2021/22 Squad Numbers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If someone told me at the start of the summer that Sissoko, Winks, Dier, and Sanchez would all have squad numbers at the start of the season, I can't even imagine how I'd have felt.

Only thing making me feel much better is that there is still time to offload, and I'm excited about Gil and Romero.

Nuno is an ENICunts puppet who's just grateful to be here. He will do whatever they instruct him to do and if they think Winks is a great talent then Nuno will play him every match.
Stop piling onto Nuno. He's got the job on merit and seems to have a mind of his own. I'm sure that Sissok, Dier, Winks will all be moved on once we get replacements.

Is this what you think of me?

I'm hurt and broken
This gif of a grumpy pussy cut perfectly sums up how I see you, you little tinker.

Grumpy Cat Annoyed Face GIF

I notice the OS have updated the 1st team profiles but for some reason have not added Winks to the on loan list. I wonder if Bissouma might get the number 8 or is it too late?
When do we have to submit the new squad list to the EPL and UCL?
By the rules of the game it should be too late. He's made appearances wearing number 38 already so he should be locked down.

Obviously Ronaldo got number 7
after Cavani made games last year, but he is one of the leagues special boys.
Probably too late, number changes during a season are usually forbidden with only one case in recent memory but you'll know who and why that was.

However, he can use it in European games, I believe. I seem to remember Andy Cole having 9 for cup games but a different number in the league when he first signed for United, but that was more than 20 years ago...
Some countries have limits on what squad numbers that can be used in different competitions.

In France for example, the league allows a similar number system as the one in the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga and so on. But for the domestic cups you are only allowed to use numbers 1-18 (or however big the matchday squad is). So it is not uncommon in France to see a player that uses number let's say 19 in the league use number 6 in the cups if that number is available.
What's the logic behind that?
Not wishing to sound like an old fogey.... but dear God, does it matter??

1-11 for me, every day.... squad numbers are only designated to sell shirts, so why don't we all stop worrying about who has #78 or 1+7=8???

What was wrong with;
1 Aleksic
2 Hughton
3 Miller
4 Roberts
5 Villa
6 Perryman
7 Ardiles
8 Archibald
9 Galvin
10 Hoddle
11 Crooks

Showing my age somewhat, but you get the gist!

If someone told me at the start of the summer that Sissoko, Winks, Dier, and Sanchez would all have squad numbers at the start of the season, I can't even imagine how I'd have felt.

Only thing making me feel much better is that there is still time to offload, and I'm excited about Gil and Romero.
It could all still change.

We all know Kane is off, yet he's got a squad number.

Let's hope #2, #6, #8, #15, #17, #20, #24 and #33 will either have new owners or be free after the deadline day.

That’s definitely wishful thinking!
Doherty isnt going anywhere and I doubt Dier is either. Davies and Dele will almost certainly stay too. If we can move on Sanchez, Sissoko, Winks and Aurier though that would be a good sales window for me. Those four are the most important ones to move on.

Don’t be surprised if we can’t offload Winks, Sissoko, Aurier and Sanchez this window. Every European league is in financial shit because they don’t get sustained by TV money like the Premier League. For them no fans in stadium is catastrophic.

who is going to buy them? None will hit the radar of the clubs funded by billionaires. So who is left?

We we’re lucky with Joe Hart that he would take a pay cut for first team action. I think the others will prioritise salary.

Just trying to work out, I believe for Europe we have one spot left IF we get rid of Aurier and sign Emerson?

Club Trained (4): Winks, Kane, Tanganga, Austin
Association Trained (4): Doherty, Dele, Sessegnon, Clarke
Foreign (16): Lloris, Reguilon, Romero, Hojbjerg, Sanchez, Son, Gil, Rodon, Dier, Lo Celso, Gollini, Bergwijn, Moura, Ndombele, Davies, Emerson

Under 21 (Don't have to be registered): Skipp, Scarlett

So that is a squad of 24, meaning we have to sell Aurier to get another player in (have put Austin in there as I think we will have to have 3 keepers in there just in case). Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Here's the Prem squad I think, bit roomier here

Homegrown (8): Doherty, Winks, Kane, Rodon, Dele. Tanganga, Davies, Austin
Foreign (13): Lloris, Reguilon, Romero, Hojbjerg, Sanchez, Son, Dier, Lo Celso, Gollini, Bergwijn, Lucas, Ndombele, Emerson

Under 21 (5): Gil, Sessegnon, Clarke, Skipp. Scarlett

Doherty is HG for PL but not for UEFA squads - reason being a loan in Scotland whilst he was at Wolves.

So we have 2 assoc trained platers and 17 overseas trained players.

The one spare space in association trained players may go to Alfie Devine who as he has only been at Spurs does not qualify as a List B u21 player. The other possibolities for that spare space probably Lavenier (LB/RB) and Omole (CB)

If we had a spare overseas trained player place I am pretty sure we could have found a player to buy, not so with an association trauned player

I notice the OS have updated the 1st team profiles but for some reason have not added Winks to the on loan list. I wonder if Bissouma might get the number 8 or is it too late?
When do we have to submit the new squad list to the EPL and UCL?
By the rules of the game it should be too late. He's made appearances wearing number 38 already so he should be locked down.

Obviously Ronaldo got number 7 after Cavani made games last year, but he is one of the leagues special boys.

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
Subject to change...

Some of our Academy players have also been assigned revised first team squad numbers ahead of the new campaign - the full list can be found below.

2021/22 Premier League squad numbers​

1 Hugo Lloris
2 Matt Doherty
3 Sergio Reguilon
4 Cristian Romero
5 Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
6 Davinson Sanchez
7 Heung-Min Son
8 Harry Winks
10 Harry Kane
11 Bryan Gil
14 Joe Rodon