2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

England is crap, as usual and the English think they are favorites, as usual. Will go out at the latest in the quarter finals, as usual.

My tips:

QF
France-Uruguay
Brazil - Belgium
Spain - Croatia
Sweden-Colombia

Semi
Uruguay-Belgium
Croatia-Sweden

Final
Belgium-Croatia

Winner
Croatia

3rd
Sweden

Don't like England, stop following an English club side that have over the years provided England with more players than any other club other than Man United.

Fucking Swedes. Aren't ABBA making a comeback? Sums up your cultural contribution to the world.

Zlatan is the only Swede in it's entirety history that has an actual personality.

Duller than Norwegians, that's how boring Swedes are.

Yeah, how do you like that?

;-)

For what it's worth Colombia will be a tough challenge but if James doesn't make it I think we'll do it, Harry & Dele proving to be the match-winners.

I also think Sweden will edge past Switzerland, most likely on on pens.
Switzerland have two defenders out (injured or banned?) That could be the difference.

If we reach the quarter finals and get beaten, it's still above our expectations so both our heads and tails will be held high.

Are you a Colombian from Bolton?

200w.gif

Watch this, this sums up my frustration

Watching this reminded me of an HSBC advert that spammed my Facebook feed the other week. It was basically a short video depicting a day in the life of a trans-gender person. HSBC it seems are very keen to promote LGBT issues. I checked the comments section below and of course there was a fair amount of trans-hate shouted down by numerous people who lavished praise on HSBC for producing the video. Not one person questioned why HSBC were doing this, which was the question that most stood out for me when I watched the video, our indeed made reference to their appalling behaviour in recent years including the part they played in Bank crash. They've been in trouble with the FSA more often than not in the last decade. In fact, I doubt very much if their PR department has anything other than minimal contact with the every day workings of the bank.

If we reach the quarter finals and get beaten, it's still above our expectations so both our heads and tails will be held high.

Are you a Colombian from Bolton?
Yes mate. Of course.
Cheeky little fun bet for you.
Bet you £10- winner to go to charity of your choice- that England go further than you in this World Cup. Double up to £20 if we meet in the quarters?
Goes to a good cause either way and adds a bit of spice.

How much do we all care about England and the World Cup?

As an Englishman I like to see them do well, but if I'm honest I'd rather Spurs won at Newcastle on the opening day than England won the entire competition, given the choice between the two.
Everyone’s different. I’m almost certainly in the minority, but I’d take an England WC win over a Spurs PL win

Back
Top Bottom