The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am sure it was tactical for the first half as it was very noticeable. Obviously don't know this as a matter of fact and it's a hunch on my part. But it look a deliberate ploy to me.

Yes it could have been but Kane looked very frustrated throughout!

Weren't we all?

It had to happen at somepoint. I don't think we are quite good enough to go the rest of the season unbeaten.
As was said, bad day at the office. Personally I thought Lloris could have done better with both goals. Think he was expecting a harder header for the equaliser.Wont slag him though,he has saved us a good few points this term.
Still...If you had told me after the Man u game in August it would be half way through December before we lost again,i probably would have chuckled.
Quick bounce back please chaps :)

My avatar is Peter Capaldi playing Malcolm Tucker in the political satire, "the Thick of it"!

Are you really so thick as to think that was me?

Why don't you just fuck off with your mate Joe?
He used the same insult against my old avatar of Johnny Depp in 'Fear and loathing..', don't take it to heart

He used the same insult against my old avatar of Johnny Depp in 'Fear and loathing..', don't take it to heart

Ok thanks for that and you ArcspacE!

I can take and give a "cunting off" but last night was way way OTT!

I've just re-read it and it's cringeworthy!

Not happy with my reaction either tbf!

Forum toilet anyone?

If you don't like someone put them on ignore, rather than telling them to fuck off and no doubt starting a campaign to stop them using the forum?

I'm not starting a campaign, so don't over-react. I've had my two cents input and that's all I'm saying. Your comment is fair enough though. This thread is horrific, and no one really comes out of it with much credit.

The planets were not a lined for us yesterday.

Games as this when some key players are not performing, we need Rose to score that second, Lamela to be our best player, Lloris not to mess up. Maybe this was what we needed to wake us up from this slumber which we seem to have fallen into recently, labouring draws with poor performances. For me its 3 points at home, them scoring at the death only lost us one point, we need to pick up all 3.
Its made my day the Scum and the CL draw?

COYS

Can you just stop? Seriously. You show people arguments you have on the internet? That's actually pathetic. Thought this was all over, but you really just force the issue again and again and again.

You don't like me. I get it. You don't need to repeat yourself over and over again. It's a total bore.
Never once did I put in a sin bin vote. It's a forum and it isn't my place to censor anyone including Joe or Eddie last night.
Regarding the photo, didn't think it would cause such controversy. I was piss drunk at a wedding and had no idea so many folks take such great offense to hair gel and a tux. Either way , It will come down.

Just read through 20 pages of pain. It was oddly cathartic, like self flagellation.

I took the result fairly badly but fuck me some proper "Randle McMurphys" going off last night.

Much less melting than i expected though, i was fairly impressed how quickly it migrated to rather savage personal insults and how it had no basis on a footballing argument whatsoever!

Still, let's try and keep the negative energy down to a minimum shall we, the last thing i want to see is my old friend swanning back in after "being at a wedding" for the last two months.

Last edited:
Regarding the photo, didn't think it would cause such controversy. I was piss drunk at a wedding and had no idea so many folks take such great offense to hair gel and a tux. Either way , It will come down.
jz1ipEN.png

Looked through the submitted ratings of each player and it comes out that for most of players yesterday, they received the worst rating against Newcastle. Sums up how awful we were.

Seemed like a pretty fantastic first half to me - Newcastle couldn't keep hold of the ball at all, and we were just attacking constantly. Elliot had to do a Tim Krul to keep us out, but what seemed like the inevitable goal came not too long before the break. I figured that if we could just be a little calmer in the final third we'd walk away with the points easily.

But the second half! I'm at a bit of a loss to explain it. It was a real return to "spursy" form. Lethargy, hiding from the ball, panic, dropping off, trying to do too much too quickly.

I'm sure Poch will pick the team up and we'll be stronger and more composed against Southampton. Realistically, we were always going to end our invincible streak at some point, and we certainly weren't hammered. But - Newcastle, at the Lane. Damn!

Back
Top Bottom