The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm only saying that coming 3rd would be a disappointment due to the scum possibly pipping us for that second spot should we not win the title.

Scum are 6pts behind us with a game in hand, we would still need to lose three for them to over take us. If it was level points we'd still be ahead due to our superior GD.

If we beat Liverpool, and Leicester drop points to Southampton, which is a certainly more realistic prospect than the previous foolish hopefulness that they would lose to Newcastle and Palace, we could be within 2-3 points of them.

How is that impossible to beat with 6 games to go?

Too bad feckless Everton could do not put up a fight against the Scum. Their run-in bar West Ham looks a breeze. Having said that, if it so happened that with a win West Ham go above Woolwich, then maybe they might drop off after and duly finish 4th.

It is possible for us to lose three games.

We've manage to get through to April, having lost 4, yes that is 4 games. However you see us losing 3 in our remaining 7? We have the best defensive record in the league, we are not a push over. We have the best GD and highest amount of goals scored.

We no longer have the distraction of other competitions unlike some teams we will be playing.

It's not luck that our statistics are the best in the league.

The biggest mistake the experts and the press are making is when they are saying that the title is Leicesters to lose: This is so disrespectful to our team and it is gold for Poch and his coaches to use as motivation for our players!

The biggest mistake the experts and the press are making is when they are saying that the title is Leicesters to lose: This is so disrespectful to our team and it is gold for Poch and his coaches to use as motivation for our players!

Leicester haven't won anything yet, but everyone thinks that they have.
It will be even sweeter if and when we do catch them. As shown in recent seasons gone by, Utd in 2012, Dippers in 2014 all had a few points lead, yet still got pipped to the post. Let see how things are with 3 games to go.

It will be even sweeter if and when we do catch them. As shown in recent seasons gone by, Utd in 2012, Dippers in 2014 all had a few points lead, yet still got pipped to the post. Let see how things are with 3 games to go.
Agree: Once we have played Bin Dippers and United then we will know

I think Southampton, Sunderland (Big Sam will relish their style), West Ham, United and Chelsea will all be very tough for them. That is 5/7 games, It's not even close to over.

Twice in the last 4 seasons the eventual winner has come from being 5 or 6 points behind with 4 games to play.

But Jayc1 Jayc1 thinks we've only got a 0.01% chance of making up 5 in 7 games.

Although Leicester are 5 points ahead, I reckon our chances are equal.

Leicester have been playing poorly of late and have scraped by 1-0 in their last 4 wins against average teams. I'm fully expecting them to be shown up over the next 7 fixtures.

We have tough fixtures too, but we're the better side. Poch has come out and said that after the International break we'll only have one game a week, which will enable him to fully prepare the team.

I can't see Leicester taking away any more than 10 points away from the remaining fixtures. Which would make the proverbial ball well and truly in our court.

Twice in the last 4 seasons the eventual winner has come from being 5 or 6 points behind with 4 games to play.

But Jayc1 Jayc1 thinks we've only got a 0.01% chance of making up 5 in 7 games.

I don't understand the fatalism from our own fans? 'Spursy', 'Spurs Way' etc. If anything this season has shown we are not the Spurs of the past and we have an amazing coach working wonders with a young squad. Our football is some of the best seen since 'Arry fakin rhannn abhat a bit' but with a lot more defensive steel and tactical approach to attack.

I don't even think I am a happy clapper! I am just enjoying what is happening, we're pulling away from 4th and if we can guarantee top 3, then see where we go from there.

Last edited:
Had to register just to say I don't believe any spurs fans are really thinking it's over already. The negativity is just reverse psychology to lessen the disappointment if we fail to win (which is stupid when top 4 would be a great achievement). You ain't kidding anyone.

We all know there are 7 games and 21 possible points left, Spurs, Woolwich and Leicester all have a chance to win the BPL.

All we need is for Leicester to lose a game while we win the same weekend and it's down to 2 points and the same scenario would put us ahead by a point - that's pressure on Leicester. The form book goes out the proverbial window at this stage of the season, and if anything Leicester are looking worse now and not quite winning as convincingly as before. No doubt about it that we are the best team RIGHT NOW in the BPL.

I think regardless of what the foxes do, if we can get passed Liverpool and Utd with 4 points we've got a decent chance. And if we don't win it, so long as we keep Poch and the team we'll have another bash next year, whereas I can only see Leicester challenging for Champs league and eventually Europa.

We also play before Leicester in two weeks. Liverpool game Saturday and they have the afternoon kick off against Southampton the Sunday.

Pressure of us being 2 points behind them will be on their minds.

Back
Top Bottom