Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok cracka, you carry on son. Like anyone gives a fuck about your POV. Keep smoking that crack pipe ya hear? I'm sure you can afford it with all the money you save on not watching Tottenham.

P.S. The premier league is not the only game in town. I guess you didn't know that.
Crack pipe jokes. Sigh.

Less time here. More time on the employment search. Ciao

Nobody , including me, gives a fock what you think about how others should go about their lives. Being a miserable cunt is no way to live your life my man.
Oh I so agree. I usually aim for levity, I think that's obvious. The miserable cunt is you. You're always moaning about something. That comedown is a bitch though, so I'll allow for that in future. You live your life anyway you see fit mate - I couldn't give a crispy.

Oh I so agree. I usually aim for levity, I think that's obvious. The miserable cunt is you. You're always moaning about something. That comedown is a bitch though, so I'll allow for that in future. You live your life anyway you see fit mate - I couldn't give a crispy.
Nah. I'm mostly positive here. I just don't rate Lamela

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26514-1380473536-4.gif

Your worst post!

Coco is the future and our best signing since Gazza!

The best is yet to come!

Other than Lamela you're ok and the crack between you and Joe?

Priceless!

But we're all Spurs so never lose sight of that!

:levyeyes:

Anyone who can score a hat-trick against a team like Monaco, has a silky rabona in his locker, works tirelessly every single time he steps out on the pitch and keeps on improving is a winner in my book.

Yes, he might not look like someone with a £30m price tag, but he never asked for that. He had a rough first two seasons but is turning it around. He's 23 and is only going to improve. I've been reluctant to criticise Lamela because I just don't think he deserves the criticism he gets. If we had spent £10m on him, no one would be saying a word.

he was never gonna stroll into a far quicker tougher league and be a Bale replacement but Poch has turned him into a big asset in other ways.
Hes more relentless than anyone on the playing staff for chasing the ball down and tackling (admittedly not all of them good tackles) but he never hides and you can't question his commitment.

23 lads-bit more time in this quality young side he could yet emerge as a goal machine in this league.

Anyone who can score a hat-trick against a team like Monaco, has a silky rabona in his locker, works tirelessly every single time he steps out on the pitch and keeps on improving is a winner in my book.

Yes, he might not look like someone with a £30m price tag, but he never asked for that. He had a rough first two seasons but is turning it around. He's 23 and is only going to improve. I've been reluctant to criticise Lamela because I just don't think he deserves the criticism he gets. If we had spent £10m on him, no one would be saying a word.

So true. Add to that - and someone will correct me if I'm mistaken - but he's never, ever complained. The media and most fans has talked all day, every day about his lack of physical strength, his trouble getting good at the English language and how the price tag effected him. But he's never used it as an excuse, and he's never insisted on keeping his silky style (as his primary weapon). He's just kept his head down, worked hard and adjusted his style and body to the demands in this league. I think back to pictures of him after his first season of him working hard (before preseason I think) because he wanted to prove himself at Spurs, as rumours where doing the rounds that he was heading back to Italy. If that's not, as you say, a winner then I don't know what is.

There's always room for an informed discussion of who deserves to start from match to match, but anyone claiming Lamela shouldn't be in the mix every single time is holding a serious grudge over what happened a year or two ago and/or putting too much emphasis on the price tag, rather than seeing what's happening right now.

He deserves every bit of succes, he gets. And he continues his rise and becomes a world beater with us, it's one of the best (career) performances I can remember at Spurs, given the troubles and development he's been through!

couple more man city style winning performances in the league even the biggest doubters will have to give credit.
I just think its tough to get specific credit in this team because we are a team.
We work as a unit and everyone is buying into what Poch is doing-theres not many standout attacking performances apart from Harry at times because we live and die as a team and I think everyone deserves credit atm.

I think Erik deserves huge credit. For me he offers so much you have to fit him into each team. Of course Hugo is always first on the team sheet along with the likes of Dier and Harry, who without we are weaker but honestly we are weaker without Lamela too, cause he presses, he gets back and defends, he is a goal threat, you can rely on him to show up.

Back
Top Bottom