The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Peering back on the forum like :levyeyes: has the cunt off finally ended? I'd grown a custom to the relative calm... so naive of me.:pochsulk:

I really don't care as much when people are just blindly insulting each other. It's the "we're fucking shit, sack the manager" spaz outs that are the damaging ones because it puts us back on the slippery slope to "transition season" again.

ChiTownSpurs ChiTownSpurs With a heavy heart I will be returning to the pub for this one so we probably won't win

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the spursyest of them all, one of the best spurs bars in America where I get to meet so many good fans, I am officially banned.

The result was my fault, I should have known at the Seattle 3-3 draw I first saw there, or the 2-2 comeback by Stoke this season or the many others in between I am a catastrophe of a fan

Oh and Spurs were shite too, hopefully this will be the stark result that gets Poch to shake them a bit.

The unbeaten run starts again here, as I will go back to sitting at home watching with my cornflakes

jz1ipEN.png

Holy fuck, It looks like moodyman!
timthumb.php

Just skimmed thought 25 pages of shite lads, long hard looks in the mirrors today ffs.
It was a loss and we'll get over it, may be a kick in the arse we need to stop losing leads-we were lucky to hold on to the point at west brom after taking the lead too remember.
Saints next away and they're on a terrible run-need a good performance and win and we'll be sweet.

Lets look at the facts. Yesterday at 3.59 we were the only team bar Leicester to have only been beaten once. As it stands we have lost 2 games, the 2nd best in the PL.
We have a young squad. Kane, Dier, Mason, Bentaleb, Alderwierled are in the 2nd seasons in the PL and still learning. Ali, Onomah, Son, Njie are in their first. You have to give those player some time to adapt and to get to know how others play etc.
You could say this is Lamela's first proper season too. He looks as though he's finally got to grips with the PL.
I mentioned a few times the we are far from the finished article. Yet we are more of a team.

However, imo we have a few of the 'experienced' players who are not pulling their weight.
The reason we have not been turning draws into wins is that if Kane doesn't score, who's going too? Are we relying on a 19 year old to do so? It's nothing to do with another striker, as if they also did not score we would be in the same boat.
Chadli -when playing - and eriksen have been woeful this season. They need to start doing something. Dembele has been a revelation, but needs to start scoring more too.

Poch hit the nail on the head in his pre match talk ' we have to concentrate for 90,95 mins' we didn't and we lost.
We were in control and should have put the game to bed.

We are a good young team who, imo, lacks some quality in front of goal. 20 shots and 8 on target and we score form a corner. We have to turn the domination/shots into goals
I think the Woolwich had 3 attempts on target yesterday and score 2 goals

We forget about this, it's now the past, and we move on to the next game.
Hopefully we will start putting them away.

We are a good young team who, imo, lacks some quality in front of goal. 20 shots and 8 on target and we score form a corner. We have to turn the domination/shots into goals

...and that right there, is Spursy vs Arsey!!

...with all the sniping, bitching, multi-bollocks and HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA's at the result, I'm done on here for a bit... see you all after Southampton, where, results depending I'm sure it it will be either carnage on a seismic scale or unadulterated euphoria on here...
...but let's face it, even if we win, some will find a reason to argue with someone... and that's why internet chat rooms are so amazing and shit all at the same time!!

:eriksenserious::kanehand::dembelefingers::pochrolleyes::pochfacepalm::pochbye:

Lets look at the facts. Yesterday at 3.59 we were the only team bar Leicester to have only been beaten once. As it stands we have lost 2 games, the 2nd best in the PL.
We have a young squad. Kane, Dier, Mason, Bentaleb, Alderwierled are in the 2nd seasons in the PL and still learning. Ali, Onomah, Son, Njie are in their first. You have to give those player some time to adapt and to get to know how others play etc.
You could say this is Lamela's first proper season too. He looks as though he's finally got to grips with the PL.
I mentioned a few times the we are far from the finished article. Yet we are more of a team.

However, imo we have a few of the 'experienced' players who are not pulling their weight.
The reason we have not been turning draws into wins is that if Kane doesn't score, who's going too? Are we relying on a 19 year old to do so? It's nothing to do with another striker, as if they also did not score we would be in the same boat.
Chadli -when playing - and eriksen have been woeful this season. They need to start doing something. Dembele has been a revelation, but needs to start scoring more too.

Poch hit the nail on the head in his pre match talk ' we have to concentrate for 90,95 mins' we didn't and we lost.
We were in control and should have put the game to bed.

We forget about this, it's now the past, and we move on to the next game.
Hopefully we will start putting them away.

Spot on. Except for me, it's not about who scores the goals when Kane isn't. It's about who steps up to the plate playmaker-wise when things aren't ticking along. To paraphrase those awful shirts and what have you, who's the player for us who says, keep calm and pass the ball to me, I'll make shit happen. When our attacking players interchange, both with passing and runs off the ball, it's a beautiful thing, but in the instances where it isn't working for whatever reason, we're missing a David Silva type player. Not advocating that I necessarily want someone exactly like him because he's a passenger defensively. But Eriksen needs to step the fuck up. It's the same with his national team. When things get difficult, he disappears, when he should be our focal point.

I feel like Eriksen missed Dembele yesterday so i'll give him some slack. We needed someone who could hold onto the ball and draw opposition players in to enable Eriksen that little bit of extra space to operate in.
Another game where it was very congested in the middle, as we have found with our system against teams who sit deep. Almost impossible for one of those slide rule passes / one twos to come of with so many bodies in front of goal.

On the plus side our set piece taking is epic. On the down side our set piece defending is tragic.

I feel like Eriksen missed Dembele yesterday so i'll give him some slack. We needed someone who could hold onto the ball and draw opposition players in to enable Eriksen that little bit of extra space to operate in.
Another game where it was very congested in the middle, as we have found with our system against teams who sit deep. Almost impossible for one of those slide rule passes / one twos to come of with so many bodies in front of goal.

On the plus side our set piece taking is epic. On the down side our set piece defending is tragic.

And isn't that last bit tragic with us essentially playing three CB's. I love Hugo as much as the next guy, but coming out and claiming crosses is his only weakness. But it's a big one, and it's becoming such an issue that I'm left thinking that's where the problem lies rather than the defenders' positioning. Hugo has 1.4 claims per 90 minutes making him 24th out the 25 keepers to play in the PL this season, and he's some distance away from the rest, with everyone except him and Boruc claiming between about 2 and 4 per 90.

And isn't that last bit tragic with us essentially playing three CB's. I love Hugo as much as the next guy, but coming out and claiming crosses is his only weakness. But it's a big one, and it's becoming such an issue that I'm left thinking that's where the problem lies rather than the defenders' positioning. Hugo has 1.4 claims per 90 minutes making him 24th out the 25 keepers to play in the PL this season, and he's some distance away from the rest, with everyone except him and Boruc claiming between about 2 and 4 per 90.

I think a lot of that is down to a keepers confidence in his defense. Gomes, for example, was always charging out and flapping at the ball but i think that's because he had no confidence that his defense would deal with the threat. If the keeper comes out and misses the ball completely then there's an open goal behind them, so TBH i'd rather see the keeper stay between the sticks, especially when their reflex saves are a first class as Hugo's.

That's unfortunately linked to his size, claiming high balls will always be a lot harder for relatively small goalies

Back
Top Bottom