Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Slowly working his way up to "key player" status. Another solid performance today and took his goal very well! 8 goals already this season, hopefully he'll get a few more in the league.

More and more his becoming our Willian. Even when he dosent score or assist his vital to our system.
I hate having a revisionist dig but it's ironic once we start winning that for many of the naysayers Lamela's greatest flaws have become his greatest assets.

More and more his becoming our Willian. Even when he dosent score or assist his vital to our system.
I hate having a revisionist dig but it's ironic once we start winning that for many of the naysayers Lamela's greatest flaws have become his greatest assets.

He has always put a shift in and been instrumental for our pressing, he also seemed to have a knack for setting up goals. Yet somehow he never truly looked a proper player for us. Now, he's slowly putting the pieces together and is looking a genuine threat offensively whilst providing solid defensive play as well. Having been one of his staunchest defenders on here I couldn't be more thrilled but even I was done with him around the TDL lol, so we can all be revisionist together :dierpochhug:

Can happily admit I was wrong about him, gave up on him last season but he has proven me (and a lot of other Spurs fans) wrong.
Most of us would not have shed a tear if he'd gone in the summer. Glad that Poch is managing us & it's not down to us morons to pick the team eh? Quality again today. Very important cog in the wheel. Work rate is a credit to his conditioning & sheer will to succeed.

I am not going to say i told you so , but fuck it I, TOLD YOU SO. Lamela is class, even when he was like bambi last season, always losing posession, he always did something intelligent to split open even the tightest of defences. Albeit he was not ready for the physicality of the epl, now he seems to developing that part of his game. He tracks backs, gets stuck in tackles and provides great cover for whoever is at RB.

I remember the good old days where people use to comment on a players thread after every game ='(

Great pass today. I think he's the only person in our squad who can make passes like that, better than Eriksen in that regards.

He's off form and really needs to pick it up (especially with chadli doing so well, Eriksen returning to form and Son contributing).
A few inches and he's got a goal and an assist. Not sure there's another player in our squad that could have played that pass to Chadli. Have him above Chadli and Son at the moment, but it's great we have the options.

A few inches and he's got a goal and an assist. Not sure there's another player in our squad that could have played that pass to Chadli. Have him above Chadli and Son at the moment, but it's great we have the options.
He hasn't had a good game since Watford away tbf. The other 2 are playing better currently.

He hasn't had a good game since Watford away tbf. The other 2 are playing better currently.

Eriksen Alli Chadli for me against Norwich. Lamela will work his way back into the side surely but at the moment he's behind those 3 and Son as well. I'm just happy there is actual competition this season so that guys don't automatically get to play even when on a bad run of form.

The other 2 don't contribute anywhere near as much defensively. Maybe we can play a more attacking lineup against Norwich, but against big teams his defensive contributions are invaluable.

The other 2 don't contribute anywhere near as much defensively. Maybe we can play a more attacking lineup against Norwich, but against big teams his defensive contributions are invaluable.
This is true. Lamela is defensively better than both Son and Chadli but like you said, for certain games we can sacrifice the defensive side of things for a more potent attack.

Unlike you i don't go overboard with my criticism of players i don't particularly rate.

Lamela brings a lot to the team when on form but he's not on form now. Time to give others a run out as i'm sure Poch will do.

Oh dear, I don't go overboard on my criticism of players, that's ridiculously unfair. I hated Paulinho, that was it. If Chadli doesn't look to be putting the effort in, I'll say so. Come on? He's grabbed his chance and good luck to him, but when he came back from injury he was miles away from getting back into the team.

Back
Top Bottom