Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CJJ CJJ and ArcspacE ArcspacE

Summed it up for me. I get that he's one we look at to make a difference (price tag) and obviously we can all see the potential so we get frustrated when he makes basic mistakes. But I fail to grasp the logic of those who seem to want to rush him out of town. It's perfect for us to have him develop along the other kids this year. Europe is within our reach and we have a very young and developable squad under a manager "known for" developing young and developable squads. Even though we are playing some poor football at home to risk minimizing relegation-foddder I still feel oddly at ease.

P.S: that is until Levy gets restless.

CJJ CJJ and ArcspacE ArcspacE

Summed it up for me. I get that he's one we look at to make a difference (price tag) and obviously we can all see the potential so we get frustrated when he makes basic mistakes. But I fail to grasp the logic of those who seem to want to rush him out of town. It's perfect for us to have him develop along the other kids this year. Europe is within our reach and we have a very young and developable squad under a manager "known for" developing young and developable squads. Even though we are playing some poor football at home to risk minimizing relegation-foddder I still feel oddly at ease.

P.S: that is until Levy gets restless.

I dont want him "rushed out of town" i want him out of the first team till he's worthy of a place.

He has the best assist rate, 4 in 12 starts, of all of our players. He has conceded 4 more fouls than Capoue and is the most fouled player in our team. He also has as many yellows as Eriksen.
Trouble is people are comparing him to Bale. He's not. In my eyes nobody praises him for the stuff he does well, but they are quick to criticise.
I think he's biggest fault is he tries too fucking hard. If some of our players could pick out a pass he may have had some goals. He always gets in or around the box and is everywhere. He's not renowned for his tackling but at least he's fucking giving it a go. More time when he gets the ball there is nothing in front of him, he holds it and loses it. Maybe he should just turn and play it back.
Personally I think he should just stay out wide, like Bale used to do, and wait for us to break.
I hope he comes good. I hope they all come good.
However, knowing us we will hound him out of WHL and he will go somewhere else and become fucking mega.
Remember Bale only started turning it on after 3 position changes and was 24 when he left.

He has the best assist rate, 4 in 12 starts, of all of our players. He has conceded 4 more fouls than Capoue and is the most fouled player in our team. He also has as many yellows as Eriksen.
Trouble is people are comparing him to Bale. He's not. In my eyes nobody praises him for the stuff he does well, but they are quick to criticise.
I think he's biggest fault is he tries too fucking hard. If some of our players could pick out a pass he may have had some goals. He always gets in or around the box and is everywhere. He's not renowned for his tackling but at least he's fucking giving it a go. More time when he gets the ball there is nothing in front of him, he holds it and loses it. Maybe he should just turn and play it back.
Personally I think he should just stay out wide, like Bale used to do, and wait for us to break.
I hope he comes good. I hope they all come good.
However, knowing us we will hound him out of WHL and he will go somewhere else and become fucking mega.
Remember Bale only started turning it on after 3 position changes and was 24 when he left.
Bale could pass to his team mates though.

Lamela does try, but he never knows when to release the ball, and when he does the pass is either underhit or too close to a defender.

He strikes me as someone who just hasn't played much football in a team setting, especially against teams that will jump into the passing lanes to intercept sloppy passes.

B4o1WE9IUAACYCd.jpg:large

this picture of Lamela in the floodlight outage is quite cool.

Bale could pass to his team mates though.

Lamela does try, but he never knows when to release the ball, and when he does the pass is either underhit or too close to a defender.

He strikes me as someone who just hasn't played much football in a team setting, especially against teams that will jump into the passing lanes to intercept sloppy passes.
He has, but he hasn't played in a league quite as fast, and he hasn't played on a team where he's the one getting double-teamed. The lack of a RB means that the opposing LB and LW can focus entirely on him. They're pretty much ignoring Naughton/Dier/Vlad as they know none of them are a threat. It makes it a lot harder for Lamela when everyone knows his only option is to come inside and either pass to Eriksen/Kane/Mason, or try a shot. There's no overlap for the opposing defenders to worry about. It's the same problem for Lennon if he's playing.

After being my 2nd favourite signing of that summer, he can fuck off for all I care now. Basically a waste of space on the pitch most of the time.

After being my 2nd favourite signing of that summer, he can fuck off for all I care now. Basically a waste of space on the pitch most of the time.

Fans moan players have no loyalty, and yet you don't have to search far to find how fickle/unloyal fans are too.

He'll come good. Whether for us or someone else, but he will. He has quality, that's beyond doubt, just having issues getting that out of him.

Sounds like the Soldado thread...

Soldado is old and never had "potential". We bought him as a quality player who we expected to perform.

Lets be frank; Soldado's career is ruined after this. It's over. Lamela has time to fuck this up, move clubs and still end up at Barcelona

Jesus, some people. It's his first real season in the prem, last season was a write-off plagued by injuries. We're not even half-way through and people want rid of this young player with so much potential.

It's funny how so many people moan about Lamela getting tackled and losing the ball too much yet so many cry out for a player who can unlock defences and beat players. Probably the same people who used to moan when Bale took lots of shots (before they started going in regularly) and chanted "he plays on the left".

Yeh Lamela has lots of things he needs to work on, but he also has many things going for him and you can't question his workrate.

People constantly slating him, but I still think he should be playing every PL game. We won't finish 4th this year, him playing won't make us finish 10th. He has shown glimpses of him being a star and let him wrinkle out his mistakes and get him used to the PL so for next season we can seriously compete for atleast 4th.

Back
Top Bottom