Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great impact today. His passing is better than anyone else's in the squad by some distance. If you break and he's on the ball it almost always ends in a goal.

Game was screaming out for Lamela over Son in the second half, great sub by Poch with immediate reward!
As soon as City started playing it was screaming for Lamela to put himself about. Didn't think he'd have such a massive impact going forward though. What a run, and what a ball.

When Erik first arrived he spent most of his time running into defenders.
He still does that occasionally but now there's more interest in finding and running into space.
I still can't fathom his 'action'...quirky to say the least...I reckon he'll be one of star performers next season.

great ball, clever substitution.

Son had done the biz up till then, and the team had run citeh to a standstill. Enter Lamela, great run and pass. Lovely finish from CE.

really, really good 18 man squad for match days. and some bloody good players that don't even make the bench. AEF, TDITD

71123.jpg

That pass

For me it still remains completely bizarre why Poch took so long to sub him on. In fact he is among a small hand full of players who have played this city side multiple times and had vital experience coming into this game.
I will assume maybe they had some disagreement in training but this should be water under the bridge. Lamela is a very hard worker on the pitch.

The thing that I like most about Erik is that since day one he's been the subject of massive abuse from a lot of Spurs fans, week in and week out. He's seen the social media idiocy, he's heard every stupid thing shouted at him at the Lane, and he's never run away, and never responded. He just kept his head down and worked harder. The lad is made of much sterner stuff than anyone would have thought.

For me it still remains completely bizarre why Poch took so long to sub him on. In fact he is among a small hand full of players who have played this city side multiple times and had vital experience coming into this game.
I will assume maybe they had some disagreement in training but this should be water under the bridge. Lamela is a very hard worker on the pitch.

We have seen on a number of occasions this year that Poch loves a late sub (Sometimes too late). There is no need to whip up conspiracies.

We have seen on a number of occasions this year that Poch loves a late sub (Sometimes too late). There is no need to whip up conspiracies.

I felt he left it far too late against City, personally. I know a lot of people don't/won't dissect the game, as they'd rather enjoy the victory, but there were some poor performances and decisions.

Thought Son offered no threat at all and just kept giving the ball away, over and over and over again without ever doing much with it (0 shots on or off target and only 1 shot against Watford too. Poor for an attacking player). I think he's lost his starting spot to Lamela, who I feel should have started. His pressing, fitness and goal threat are all greater in my eyes. Perhaps he won't score the same goals as Son, but he'll make up for it in his passing.

Dembele was directly responsible for us conceding. He should have tracked and simply didn't and ball watched. This was really poor and like the Spurs of old. Shouldn't happen again. The goal was down to him and Walker not stopping the cross.

We gave the ball away a pretty large amount of times, both in terms of dribbling and passing. Deli Alli had the lowest passing accuracy out of any outfield player in the game with 68%; it seemed like every pass he tried was a back heel or a flick. I felt this stopped us building any real pressure around their goal mouth, every time you break you either need to threaten the goal or slow the game and build an attack; he failed to do either a lot of the time and looked cocky. Hopefully a one off.

Quite incredibly, Lamela (And Chadli) had a 100% pass accuracy and Wimmer had 95%. For me, Wimmer was MOTM.

Great result and this will probably get a lot of hate, but it wasn't our best performance by a long shot and quite a few were mediocre and bailed out by those who were incredible (Rose, Wimmer, Lloris, Eriksen)

Back
Top Bottom