/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, no. Its one of the better excuses.

Certainly better than thinking the squad isn't good enough or the players are shit. That one's hilarious.
The players aren't shit, but the squad does have serious flaws that need to be addressed.

It's just unbelievable how modern fans & media turn on the manager so fast, yet never seem to blame the underperforming players.

The players aren't shit, but the squad does have serious flaws that need to be addressed.

It's just unbelievable how modern fans & media turn on the manager so fast, yet never seem to blame the underperforming players.
To be fair some of the players actually are shit. The doherty, davies, sanchez, dier and aging toby are obviously not good enough for top 4. Anyone thinking otherwise is delusional. Just because Sanchez had one decent game everyone starts thinking now this Toby and Sanchez works together. When they inevitably fuck up again when the opposite attackers arent rubbish, everyone will say how bad they are. Knee jerk after knee jerk.

You cant count the half season when mourinho arrived. That season was already ruined through Pochs terrible preseasonswhere he broke the players and got the shit results to get sacked.

You can't count the first season because he came in after it already started, you can't count this season there a full offseason, you can't count next season because he already would have been here before so takes time for him to fix all the mistakes he did previously.

Excuse, excuse, excuse.

Maybe by 2035 we will be able to finally judge Jose on the results/football he gets here.

You can't count the first season because he came in after it already started, you can't count this season there a full offseason, you can't count next season because he already would have been here before so takes time for him to fix all the mistakes he did previously.

Excuse, excuse, excuse.

Maybe by 2035 we will be able to finally judge Jose on the results/football he gets here.
No you dumbo, you can obviously count this season.

Excuse, excuse, excuse.

No one said we can't count this season or subsequent ones to judge Jose. Straw man after straw man.

To be fair some of the players actually are shit. The doherty, davies, sanchez, dier and aging toby are obviously not good enough for top 4. Anyone thinking otherwise is delusional. Just because Sanchez had one decent game everyone starts thinking now this Toby and Sanchez works together. When they inevitably fuck up again when the opposite attackers arent rubbish, everyone will say how bad they are. Knee jerk after knee jerk.
Yeah, Reguilon aside our defence our not top 7 quality.

Yeah, Reguilon aside our defence our not top 7 quality.
I have some faith in Aurier too even with his fuckups every 5th game as when it comes to pure 1 on 1 defending he wins the ball more than he loses. And there is hope for Tanganga and Rodon for the future, but who knows how they will turn out in the end. But the current main CBs and secondary fullbacks are so so bad. When Reggie or Aurier are injured it gets really bad really fast.

Depends on what you mean by that. Role of full backs these days is about supporting the attack as well as defending.
I would agree defensively his game needs some improvements, but I still think he's the second best LB in the league based on his attacking prowess.

What I mean is that he isn't our best defender.

Offensively, yes, he's probably the best we have. And he's a top 5 left back in the league.

But anyone who's watched Spurs this season will tell you Aurier has been our best defender. Though Reguilon has shown glimpses of how good he COULD be defensively.

Our first XI with everyone fit:

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Toby Reguilon
Ndombele Hojberg
Bale - Lo Celso - Son
Kane
That is good enough for top 4, even with the dodgy centre backs, but we have rarely, if ever, seen them play together.

Our issue is that we don't have enough quality in depth and as soon as you start turning to the likes of Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Doherty you are in trouble.

The top 4 will likely finish with City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Their backups are the likes of Laporte, Van de Beek, Pusilic, Keita and I could go on.

We need to address the mediocre squad fillers if we seriously want to challenge again.

His overall level has been good, but he does have the tendency to make massive errors.
There's no way to spin it, our defence needs investment this summer whoever the manager is.

Agreed it needs improving.

But I think its too simplistic to just blame individuals, even if some of the individuals aren't good enough.

We've seen average players from lesser teams look solid in a defensively sound system. And I refuse to believe these players, who have finished top four and won honours elsewhere are so bad as made out.

New CB's are definitely required and arguably a new RB now it looks like Aurier is off.

Lloris
Ndombele Hojberg
Bale - Lo Celso - Son
Kane
That is good enough for top 4, even with the dodgy centre backs, but we have rarely, if ever, seen them play together.

Our issue is that we don't have enough quality in depth and as soon as you start turning to the likes of Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Doherty you are in trouble.

Their backups are the likes of Laporte, Van de Beek, Pusilic, Keita and I could go on.

We need to address the mediocre squad fillers if we seriously want to challenge again.
Good post.

Europa League which is always Thursday nights means squad depth is even more important, especially now as we enter K/O stages.

I criticised Jose earlier in this thread for not playing Bale and Lo Celso enough, but fitness issues may have played a role in Jose using them sparingly even when 'healthy'.
I have a feeling Gio and Bale will not be used as much as possible, fitness aside, for the rest of the season. We need squad players such as Alli and Bergiwjn to step up if we are to compete for both top 4 and Europa.

Agreed it needs improving.

But I think its too simplistic to just blame individuals, even if some of the individuals aren't good enough.

We've seen average players from lesser teams look solid in a defensively sound system. And I refuse to believe these players, who have finished top four and won honours elsewhere are so bad as made out.

New CB's are definitely required and arguably a new RB now it looks like Aurier is off.
Yeah but if anyone can build a solid defensively sound system it would be Jose, no?
Many of our goals are individual errors, which is why it makes more sense to blame players rather than manager in general.

Lloris
Ndombele Hojberg
Bale - Lo Celso - Son
Kane

Pretty much this.

Our team is absolutely good enough for top 4 - but the depth is what separates it from being a top 2 side and competing.

We have a better starting eleven (when fit) than 4 of the 7 teams above us currently.

Back
Top Bottom