Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace - FA CUP 5th Round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's cynical, mate. On the other I might be naive :eriksenserious: But I honestly don't think Poch is interested in cementing his rep at this stage. Even if he was, I'd disagree. Trophies make his rep.

Proving with this young team that we can stay the distance over 38 matches and come very close will give this team more mentally even if we just go close and finish 2nd or 3rd, than a cup based on 6 matches/rounds will. Others may argue a cup counts for more and that'd be valid but I just happen to think - and agree - that Poch feels making damn sure we finish at least 3rd (and stay close to 1st) is utmost important for the development of both the club and this squad.

Stop going on about 'young team'. I know they're young. Surely it's not to much to ask to finish 4th or better and win a cup, a cup where we were comfortably the beat team left in it?. Up until today I thought we'd win the league. I don't think that now. I think Poch fucked up. It all got too much for him.

Stop going on about 'young team'. I know they're young. Surely it's not to much to ask to finish 4th or better and win a cup, a cup where we were comfortably the beat team left in it?. Up until today I thought we'd win the league. I don't think that now. I think Poch fucked up. It all got too much for him.
Whoa there mate. We lost one game. It was a cunt of a game to lose in a magical trophy. We will finish 4th or better. I will put money on that. We will win this league. There's a big mouth comment. Why? Because I still believe we will. Hate to be out of the FA cup, but I'm still thinking Poch has this. It's a setback. We won't remember it when we buttfuck Woolwich in 2 weeks. Trust me. I'm a ...cunt.

Don't be a coward. The double is still on, believe. Not close to out first team today. NLD shaping as being HUGE

Me, coward? I've been saying we can win the league for the longest time on this shithole. Why don't you poke it? I didn't hear any oz fans saying that back in December. Fucking pointless.

Whoa there mate. We lost one game. It was a cunt of a game to lose in a magical trophy. We will finish 4th or better. I will put money on that. We will win this league. There's a big mouth comment. Why? Because I still believe we will. Hate to be out of the FA cup, but I'm still thinking Poch has this. It's a setback. We won't remember it when we buttfuck Woolwich in 2 weeks. Trust me. I'm a ...cunt.
We threw away the double today. I'm aware of our league position.

he just put me on ignore & then pretends not to know. i know he can do no wrong in your eyes so i wont argue with u.
Nobody can do wrong in my eyes. We are all Spurs fans on here, no? I may disagree & argue the toss on some issues but it's just opinions. I know you aren't the most positive soul on here when it comes to Spurs, but you have accepted that Poch & the players have been amazing. In my mind, all the conversations early doors this season were about how badly we were going to do this year. I think you have changed your opinion.

Nobody can do wrong in my eyes. We are all Spurs fans on here, no? I may disagree & argue the toss on some issues but it's just opinions. I know you aren't the most positive soul on here when it comes to Spurs, but you have accepted that Poch & the players have been amazing. In my mind, all the conversations early doors this season were about how badly we were going to do this year. I think you have changed your opinion.
Mate, you've got to quote - no one has a clue who you're talking to.

We threw away the double today. I'm aware of our league position.
I know you know. And I reckon you knew that I knew that you knew. Apart from a bad result, it's all good. I'm gutted - still- at a missed opportunity. The double would have been dreamland. But we move on...the collapse is likely to be more drawn out & painful this year if we allow it...:memeokay:

Mate, you've got to quote - no one has a clue who you're talking to.
I am quoting. I think you have scott scott in ignore? All his quotes are there when I look at the thread. I don't know why you can't see the quotes. Unless it's this ignore business? I know I lost half a forum when I stuck Gibbsy on ignore. Still, cleared a whole lot of memory on iCloud. S'all good

I know you know. And I reckon you knew that I knew that you knew. Apart from a bad result, it's all good. I'm gutted - still- at a missed opportunity. The double would have been dreamland. But we move on...the collapse is likely to be more drawn out & painful this year if we allow it...:memeokay:

You're a good lad Bolton - but some of these other cunts? I don't think so. I'm going up Norf tomorrow. 4 weeks work in Inverness. Then further. Keep the faith mate.

"Not too much to ask"? Where do you get off on this sort of nonsense?

If it were "not too much to ask" we'd have finished in the top four a great deal more times than we have and won a good many trophies over the past 25 years as well......except that we haven't.

Top four isn't easy, and neither is winning a trophy - especially in a knockout competition where anything can happen. Just ask fans of the majority of clubs in the PL, who can only dream of being where we are now. I can't believe that after so many seasons reaching fifth or worse we've got people crumbing because we're not sweeping the board. Why are you, of all people, melting so badly?

Jesus Christ, will people be a bit fucking grateful for what has been, and will likely be, been a great season however you look at it.

You're a good lad Bolton - but some of these other cunts? I don't think so. I'm going up Norf tomorrow. 4 weeks work in Inverness. Then further. Keep the faith mate.
Inverfuckingwhere? There's up north & there's the arctic circle. You'll get a fucking nosebleed if you're not careful. A sudden trip up north isn't healthy for a shandy drinker....:troll:

"Not too much to ask"? Where do you get off on this sort of nonsense?

If it were "not too much to ask" we'd have finished in the top four a great deal more times than we have and won a good many trophies over the past 25 years as well......except that we haven't.

Top four isn't easy, and neither is winning a trophy - especially in a knockout competition where anything can happen. Just ask fans of the majority of clubs in the PL, who can only dream of being where we are now. I can't believe that after so many seasons reaching fifth or worse we've got people crumbing because we're not sweeping the board. Why are you, of all people, melting so badly?

Jesus Christ, will people be a bit fucking grateful for what has been, and will likely be, been a great season however you look at it.

Not much to ask from being 2nd in the 3rd week of Feb. Are you aware of shifting sands? Don't preach to me Sal - I'm not melting. Poch put out a team that could potentially gift the scum the double. We had a chance to stop that on both fronts - now we only have one chance - a chance you don't think we can pull off.

Inverfuckingwhere? There's up north & there's the arctic circle. You'll get a fucking nosebleed if you're not careful. A sudden trip up north isn't healthy for a shandy drinker....:troll:
I've drunk their 'heavy' before. Fucking piss. 3.8 to 4.1. I'm taking my own speed - I'll drink anything if I'm whizzing.

This is the 5th game we have lost all season. It's not the end of the fucking world. There is only one other team who has lost the same small amount of games as us, and they are top of the league.
Woolwich have lost as many games in the league, and City and United have lost more.
We lost it with a under strength side that only lost it because of an error, then they lost concentration at the ending of a half they thought was over.
It's a shame but the team have just come back form Italy, trained and then played.
10 of the starting line up travelled, and only 2 saw no game time. Only one of the subs today also did not travel.
There is no way we could have picked the strongest team when we have 5 games in 13 days with the longest between games 4 days.
We haven't got a massive, experienced squad and even Man City and Woolwich didn't play full strength teams.
Bentaleb hasn't played consistently for ages, neither has Mason. Onomah is hardly a regular starter either and has no experience as such. Dier moved into defence with Wimmer for what, the 2nd time. Yet were we outplayed and murdered?
We have not been outplayed or played terribly in any of our loses.
It happens. It just wasn't our day.
Some must not get too greedy and think we can win everything with this squad. It's a work in progress.

Everyone wants us to field the best team in all competitions and win them all. Yet even clubs like Man City ain't doing that.
We have to mange a small squad who's core is ever present, its tough to do. You have to monitor fitness levels and negate risk of injury to those core players whilst knowing the replacing players are yet to the same standard, You are then expected to compete and win every game in every competition.
Some people have to remember that this squad has done wonders this season. We should just enjoy it. We did not throw the EL as we knew our squad could not cope with it - like some. Despite claiming the squad is better - and has 5 strikers.
This young, trim, inexperienced squad has not been outplayed or humiliated in any competition by anyone. Despite being far from the finished article, still learning & a work in progress. We have exceeded all my expectations so far. I am so proud of this lot, this Spurs.
It really hurts to lose - and this season we are not use to it. However, let's lose gracefully and move on.
We never expected this to be the case this year, but our priority now is the league. To finish in the top 3 or better imo. One game at a time

We still have EL, which is a hindrance in my opinion but still vital experience for the squad. It also brings in more money than the FA cup. Probably just as much for making the next round as if we had won it. If we progress in the EL whilst managing the squad, so be it.
With the plans for the club this revenue is important. As would CL qualification be magnificent for the club at this time.

Not much to ask from being 2nd in the 3rd week of Feb. Are you aware of shifting sands? Don't preach to me Sal - I'm not melting. Poch put out a team that could potentially gift the scum the double. We had a chance to stop that on both fronts - now we only have one chance - a chance you don't think we can pull off.
Fuck off with that straw man bullshit. You're not going to get away with that game with me. I'm not saying we couldn't pull it off, I'm talking about the melter attitude that our season is a wash because we're out of the FA Cup and we should all be sitting around miserable because the team has unacceptably underachieved by not winning the double (or treble!). It's a ridiculous attitude....and yes, you bloody well are melting. Would I be talking to you like this if you weren't?

This is one of our best seasons of the PL era so far. To act like we've come up short is bonkers.

I'm going to bed, as this sort of bullshit just makes my blood boil.

Last edited:
Can't remember a game with so many first half fouls. A very weak Referee that did nothing to check Palace's over physical game. That said we were found wanting today. Sadly Bentaleb seems to have the same arrogance as Mido and Ghali. Poor attitude today. Vorm too,cannot be relied on. Consistently fails to own his six yard box, and conceded on his near post in injury time.
We still need to strengthen. These two simply are not good enough. A touch of the old Spurs today.
It has cost us the F.A. Cup. The single, most important cup competition in the world.
That is what hurts the most.
Wasn't Bentley the bollocks last season and being held back by Mason?
I remember criticising his attitude in pre season Malaysia, when he got the hump because he didn't get a pass when sprinting down the left ( playing LB) and turned around an walked back towards his own goal - when he could have kept on running and provide another option for Lamela to the left - we scored anyway.
I have never sen anything so shitty. It was disgraceful
I suffered some stick for that & was told I was overreacting. Yet it's always been there, that arrogant attitude. It was misread as passion. Last season Bentaleb was untouchable despite making many more errors that lead to goals than Mason did last season. with bad positioning, not cutting out passing lanes, not tracking players or playing sloppy passes.
He's a decent player, with talent and the potential to be a great player. Let's hope he improves in the areas he needs to. I hope he does.

Back
Top Bottom