Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, thought towards the end of his stint with us, when fitness allowed I thought he was a genuine game changer, shame he's left, but thats football... Not sure how true it was but I heard in all his time in London he didn't pick the lingo up at all, which sort of pointed to him never really settling in London..
Odd that, as I recall an anecdote from Danny Rose where Lamela and Danny went out to dinner, and he told Rose that Spurs were seriously about to win the league (the year Leicester were powered by a super natural force) Maybe he spoke Yorkshire or something 🤔

Last edited:

Katy Perry Wow GIF

I'm ready for some stick here, but hear me out. There's a tiny part of me that has an itch to see Lamela for one last hurrah in Ange-Ball. A short one, given his age. All the same.

Admittedly, I've had a soft spot for the lad since forever. I do though honestly think, he could do a job, if Lo Celso is deemed unfit for the task. Eze would be the place to go, but can't see it happening in January and even in the summer, it has to be because Eze wants to play for Ange over teams with, in theory, a much bigger chance of trophies.

Lamela is being used both on the wings and as a 10 of late; he can receive the ball under pressure and turn players, much like what we do best right now; he will run himself into the ground for the team; and we could do worse than a bit of experience with a side order of shithousery in our young squad.

Not going to happen, I know, but at least I've scratched the itch a tiny bit by getting it out into the world.

:lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh:

I'm ready for some stick here, but hear me out. There's a tiny part of me that has an itch to see Lamela for one last hurrah in Ange-Ball. A short one, given his age. All the same.

Admittedly, I've had a soft spot for the lad since forever. I do though honestly think, he could do a job, if Lo Celso is deemed unfit for the task. Eze would be the place to go, but can't see it happening in January and even in the summer, it has to be because Eze wants to play for Ange over teams with, in theory, a much bigger chance of trophies.

Lamela is being used both on the wings and as a 10 of late; he can receive the ball under pressure and turn players, much like what we do best right now; he will run himself into the ground for the team; and we could do worse than a bit of experience with a side order of shithousery in our young squad.

Not going to happen, I know, but at least I've scratched the itch a tiny bit by getting it out into the world.

:lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh:

As much as I’d like him to come back as a player (his shithousery with Romero would be immense), he still has his injuries and would be missing many games.

However, I’d like him to return to our club as an ambassador, when his playing days are over.

Lamela always gave everything and never gave up, it was IMO an attitude we were severely lacking in our squad at the time. Ange seems to have changed this, and the players look fired up like never before. I don't think we need him right now, unless it's in an ambassador role like you said. If he's free, I wouldn't mind subbing him, just so he can slide tackle Arteta.
:lamelaaghh:

As much as I’d like him to come back as a player (his shithousery with Romero would be immense), he still has his injuries and would be missing many games.

However, I’d like him to return to our club as an ambassador, when his playing days are over.

for me, Romero is not really a shithouse, as he is blatant in what he does - whereas Lamela was as sly as they come. A little dig here, a little dig there, subtly stamping on Fabregas' hand....etc. He's the sort of player that would do the old trick of helping their opponent (he'd just fouled) up off the ground, but at the same time, he'd be pulling his opponents armpit hair.

Loved him.

Back
Top Bottom