2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not quite on this level but I've gone for it anyway :gazza:

pa-photos_t_paul-gascoigne-early-career-photos-2307s.jpg

Love the look of the third kit, but if there's anything that I don't like about it, then it's the shade of the yellow. I wished the yellow was a bit more paler/darker/maturer, like it appeared in the leaks. Oh well, it's not a biggy.

I know you may want yours earlier, but for me it's entirely worth waiting until they do one of their frequent "free shipping anywhere" sales. Is like five meals of Taco Bell-worth saved.

Want to repeat again though, I really like this shirt. Lamela is going to look the absolute sex appeal in this thing.

Looks like there's also a sponsor-free home next to it, waaant :gomes:
Hey, if you're interested very early on, for getting the third, the promo code TOUR2014 still works for free shipping. (I personally haven't tried it, but I read about it on Reddit.)

The sponsor-free home shirt confirms to me just how shit that design really is. Even removing the eyesore of the garish red AIA, I still wouldn't put that train wreck on. Just a mistake of marketing. Someone on the design team came up with the whole patterned shoulder tribute idea and they stuck with it even after it became apparent there's no good way to transition to the rest of the shirt, so they threw in the stupid chest bar which in turn necessitated the weird ass collar to break up the monotony of its crossing on the shirt. The shirt is basically a case study in digging a deeper and deeper hole. Someone should have had the sense to just tell them to can the shoulder pattern and come up with another tribute.
So apparently you designed it, why don't you just come out and admit it?
:gallashmm:

Just reading the 'blurb' for the home kit;
PRODUCT INFO
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory." - Bill Nicholson
This is the official Tottenham Hotspur men's short sleeve home shirt for the 2014/15 season. The kit is inspired by and commemorates Bill Nicholson, a legendary Tottenham Hotspur Manager, in the 10th anniversary of his passing.
Bill Nicholson was the man who introduced yellow as a kit colour during his reign as manager. Since then yellow has become a regular Spurs colour and has been featured on Spurs kits every decade since its introduction. The words 'Echo of Glory' taken from Bill Nicholson's famous quote along with the gates of White Hart Lane are also woven into the fabric of the home shirt....
...all very nice and respectful... then I noticed this;
Please Note: Not all Shirts will have the Wording "Echo of Glory" due to the cut of the fabric across the repeat jacquard pattern that runs through it.

...does that mean those kits won't be inspired by or commemorate Bill Nicholson?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom