Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus people give Lamela some credit who knows little to no English. I'm sure if the interviewer were to say, "speak to us about your top drawer showing", Lamela would have been lost. Much easier to understand, "Erik, talk about your great game."

Fair play Eric who couldn't speak a word of English not long ago and now speaks really well. So pleased for the lad who has worked his bolloks off to finally show us the real Lamela. He has been frustrating but we all knew the kid had talent hence the big support for him. He's slowly becoming one of our most important players

Fair play Eric who couldn't speak a word of English not long ago and now speaks really well. So pleased for the lad who has worked his bolloks off to finally show us the real Lamela. He has been frustrating but we all knew the kid had talent hence the big support for him. He's slowly becoming one of our most important players
He has been ridiculed and slated from practically his first game. Just 5 mins in this thread shows the level of hate and dissatisfaction he has attracted (Also replicated at WHL too). Any support he has received has been from a very small percentage of fans.

He has been ridiculed and slated from practically his first game. Just 5 mins in this thread shows the level of hate and dissatisfaction he has attracted (Also replicated at WHL too). Any support he has received has been from a very small percentage of fans.

Well Lamela has personally thanked the spurs fans for the support for all his time here so I think you are going a bit OTT there mate. A few moaning spurs fans in the stands and people moaning on a spurs forum dosen't represent a large percentage of spurs fans you know. People were starting to get frustrated with him yes but the general level of support for Lamela has been excellent and the player has said that himself

Well Lamela has personally thanked the spurs fans for the support for all his time here so I think you are going a bit OTT there mate. A few moaning spurs fans in the stands and people moaning on a spurs forum dosen't represent a large percentage of spurs fans you know. People were starting to get frustrated with him yes but the general level of support for Lamela has been excellent and the player has said that himself
Rule number one, don't ever criticise the fans.

How you can say he has been supported is totally beyond me. He has been slatted by fans and media alike. The merits of his performances can be debated, but the majority of fans have not supported him, the vast majority wanting him gone. I go every home game and 70% of away games he his disliked by the majority of fans.

Was hardly expecting him to come out and say fuck you I proved u wrong to all the fans tho?

He under performed for a long time, but had a lot to adapt to. He's improved a lot and is playing well.
But it's one extreme to another, suddenly some are talking as if he's irreplaceable. I hope he continues to improve and a lot of credit is already due him but let's not get carried away.

well he came back from the summer after a long jolly up and had forgotten a lot of the stuff drummed into him last season to help him improve, since August he has now got better every week, testament of our coaching to get best out of him

He under performed for a long time, but had a lot to adapt to. He's improved a lot and is playing well.
But it's one extreme to another, suddenly some are talking as if he's irreplaceable. I hope he continues to improve and a lot of credit is already due him but let's not get carried away.
I think the reason people get so excited is because with him the limits are well...... limitless and it does at least give us hope! Imagine if we could have Saturday's lamella eriksen and son with Clinton pritch alli chadli etc as back up its a strong attack finally

Delighted to see him playing well now. I'd pretty much given up hope after the first couple of games this season after 2 years of saying he'll come good. Would not have been disappointed had he left at all, but he's now doing the right thing a lot more often than not and its contributing to some lovely football.

Back
Top Bottom