Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just speaking to the 2 players who were signed to replace Bale's productivity.

It's a simple question - your maths and logic are supposed to be correct.

So once again, last season - to you - our 24-man squad played 912 PL games last season and only scored 55 goals.

Yes?

It's a simple question - your maths and logic are supposed to be correct.

So once again, last season - to you - our 24-man squad played 912 PL games last season and only scored 55 goals.

Yes?

Speaking to the two attacking players who were signed to replace Bale's goal productivity.

I'm pretty sure that goals arent expected for a majority of that 24 man squad.

Then again, Naughton's strike from distance is pretty lethal. :eriksenlol:

Me at work this past hour =

X2oeL.gif

Speaking to the two attacking players who were signed to replace Bale's goal productivity.

I'm pretty sure that goals are expected for a majority of that 24 man squad.

Then again, Naughton's strike from distance is pretty lethal. :eriksenlol:

What about the other 4 that were signed with Bale's money? Or Townsend, who was played in Bale's position.

I assume you concede your maths are flawed, as you didn't answer.

FYI, even with 'Murica Math...

Add up their Goals
Add up their Games Played.

Premier League (as per context)

Lamela 2013/14 - 3 Starts, 6 Subs
Soldado 2013/14 - 22 starts, 6 subs
Lamela 2014/15 - 12 Starts, 3 Subs
Soldado 2014/15 - 5 starts, 4 subs

61 games, 7 PL goals. Not far off Crouchy's PL record, even with odd maths.

What about the other 4 that were signed with Bale's money? Or Townsend, who was played in Bale's position.

I assume you concede your maths are flawed, as you didn't answer.

FYI, even with 'Murica Math...

Lamela 2013/14 - 3 Starts, 6 Subs
Soldado 2013/14 - 22 starts, 6 subs
Lamela 2014/15 - 12 Starts, 3 Subs
Soldado 2014/15 - 5 starts, 4 subs

61 games, 7 PL goals. Not far off Crouchy's PL record, even with odd maths.

Soldado has only 5 starts this year for a reason. That actually helps my argument......Gracias.

You prefer the Soldado KoolAid.

I don't have a problem w/ it. I just dont agree w/ it.

I don't have a problem with whether you like or dislike any players. We all have opposing opinions and it's idiotic to argue with an opinion.

What I disagree with is exaggerating or misrepresenting a player's performance in order to justify or swap opinion

Should literally just rename this entire forum "The fighting cunts".

Nah. Just some friendly debate.

We don't have to agree on anything and that's the point of the forum.

Its the noobs who take this shit a little too personally and turn it into a personal attack on others who are the actual cunts in the end.

I don't have a problem with whether you like or dislike any players. We all have opposing opinions and it's idiotic to argue with an opinion.

What I disagree with is exaggerating or misrepresenting a player's performance in order to justify or swap opinion

I dont think I'm exaggerating a thing.

Both players were signed to bang out goals for big money. Both have failed miserable in the prem since their arrival. If both come good, I'll eat some crow in a big way. I just dont see it and prefer to move on from both players. in the end, if your right , I'll be right here so you can give me the stick.

Both players were signed to bang out goals. Both have failed miserable in the prem since their arrival. If both come good, I'll eat some crow in a big way. I just dont see it and prefer to move on from both players. in the end, if your right , I'll be right here so you can give me the stick.

I don't think Lamela was signed for impact - it was down to Baldini grooming him and for him to be the next potential star. He spent the first half of the season a little unwanted by AVB, and the rest of it injured. Granted he's been underwhelming, but that depends on your expectations. Monetary value isn't just a measure of ability, but potential ability. It's too soon to count the chickens perhaps, but I'm not too fussed on anyones opinion of him.

With Soldado, like I've said elsewhere, it was different. Yes, he's been disappointing for the fee, but he's done everything he can do and has just not been on song. He can't help what he was signed for, in terms of money, so the anger would be better served against the people who pushed for the transfer (AVB/Baldini?).

No one will pretend he's been an amazing goalscorer, but the team he was bought for no longer exists - it was 2 managers ago.

Both players were signed to bang out goals. Both have failed miserable in the prem since their arrival. If both come good, I'll eat some crow in a big way. I just dont see it and prefer to move on from both players. in the end, if your right , I'll be right here so you can give me the stick.
I'm fairly certain that isn't what Erik was brought in for. He was a young, talented player with limitless potential, no-one, no-one with a modicum of football knowledge expected fireworks immediately from him. Soldado I'll give you, in prime, in form, big price. Lamela is 22 and you want to move on from him? Gotta question that logic man.

I'm fairly certain that isn't what Erik was brought in for. He was a young, talented player with limitless potential, no-one, no-one with a modicum of football knowledge expected fireworks immediately from him. Soldado I'll give you, in prime, in form, big price. Lamela is 22 and you want to move on from him? Gotta question that logic man.

Agree. Not too long ago we wanted to give Bale and 8 figures for Downing!

I don't think Lamela was signed for impact - it was down to Baldini grooming him and for him to be the next potential star. He spent the first half of the season a little unwanted by AVB, and the rest of it injured. Granted he's been underwhelming, but that depends on your expectations. Monetary value isn't just a measure of ability, but potential ability. It's too soon to count the chickens perhaps, but I'm not too fussed on anyones opinion of him.

With Soldado, like I've said elsewhere, it was different. Yes, he's been disappointing for the fee, but he's done everything he can do and has just not been on song. He can't help what he was signed for, in terms of money, so the anger would be better served against the people who pushed for the transfer (AVB/Baldini?).

No one will pretend he's been an amazing goalscorer, but the team he was bought for no longer exists - it was 2 managers ago.
I know of someone who works in analytics for a club in the north east and he was of the opinion that it was predictable that Soldado would struggle in an AVB team, but the complete collapse was something no one could foresee. We just got utterly blindsided with bad luck.

Back
Top Bottom