The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blessing in disguise?

We have been good this season but our unbeaten record is flattering. We've drawn far too many games against teams we should have beaten. We don't have enough options that can come off the bench and score goals.

We cannot be expected to achieve anything when we only have one striker in the squad. I'm not counting Onomah because I don't think he's ready for PL football week in, week out.

We need another Striker in January.

Disappointed. Our worst performance in the league this season, in my view. We should have closed this game out ages ago, and instead we've lost.

It felt to me like we were trying to not lose today once they got one back, rather than try and win it. In a way, losing the unbeaten record might be good for us, now maybe we will go out and try and win games more directly.

Just fuck off. How did we lose to them AGAIN!!!

Think we finally saw the game we all feared where we desperately needed someone up top to either help or replace Kane and had no one to call on.
Newcastle brought on two strikers and they changed the game. This one's on the transfer committee for me

Ye, only two losses, but only 6 wins too. The draws weren't that bad when we seemed to run over and dominate every team, and we were unlucky or lacked decent finishing to win. But when the draws keeps coming, along with the odd loss, and we aren't really deserving more, it's a bit more worrying.
I wish people would stop mentioning the unbeaten stuff.
1pt for a draw or 3 pts for a win.
points is what matters. not staying unbeaten.
we draw way too many.

lets win, get more pts & stop pretending that being unbeaten is better than more pts.

if we had more pts, u wouldn't say oh I wish we had less pts & were unbeaten.

Last edited:
I'm going to say it, I thought our midfield was fucking shocking today. The wastage in possession lost us the game today and we fully deserved the result.

I don't care how many metres Eriksen covers, he needs to buck his ideas up if he wants to be a world class player, he offered next to nothing today. Dier did his job and Lamela looked good in the first half when he didn't give it away, that's about as much good as I can say about the midfield.

That game should have been buried in 45 mins but we threw it away with amateur hour in the final third.

Don't know why Carroll got a start, poor from Poch. Then to take 75mins to get him off when he was completely drowning. Yeah...

... Hope this is a wake up call for the entire team not to buy into their own hype. There's a ton of work left to be done

Blessing in disguise?

We have been good this season but our unbeaten record is flattering. We've drawn far too many games against teams we should have beaten. We don't have enough options that can come off the bench and score goals.

We cannot be expected to achieve anything when we only have one striker in the squad. I'm not counting Onomah because I don't think he's ready for PL football week in, week out.

We need another Striker in January.

I do agree we need a striker but we have options but they have all been injured and just coming back in the team. Chadli scores goals and hopefully Son can start chipping in.

It wasn't a great second half performance and we lacked that ability to kill the game off at the moment

Exactly, three draws leaves you in the same position as winning one and losing two, not good enough
plenty have said they would rather less pts if it meant staying unbeaten.
momentum & all that crap was the reason.

well the unbeaten momentum really helped today didn't it.

Back
Top Bottom