Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You bet he does. All together now:

He's seen some things mannnnnn, and some stuff.

aec8318eeb0aeefc11cb91e13e7fd382.jpg

Rumors going around Le Twitter that Lamela has sustained a muscle injury :dier:

I jinxed it didn't I?
Whilst he has been immense in recent weeks. We do have Son to come back into the team so it's not like we have to rely on Townsend just yet. I hope he isn't out for long if it's true though, he's suspended for the next game anyway.

I actually think he likes being at Tottenham and could build a great rapport with the Spurs faithful. Seems to have time for the fans even outside the club parameters. That maybe something to do with the over zealous fanatasim of the argie and Italian fans he's been used to.

Admittedly, wasn't sure at first, but always remember bales (not comparing players just fans reactions) first two seasons at the lane, when he was playing left back. Used to sit half way line of the shelf, and he got so much abuse, it was obscene for a youngster. I moved seats in the end because of these clowns, but there was vile hatred for bale, booing at the team sheet, every time he ran past, he'd be called a cunt etc. these were 45-65 year old 'men'. Soon to be applauding and adoring him in the seasons to come. I haven't heard quite the same abuse for coco, although sit in the Paxton now, and don't attend as many home games.

Another similarity is that I was told Harry was within a whiskers hair of selling bale to forest for 1m. I never saw that reported in the media, maybe missed it, maybe was fed inaccurately to me. But the source is very good friends with Steve P. So when I heard his transfer was off this summer, I thought, you never know.

However, don't think we should be jumping on the bandwagon, just yet. Support, yes, put him up on a pedestal, no. Only because, let the lad develop, let's not pressure him anymore, he is coming along, and theres a definite upward trajectory on his performances. I really think we could do without the 'told you so's' as well, almost as bad as the naysayers. His price tag has definitely been a weight around both his and the clubs shoulders, and it's just awesome to see the lad play with a bit more freedom.

I think as a club, we do need him to work out, seeing as our recent money signings, bent, soldado, pauliniho have flopped, as it'd be nice to prove to levy it's ok to get your cheque book out once in a while!

Last edited:
Scores a hat trick and I still need to go through 4 pages to find his thread? For shame.

Easily starting to show his quality though, and last night's performance is the type of performance we paid 30M for. This is what I saw him do at Roma, although Totti's opinion is probably more valid than mine on this occasion. A great game for him regardless though. Long may it continue,

And now we all know he has two feet so clearly better than Maradona or Messi!

Better hair anyway!

:lamelashock:

Yesterday he was amazing his best match in a Spurs shirt. Had a sneaky suspicion on the back of his recent form he was due a breakout game like this and delighted it has come.

I must say Spurs supporters as a whole deserve credit for backing him in some rough times. I am one which was hoping we would get rid of him in the summer but luckily for me and the club, we stuck by him.

Back
Top Bottom