Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lot of stupid spurs fans giving him shit on the twitter last night which I don't agree with one bit, I will say I think he may be unhappy/a little depressed at having to leave Roma and I don't think he's fully come around to the idea of playing in another country yet.

We have 7 new players. Considering that, things are going really well. Out of those 7 new players it is true to say that only Paulinho and Eriksen looked great from day 1. The other 5 clearly need time to gel and I don't think any of them can be written off in the senseless way Lamela, Chadli and Soldado have been by many. With all the changes, 3rd place with 2 goals conceded in all competitions is not good enough for them. Perhaps they would prefer if we had all our eggs in the brilliant but injury prone1 man team we had last season ?

I stand by what I said, after the departure of Zeman and the dismantling of his all out attacking system Lamela only had 3 assists and 5 goals in the 4 months after Zeman's departure as opposed to the 10 goals and 2 assists he had when Zeman was there. This highlights two things firstly the fact that Lamela had less assists and more goals in the first half of the season under Zeman shows that he basically did play as a striker and the 5 goals and 3 assists show that under the interim coach Aurelio Andreazzoli he played as more of a winger which is the position he would be playing in our system meaning that we cannot expect the same output as the first half of last season as the tactics were totally different to the way we play. That is why I believe that 30 million is way over the top even if the fee we paid was based on potential or based on the player we think he can become it to is over the top as rarely do players turn out the way we think they will.

Original post: Very overrated footballer scored 15 goals and had 5 assists in a season which he played the majority of under the great Zdenek Zeman who is essentially the Arsene Wenger of Serie A in that he has a group of footballing principles which he will never abandon. Has been playing the same 433 all out attacking brand of football since the late 80s where the full backs are wingers, the front 3 are all strikers and the middle 3 are constantly making runs forward without a care in the world for defending, which is left up to the 2 centre backs and the goalkeeper who is essentially a sweeper. 30 million wasted if you ask me, shame.

I will fight you :lloris:

Have watched ever game he's played in this season and don't feel I've seen enough of him to pass any kind of judgement at all, good or bad.

Unless there have been another 10 secret games that I've not hear about then most other spurs fans are in the same boat and should just calm the fuck down.

I will say I think he may be unhappy/a little depressed at having to leave Roma and I don't think he's fully come around to the idea of playing in another country yet.

I've often wondered this. It's always hard on anyone making such a massive change in culture and climate, especially when so young, but there was an interview from Roma's chairman shortly after the transfer in which he "explained" to Roma's fans that Lamela had become "unsettled" due to another Italian club making an offer. So this leads me to wonder how much either a) he wanted to stay at Roma or b) wanted just to stay in Italy. Either way, no doubt it plays a certain part on his psyche at the moment.

I think he's doing just fine considering the circumstances, and if anything I'm glad it's also forced Townsend to step up his game.

We have 7 new players. Considering that, things are going really well. Out of those 7 new players it is true to say that only Paulinho and Eriksen looked great from day 1. The other 5 clearly need time to gel and I don't think any of them can be written off in the senseless way Lamela, Chadli and Soldado have been by many. With all the changes, 3rd place with 2 goals conceded in all competitions is not good enough for them. Perhaps they would prefer if we had all our eggs in the brilliant but injury prone1 man team we had last season ?

Dempsey!!!! We need him back. :(. I need him back. :'-(

I don't know about you guys, but at least AVB is :avblol: with Lamela ...

"I am extremely happy with what Erik has been doing," he is quoted by talkSPORT. "It was difficult for him because he is a player that likes to be creative, involved in short combinations and he couldn't come into the game as much as we wanted.

"They were difficult conditions [in Russia}. The pitch was awful and it was difficult for technical players to make a difference. We still tried to play the ball but you saw many times we lost it.

"But up until now I'm extremely happy with what he's been doing. He just faces tough competition from Andros Townsend, who has also been doing very well, for that position."

Lamela has contributed more (Assist in win at Cardiff) in his measly Prem minutes then Townsend in his 5 Prem starts
I think its pretty obvious that he is the better choice at RW and just a matter of time when Lamela & Townsend swap roles w/ Prem and Europa fixtures

Do we not think that Sigurdsson is going to be the one to lose his place in the team when we start with Lamela? Cannot see us dropping Townsend to the bench or reserves especially with the comparisons with Robben lately.

I think its pretty obvious that he is the better choice at RW and just a matter of time when Lamela & Townsend swap roles w/ Prem and Europa fixtures

I'd have agreed with you a few weeks ago after Townsend starting contributing nothing but to the shots taken tally, but after his performance against Chelskeet I no longer can. Townsend's fearlessness is the style of ball that attracted me to Spurs in the first place. To see him display some variety in his game against a quality side so shortly after it being called for was impressive to me. The lad has answered the call every single time he has been asked to make a change.

I like what Lamela's done and look forward to watching him progress, but at the moment Townsend's one of the first names on the sheet for me.

Still wish we would have gotten Ljajic.

Do we not think that Sigurdsson is going to be the one to lose his place in the team when we start with Lamela? Cannot see us dropping Townsend to the bench or reserves especially with the comparisons with Robben lately.

As long as Siggy keeps scoring, he isn't going anywhere. But I agree, the problem is that our two best wingers play on the same side.

Once again, a problem that could've been avoided with Ljajic.

Comparisons to Robben ? Who on earth is making that connection? Townsend has a long way to go before those have any validity

By asset, do you mean cutting in and shooting? For me, I see his main asset to be his pace and ability and confidence in taking on the fullback. Personally, I'd like to see Townsend tried on the left, so that he can put in more crosses. This especially the case with Rose out, which makes our left flank narrow and rather one dimensional.

Back
Top Bottom