Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know he was brought in on the left yesterday, and he may have felt a bit uncomfortable there, but LAmela still looks a bit out of sorts. There was a moment in front of goal yesterday - and similar in the last home Europa fixture - when the ball fell at Lamela's feet, and all he needed to do was welly it and it would be in the back of the net. Instead a look of panic came over his face, and he froze, like a rabbit in the headlights, and lost the moment.

Is it the price tag? Is it the rigors of the premier league? The weather? The language? I don't know, but something seems to have spooked him. There have been flashes of brilliance, like his setting up the Paulinho goal against Cardiff, which was sublime, but I feel we haven't yet seen the best of him, and the only way to do this will be to start him in some league games. Townsend is doing well but can do with rotation as much as any player, it's time for AVB to start rotating, and starting Lamela in his most comfortable role.

Give him a few starts vs subbing him in makes a hell of a more sense if we're talking about his accelerating his development. Those Europa fixtures right now are a bit pointless w/ the comp level.

The #vealcake is just being raised in the Kobé tradition by AVB. Soon he will be #beefcake enough for all of us.

Once Townsend shifts to the left (which will happen soon) and Lamela takes his slot on the right we will be golden.

I think when we have Lamela, Eriksen, Holtby, Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Capoue and Soldado settled and at full tilt, (and fully fit in Dembele & Capoue's case) we'll be fucking unstoppable!!!

There, rose-tinted specs well and truly back on!

I think when we have Lamela, Eriksen, Holtby, Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Capoue and Soldado settled and at full tilt, (and fully fit in Dembele & Capoue's case) we'll be fucking unstoppable!!!

There, rose-tinted specs well and truly back on!
:disdain: #neverred

These any better....?
ux_a08042300ux0006_ux_c.jpg

Lilywhite-tinted specs!!!

Judging by Sunday's performance i think it's Siggy he should replace in the starting line up and not Townsend. Townsend actually moved well on the wing and some of his crosses were first class while Siggy wasn't even on the wing to begin with, no width at all.

Back
Top Bottom