2030 World Cup.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surprised nobody has mentioned this, 2030 will be the 100th anniversary of the World Cup, making Uruguay the natural host. They have already announced their intention to bid and it’ll be a Uruguay/Chile/Paraguay/Argentina bid. I’ll be shocked if that didn’t win, especially considering a European WC would have been more recent. Morocco also are bidding and would be a decent shot considering it would be 20 years since the last African WC by then. Pointless for anyone else to bid IMO.

I’m still salty we missed out for the 2022 WC cause I really think an Australian World Cup would be incredible (no bias i swear)
Finances could seriously fuck the S. American and Moroccan bids though.

I think the cost of hosting major sporting events like the World Cup and the Olympics has got to the point where only dictatorships can justify it really... Which means England in 2030 will still be in running lol etc.!

Surprised nobody has mentioned this, 2030 will be the 100th anniversary of the World Cup, making Uruguay the natural host. They have already announced their intention to bid and it’ll be a Uruguay/Chile/Paraguay/Argentina bid. I’ll be shocked if that didn’t win, especially considering a European WC would have been more recent. Morocco also are bidding and would be a decent shot considering it would be 20 years since the last African WC by then. Pointless for anyone else to bid IMO.

I’m still salty we missed out for the 2022 WC cause I really think an Australian World Cup would be incredible (no bias i swear)
I think FIFA are more interested in £$¥€ than sentiment.

I think FIFA are more interested in £$¥€ than sentiment.
I do agree but that bid will also have the whole of CONMEBOL and CONCACAF behind it, lot more countries to bribe from! Whereas I wouldn't say England are UEFA's favourites. The whole 'hundredth anniversary the WC comes back to where it started' thing will also get a lot of people to travel there IMO.

As far as I know, there's only 2 stadiums capable of holding big games in Ireland, and one of them is dependent on the gaa.
Croke Park and The Aviva.

Even at that Croke Park might have problems with Hill 16, unless they put in temporary seating.

There will be riots if a football is ever kicked at Croke Park. FFS everyone was up in arms when they played rugby there because its too "English".

There are plenty of other stadia available. None however with a daily bus service.
:mourlmao:

There will be riots if a football is ever kicked at Croke Park. FFS everyone was up in arms when they played rugby there because its too "English".

There are plenty of other stadia available. None however with a daily bus service.
:mourlmao:
Well, they did play there previously when the Aviva was being rebuilt, but yeah I get your point

I wouldn’t trust Johnson with organising anything to do with that after the clock up he made with awarding the Olympic stadium to West Ham and involving us or his lack of help with our stadium.

Back
Top Bottom