2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching this reminded me of an HSBC advert that spammed my Facebook feed the other week. It was basically a short video depicting a day in the life of a trans-gender person. HSBC it seems are very keen to promote LGBT issues. I checked the comments section below and of course there was a fair amount of trans-hate shouted down by numerous people who lavished praise on HSBC for producing the video. Not one person questioned why HSBC were doing this, which was the question that most stood out for me when I watched the video, our indeed made reference to their appalling behaviour in recent years including the part they played in Bank crash. They've been in trouble with the FSA more often than not in the last decade. In fact, I doubt very much if their PR department has anything other than minimal contact with the every day workings of the bank.
Watch this, this sums up my frustration

If it wasn't cool, trendy, corporate friendly, or bestowing of moral virtue, half of the liberal zombies wouldn't give a fuck about equality and the oppressed. Bigotry (mainly under the guise of bullying) still exists but most of this stuff does more harm than good now.

Well so far we have eliminated Holland, Italy and Germany. But I must admit Sweden third is more with heart than mind.

Eh? Holland and Italy aren't in it, and you handed Germany 3 points.

You can't call the English deluded and then tip your own country (who honestly aren't as good as England) to get third.

Everyone’s different. I’m almost certainly in the minority, but I’d take an England WC win over a Spurs PL win
Wow. Considering I would swap it for a single victory. But fair play.

I used to care more about the national team. The fact is that I can't stand the fact that some of the fans are Woolwich/Chelsea/other cunts who hate us. See this video for example England fans filmed giving Nazi salutes at World Cup - CNN I also despise some of the players (Young, Sterling, Wellbeck etc).

Everyone’s different. I’m almost certainly in the minority, but I’d take an England WC win over a Spurs PL win

That's an interesting thought.

I think I would take an England world cup champions win on July 15th than Spurs being crowned champs in May 2019.

My thinking is that England will most likely never do that again in my life time as they last won it five years before I was born and I really believe that Totenham are on the cusp of greatness similiar to Man Utd in the Ferguson peak years.

I think I would take an England world cup champions win on July 15th than Spurs being crowned champs in May 2019.

My thinking is that England will most likely never do that again in my life time as they last won it five years before I was born and I really believe that Totenham are on the cusp of greatness similiar to Man Utd in the Ferguson peak years.
Nah. Fuck that. Club before country for me.
I’m enjoying watching England play more than I have done for years (apart from the Belgium game which was a case of giving the B team a run out with nothing to lose except a dead rubber) & it’s rekindled some interest in the international scene so I’m happy about that.
But TTID. I wouldn’t swap an England WC for a Tottenham PL title. Or any trophy for that matter.

Absolutely ridiculous stat of the day.

The four main stars playing today (Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Griezmann) have 463 La Liga goals between them since the last World Cup.

Dg8KzArX4AA45__.jpg:large

Dg8M6LQVQAAzBc4.jpg:large

Matuidi over Lemar or Dembele :avbfacepalm:

All this bollocks about the narrative changing is just the press wanking themselves off over how important they are. What the gutter press say really shouldn't affect the players at all, as an expat I can confirm it is easy to ignore when you aren't there
It's just such a welcome change though, usually people only go by the headline anyway and never read the article, this time it's almost a universal kicking everyone is giving them. Although on the "should have played best 11 against Belgium" there is more of a split but still don't get this is driven by the press this time, think it's felt by the individual, which is fair enough.

That has an impact I think. I fully expect Spurs to win trophies over the next 3-4 years.....actually for as long as Poch stays. Once the first one comes there will be plenty more I think.

The good thing is, you don’t ever have to choose between the two :)

Wow. Considering I would swap it for a single victory. But fair play.

I used to care more about the national team. The fact is that I can't stand the fact that some of the fans are Woolwich/Chelsea/other cunts who hate us. See this video for example England fans filmed giving Nazi salutes at World Cup - CNN I also despise some of the players (Young, Sterling, Wellbeck etc).
There are cunts who support Spurs as well, but I get your point.

On the plus side, Spurs could be about to win the World Cup anyway!

Crazy that both these counties don't start their best available players.

- Di Maria and Pavon in a 4-3-3, yet their dominant foot being on the outside.
- Aguero, Dybala, Higuain to choose from. Yet don't start with a striker.
- Enzo Perez still managing to get games.
- Matuidi playing left wing.
- No Dembele when you know Argentina cannot defend.

Just confusing.

Hopefully we get a good game though.

It's just such a welcome change though, usually people only go by the headline anyway and never read the article, this time it's almost a universal kicking everyone is giving them. Although on the "should have played best 11 against Belgium" there is more of a split but still don't get this is driven by the press this time, think it's felt by the individual, which is fair enough.
I agree it's great to see the journalists getting a kicking. Self important fuckers that think the fact that they mastered a skill the average 8 year old can do, writing, makes them some kind of sages on pedestals leading the working man

Back
Top Bottom