\0/\0/ Poland Vs England - Weds 8th Sept KO 8pm \0/\0/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I got very bored of the Grealish-Mount lovefest over on the far side. Did they cross the ball once? Don't think so.

Good game.

We played well. Strange to see England genuinely boss games.

We were crying out for a team like this Donkeys years ago when we had big names all over the park but just couldn't play as a team.

Now we're a proper team, and one that will only get better. Put Foden and Bellingham in that midfield with Rice down the line...

That's why Lewandowski is the best striker in the world
Comes up big in big moments against better teams and against all odds
LOL so based on the disagrees i'm getting, fanboys really think that there's a better striker than Lewandowski at this point in time??

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

Poland is barely a top 30 team in the world.
England is top 3-5
Kane scoring against a poor team like Poland should be expected

Time and time again, Lewandowski wills his teams to good results. Delivers in the biggest moments against better teams. This is why he's the best striker in the world.

Just my opinion.
With a username like NdomBadBoy I think all your opinions should be taken with a mighty pinch of salt

England is top 3-5

Time and time again, Lewandowski wills his teams to good results. Delivers in the biggest moments against better teams. This is why he's the best striker in the world.

Just my opinion.

All he did all game of any real note was one good cross. Stones had him in his pocket whenever Poland did get forward, which wasn't a lot.

Kane had a really poor game but still scored. That's how any normal Tottenham fan would see it.

LOL so based on the disagrees i'm getting, fanboys really think that there's a better striker than Lewandowski at this point in time??

Kane and Benzema for one. Haaland will also join the list in a year or 2. Want any others?

England is top 3-5

Just my opinion.
Yeah well your opinion is a crock of shite

To be fair, our players on the pitch had so many opportunities to score a second but often made the wrong pass. Southgate isn't responsible for that. But not making any subs at all is just ridiculous.
You are right. I agree. I wasn't blaming Southgate for that but it was obvious they were knackered and we have such a good bench. He just has no idea how to rescue a game going beyond him. It's a piss easy qualifying group so he'll of course get the plaudits if we smash through the rest of our games

Not just saying it now, but why weren't the likes of Saka and Bellingham used?

Poor to concede so late but overall another decent performance without ever getting out of third gear. Poland at home aren't mugs and we largely controlled the game.

We didn't win...... Shouldn't the fact that we didn't get out of third gear bother you?

Attacking players looked clueless.

We were crying out for a team like this Donkeys years ago when we had big names all over the park but just couldn't play as a team.

Now we're a proper team, and one that will only get better. Put Foden and Bellingham in that midfield with Rice down the line...

I can’t remember seeing a team of England players who keep the ball so well. Usually at international level we give it back all the time.

We didn't win...... Shouldn't the fact that we didn't get out of third gear bother you?

Attacking players looked clueless.

Not really. I don't think we played anything like as well as we can, with Kane and Sterling both having off games. But we were still the better side over 90 minutes against a difficult side on their own patch. Their crowd kept them in it along with us often having a poor final ball.

As always in football, if you don't put the game to bed you can be made to pay for it.

I can’t remember seeing a team of England players who keep the ball so well. Usually at international level we give it back all the time.

Absolutely. Go back to when we arguably had a better side on paper with the likes of Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney and we would often share the possession with teams like Poland. At times I do think we could move the ball quicker but that's something that we can continue to improve.

The fact that you aren't also a Kane "fanboy" and never have been only proves that you're not really a Tottenham fan. Not in the true sense.

Not really. I don't think we played anything like as well as we can, with Kane and Sterling both having off games. But we were still the better side over 90 minutes against a difficult side on their own patch. Their crowd kept them in it along with us often having a poor final ball.

As always in football, if you don't put the game to bed you can be made to pay for it.

Exactly.... BUT..... Perhaps 2nd or even 1st gear might have got the job done.

Without a win to go with it, "we didn't even get out of 3rd gear" is not something to praise.

Too many times we beat a man and then stopped or span back round and tried to beat the same man again. Sterling & Grealish blind to Kane..... Serious lack of potency and urgency.

I'm fucked off.

Back
Top Bottom