Spurs vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you saying Kane didn't run his ass off today?
Don't know what he's saying but the fact is if he was playing for any other top club he would have been dropped weeks ago. He's looking like the championship plodder he was before last season. But we can't drop him because there's no other striker in the squad to take his place. No goals, no competition and no pressure. It's a shocking situation for a club like ours to find itself in. Shocking and inexcusable

Not really. it's the type of game we would have won comfortably 3 or 4 years ago. Only a very poor team would have lost to a that shite Liverpool side today
Agree to disagree? I'm enjoying not having to read pages & pages of shite about how "X" was right, how poor we are, how bad a manager we have etc, & not Letting myself get drawn into a stream of silly arguments. It's all very pleasant & civilised discussion & the place is better for it imho.

It wasn't vintage as I say, but we haven't lost a league match since opening day. If we had brought in another striker in the window we would have had a player to bring on for Kane & maybe we would have even more points on the board. As it is, we don't & we are stuck with that until January at least.

We are still going reasonably well with a young manager & the youngest squad in the league. When it clicks, we hammer Citeh (who have themselves been mullering teams). When it doesn't we are still ticking along & collecting points.

I'd love to have seen us batter them today. But they upped their game for the new manager. We weren't hitting the high notes. I'm not upset about the result, but I respect your difference of opinion. That's all I'd like to say on this match. Cheers. :pochbye:

Last edited:
Mignolet was by far their best player.

Says it all and we shd have won but encouraging performance nonetheless.

Not much quality in that game. And given the confidence of some of your lads on here prior to our average outfit - as so many of you implied - that game didn't flatter the home team. Our team dominated most of the game and had we have had a striker on the pitch we would/should have won.

I gave Spurs a bit too much respect (I know you had your injuries as well) but you looked as every bit as average as you made us out to be.
delete account.

Sorry lads, but you were bang average. We weren't much better either. However, we had our 4th choice striker, you had Mr Harry one-season-a-wonder Kane and still looked as toothless as us! At home too.

There was a lot of hype in here, about how you could do us, how much fitter than us you were (lol) and all that bollox, but your team failed to deliver.

See you at Anfield, where I expect a much better LFC side to give a better account of themselves.
Fascinating insight. Your team worked really hard. I guess a draw at the Lane is like your cup final now.
We had plenty of players missing too, and easily had the best chances.
You guys better stick with Klopp. If you give him 3 years you might actually be able to compete with us over the course of a season, rather than just one game that you got lucky in

"a draw at the lane is like your cup final now"

We've fallen from grace but don't kid yourself, we haven't fallen that far.

And yes, we really aspire to be "competing" with the mighty Spurs. I'll be sure to be on the look out for St. Totteringham's Day!
ha ha, your only comeback is to bring in Woolwich. Pathetic. time to get yourself back to RAWK to celebrate your great draw.

:pochbye:

No celebrating here. We really have ought to have beaten a bang average over-hyped Spurs team.
But instead you needed the ref to keep you in the game. Despite your new manager bounce. Tragic. I guess it's nice that our low point of the season and your high point happened to meet in one game.

Blaming the ref eh?

Small time.

And after the drubbings we've given you recently, I suppose that would be considered your high.
The ref, injuries, Kane's bad form. But it was you bringing in the excuses, not me. I accept that we have the youngest squad in the history of the premiership and we will have off days. Fuck off now and celebrate meeting us on an off day and having the ref whipped up in Klopp hysteria.

We only seem to ever meet you on your "off days". lol.
why are you here you sad cunt? You're happy with a shitty draw with your 300 million pound team of shit cunts? Your team bought Lovren for 20 million. Let that sink in. You and the media can wank off Klopp for as much as you like. You'll still underachieve and finish 6th. Fuck off

@ kloppite, show some respect for the team that's finished above your piss poor outfit for 7 of the last 8 seasons you hub cap stealing Scouse muppet!!!! You might of given us a few beatings the last few years but we always finish above you and I fully expect us to finish above your average mob once again. You talk about if you had certain players fit then you would of beaten us. Well if we had Son and Dier playing I'm almost certain we would of beaten you. We weren't great today but we were still better than you and should of won. You basically defended the whole game bar the 1st 20 mins of dominance you had. Your still a piss poor average team and nothing you can do or say will stop that.

"a draw at the lane is like your cup final now"

We've fallen from grace but don't kid yourself, we haven't fallen that far.

And yes, we really aspire to be "competing" with the mighty Spurs. How depressingly low is that fucking ceiling!?!?

We'll finish above you again, as we usually do.. Now Fuck off and play the victim somewhere else Twat..
I guess you'll be expecting every club to hold a minutes silence next week as the Klopp wankfest story never ended in the fairytale you all thought..

How much have you spent in the last 3 seasons ???? And that's the best you can come up with... What a joke of a club..

No celebrating here. We really have ought to have beaten a bang average over-hyped Spurs team.
As you have found it necessary to try to belittle us on our forum, then I can only put it down to a lack of education, charm and good manners, so therefore I feel that must reply to you with words that your standard of education will allow you to understand, so, "Fuck* off you obnoxious scouser TWAT" , thank you for participating and goodbye"

Last edited:
Disappointed, however lots of positives. Kane issue needs addressing missing golden opportunities, cant be good for his confidence. Glad to see fight in the players. COYS..

pointing out what he doesn't do well doesn't mean that people hate him you know.

Its a juvenile expression to use if the comments made about him are accurate and objective.

He had a good game in the role that his game is best suited for.
Its all a matter of interpretation Mick freedom of speech and and all that!

Back
Top Bottom