, don't most games last a full 90 minutes anyways ?
By far may be an overstatement, but our play for the majority of the match wasn't "shocking" either. I thought we were definitely the better team, and we should've had 3 points

Klopp won 'cos he didn't lose...
We 'lost' 'cos we didn't win!
...that's the way the media will see it.
Liverpool will win the World Cup next year!

Just back from the pub - Dembele had a very good game. Good, tight control on the ball. Gibbs binned. Ironic.
Keep him on ignore & you'll never know when he's back. That's my plan anyway. Hoping that everyone just lets him argue with himself from now on & he slithers off back to his blog when he has no audience. Anyway, fuck that. Dembele was tidy today.

Keep him on ignore & you'll never know when he's back. That's my plan anyway. Hoping that everyone just lets him argue with himself from now on & he slithers off back to his blog when he has no audience. Anyway, fuck that. Dembele was tidy today.
I will mate. I'm a twat to fall for it and it's boring for everyone else. Good game going on at Twickenham.

Gibbs binned.

crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif

pointing out what he doesn't do well doesn't mean that people hate him you know.

Its a juvenile expression to use if the comments made about him are accurate and objective.

He had a good game in the role that his game is best suited for.
My comment wasn't aimed towards that direction.

I'm all up for his criticism, and I too recognize his limitations. Believe me, Dembele frustrates the heck outta me at times too. I just was directing that comment to those who think that Dembele should be sold and think that his inclusion does more harm than good.

I assume the media was hoping The German with the funny facial hair got the better of the Yids once again... but frustratingly for them, it wasn't to be!

Enjoy watching this team, even if the results dont seem to go our way. I've only watched us for around 5 seasons so far, but this is undoubtedly the best defense I've seen over that period.

Only thing that is concerning me is the fact that we don't have options in replacing Kane if needed. I think we could be on 17 points or more with somebody like Berahino. It's a shame really.

Back
Top Bottom