The Mighty Tottenham v Dial Square

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone wanted us to play the best team in all comps, some slated Poch for fielding a weak team in COC. Maybe, if we wanted to win the league, we should have done a LCFC and fielded weak teams in the cups and EL.
I have been saying we should be playing youth in the EL ever since the league possibility opened up for us. I've said it on this forum somewhere. Simply because we might well not have another shout at the league in the next 30 years. You can't blame Poch for playing a strong team back in Autumn because we had no clue the season would pan out this way.

I still think we have a chance for the league. There will be more twists and turns. Leicester are justifiably strong favourites, but what happens if Vardy or Mahrez gets injured? If they lose a vital game and the pressure piles up on them? How will they cope with it being really there's to lose for the first time? How will they cope with teams starting to play ultra-defensively against them (not that well against Norwich or West Brom)?

BUT if we beat Dortmund our chance is gone IMO. I would rest Kane, Dembele & Alli in both Dortmund games, and some other key players. This seems to be anathema to most yids and I respect their opinion. I just want to see us push all the way for the league. We'll have plenty of chances to win the EL when normality resumes in the league and we have our new stadium to pay off.

Both home and away games have shown our squad is a bit light compared to theirs, they make a sub and get stronger - we bring on Son and he can't even trap a ball.....not sure why he's so much worse as a sub than a starter.

Seems weird to say but that rain storm killed the game, made the extra man irrelevant for 10 minutes and by the time it stopped they'd regrouped.

As for yesterday's game, what a rollercoaster. Where to start? Great performance, amazing atmosphere, Kane's goal, insane celebrations for both our goals, pyro in the home end at WHL for the first time ever, a yid getting on the pitch and getting back again without being arrested...

But what I am left with and cannot get out of my head is, sadly, bitter disappointment. We could have killed those cunts off and provoked a major crisis in their club. To have got 2 points from two games against them when we have been the better side in both is a choker. There's something so utterly disappointing, so incomplete, about drawing those two games against the scum. Both home and away we had them on the rack and they managed to survive. And more importantly, we needed those points for our own league push.

In fact, despite it being in some ways an amazing day, I think this is probably the most down I've felt all season. I could cope with the defeats against Newcastle, Leicester and even West Ham. But to have the euphoria of destroying Woolwich's season taken away is very hard to take.

On the other hand, we could have lost and that would have been the end for us, I think, and SO much worse than the draw.

As much as I hate those cunts, under Wenger they have a bizarre resiliance even in the midst of them bottling it, as they always do. To play as they did with ten menand 2-1 down shows spirit. They largely hate Wenger but I can see them having a Man Utd style meltdown when he finally leaves.

why can't we win both
The players are knackered. Kane did not even have a summer off and he's our only striker. Look at him at the end of the West Ham game, almost falling over his own feet. Dembele can't play two games in a week. They can't keep playing Thursday-Sunday and winning both games, when other teams don't have this problem. We were dead yesterday and only found a new lease of life when they had a man sent off. Fitness is massive in today's game and if we keep up both competitions we are handing it to Leicester on a plate.

They largely hate Wenger but I can see them having a Man Utd style meltdown when he finally leaves.
i can never work out if i should want wenger to stay or go.
Some say a new manager would improve them & would put an end to his stubborn decisions that end up being mistakes.
Others say him leaving would destabilise the club & it would take them a few years to regroup.

why can't we win both
spreading ourselves too thin.
Unrealistic to expect them to cope with europa & the league to the extent we win both.
Its 1 or the other in my opinion.

As mentioned by palmers yid, we may not get a chance like this to win the title for decades.
So id rest key players like toby, dier & kane in the europa games & go all out for the title.

The players are knackered. Kane did not even have a summer off and he's our only striker. Look at him at the end of the West Ham game, almost falling over his own feet. Dembele can't play two games in a week. They can't keep playing Thursday-Sunday and winning both games, when other teams don't have this problem. We were dead yesterday and only found a new lease of life when they had a man sent off. Fitness is massive in today's game and if we keep up both competitions we are handing it to Leicester on a plate.
dier also looks jaded & tired as u would expect really.

spreading ourselves too thin.
Unrealistic to expect them to cope with europa & the league to the extent we win both.
Its 1 or the other in my opinion.

As mentioned by palmers yid, we may not get a chance like this to win the title for decades.
So id rest key players like toby, dier & kane in the europa games & go all out for the title.

don't buy that, not in my mindset anyway.

whist your points are certainly valid, to me it's a defeatist attitude to have.
i like to think the players and manager haven't given up yet

Lloris has saved our ass so many times that it's hard to criticize him, but the second goal was definitely soft. Should have saved it.

Love Hugo too and he has been brilliant for us but I thought he shd have done better with the Pikeys goal

Really though, with Vorm, he doesn't have any competition for his place

Still one of the top keepers in the prem and delighted to have him

Terrible result

Yes for them when they went 1-0 up after soaking up everything we threw at them

We're still 3 points ahead of them with a far superior goal difference

And I still maintain Leicester will fall away towards the end

No need to melt over yesterday

Disappointing yes but take the positives

:pochserious:

Back
Top Bottom