A New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The good thing about school caps was that, once debobblised, they were left with a fierce metal spike protruding from the top, which had weapon potential.
We had to wear a beret, and the first thing to do was to get rid of the little tuft on top. We used to hate wearing them, as soon as we were out of sight of the teachers, off they came and into our bags until the next morning.

The good thing about school caps was that, once debobblised, they were left with a fierce metal spike protruding from the top, which had weapon potential.

Finding weapon potential in otherwise innocuous items? .....Yep that sounds just like school to me.

The lack of casualties was frankly amazing, all things considered......

When your 'softest' teacher presides over chemistry class you know you're in trouble.

In spite of the watery coat of gloss that this place has been given recently, it's still pretty unvarnished. That's why it can be a bit addictive.
TV and internet news outlets give you one side of the argument or the other, or they may be 'balanced', but all of them are sanitised and often dull. TFC, however, provides access to many areas of news etc, with all shades of opinion being expressed, much of it well-informed, some of it not, and much of it very raw and unfiltered. Although this leads to conflict, this level of freedom of speech is to be cherished, because it is informative and educationally highly valuable.
Although the recent steps taken to curb extreme personal abuse and libellous posts are good, the rules are about right now. Thankfully the changes haven't dulled the debate and humour that make TFC tick.

Has anyone ever done a thesis on this den of vipers?

...oh and you get a bit of Spurs too.

In spite of the watery coat of gloss that this place has been given recently, it's still pretty unvarnished. That's why it can be a bit addictive.
TV and internet news outlets give you one side of the argument or the other, or they may be 'balanced', but all of them are sanitised and often dull. TFC, however, provides access to many areas of news etc, with all shades of opinion being expressed, much of it well-informed, some of it not, and much of it very raw and unfiltered. Although this leads to conflict, this level of freedom of speech is to be cherished, because it is informative and educationally highly valuable.
Although the recent steps taken to curb extreme personal abuse and libellous posts are good, the rules are about right now. Thankfully the changes haven't dulled the debate and humour that make TFC tick.

haters gonna hate didnt read GIF

Every silver lining has a cloud...

I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with WB.

Warning Buttons - at the bottom of posts made by ArcspacE ArcspacE and Samisspurs Samisspurs , in the racism thread. Looks like they're attached to specific posts.

After nearly falling foul of the trolls, put another 4 on ignore today (22 now in total).

I wish I had used this properly before. Life is so much better on here when you don't see the nonsense.

Admin Admin

Does a New World need new emojis? This one is an 80px png on a transparent background. Don't know if it's emotive enough?

uvpMU75.png

I can do more, if you like.

Back
Top Bottom