A Proper Harry Kane Poll, with no silly options.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support Kane going on strike ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
If he goes back on there being a gentlemens agreement about selling him for market value this summer. Now it depends on how people define market value.

Comparison with other striker of similar age being sold right now? I guess we can compare to Lukaku (same age) bids from Chelsea. Inter have rejected those bids so that doesnt show a 'market value' yet.

Or how many bids have come in for kane to know what the market values him at?If one is for 120m and another for 130m then id say the market values him at 125m on average.
So Levy is right not to let him go for £100m then...

how do you know any of that is true?
Do you work there?

Levy doesn't pick the team, or choose tactics, so the last one is not true, how can you possibly say he micromanages things, you would have to be an employee who gets constantly corrected/over ridden by him to say that, and I would say that Levy is really good leader - just not one who wants to spend time appeasing fans by spunking the company profits on transfers and inflated salaries. The companies valuation is a monument to his business acumen and leadership.

The club is incredibly well run as a business, they just don't sink enough of the proceeds into the team to make fans happy.

Apart from the fans who are accountants, who love a good balance sheet.

Levy's biggest failures
- not listening to Pochettino and backing him with quality player replacements.
- Constantly trying to squeeze the last drop out of transfer negotiations, and screwing them up.
- Hiring Mourinho who made my eyes bleed

the last one is personal
No, don’t know it to be true but I’ve worked in business long enough to spot a poor leader. He’s a good accountant for sure, but he’s a one dimensional businessman and his objectives a blurred - they certainly don’t prioritise winning like City, Liverpool and Chelsea

Most players don’t go on strike so I can’t see the comparison
It was a general comment on players . I know Townsend went to Everton on a free as he was no longer wanted. With Kane , I think what he’s doing is disgraceful but if we are honest to ourselves, we all knew this would happen . It would be interesting to know what was the straw that broke the camels back. Was there a gentleman’s agreement ? Was it the underwhelming appointment of Nuno ( I hope he does well btw)? The sacking of Jose ? The lack of ambition by eNiC?

It was a general comment on players . I know Townsend went to Everton on a free as he was no longer wanted. With Kane , I think what he’s doing is disgraceful but if we are honest to ourselves, we all knew this would happen . It would be interesting to know what was the straw that broke the camels back. Was there a gentleman’s agreement ? Was it the underwhelming appointment of Nuno ( I hope he does well btw)? The sacking of Jose ? The lack of ambition by eNiC?
I think what made Kane’s mind up was Levy sacking Jose on the eve of a cup final which I would agree with
Ridiculous decision imv

Apparently Kane got on well with Jose and wasn’t happy at the sacking or it’s timing and again I agree with him

So he should have submitted a transfer request after the Euros imv stating the reasons why and most of us would have sympathised including me
Instead we got the Neville interview

So this present situation is one he’s engineered no doubt with some advice from City and I think it’s disrespectful to the club and fans

He will regret it if he already hasn’t done so

I think what made Kane’s mind up was Levy sacking Jose on the eve of a cup final which I would agree with
Ridiculous decision imv

Apparently Kane got on well with Jose and wasn’t happy at the sacking or it’s timing and again I agree with him

So he should have submitted a transfer request after the Euros imv stating the reasons why and most of us would have sympathised including me
Instead we got the Neville interview

So this present situation is one he’s engineered no doubt with some advice from City and I think it’s disrespectful to the club and fans

He will regret it if he already hasn’t done so
I think you’re right with the Jose thing , other things too but that turned him

Don’t most players leave before their contract expires? Very few seem to run their contracts down
At the top end, yes more get sold than run down the contract. The exception is late in their career where 1-2 year deals are the norm I e. Joe Hart, Michel Vorm.

In lower leagues it's very common to have short contracts and for teams to sign free agents.

You sign a contract, you honor it. End of.

90m quid contract.....and he feels hard done by?

He's hardly the first player to not honour a contract. Contracts mean very little these days other than certain clauses that are sometimes within them. It gives clubs more wiggle room when a player is under contract obviously but player power will always prevail over any contract at the end of the day.

Lets face it as a club we are a shambles, we had regular top 4 almost guaranteed and a regular place in the champions league at our mercy, we have a fantastic stadium, then it started to go wrong, we failed to qualify for the CL, we are in debt, we let a fantastic manager leave in poch, even with Harry we will struggle to be top 4 this season, Manu, city, liverpool and chelsea will all be above us, we will be battling with leicester, woolwich, everton, spam and villa for minor european spots, we are now going to have to rebuild, Harry is 28 5 good years in him, he wants to win things, he wont do it with us in the next 2 years the clock is ticking,
Harry will be gone let him go for the right price and rebuild.

It would be interesting to know what was the straw that broke the camels back. Was there a gentleman’s agreement ? Was it the underwhelming appointment of Nuno ( I hope he does well btw)? The sacking of Jose ? The lack of ambition by eNiC?
Probably all 4. But especially number 4

Lets face it as a club we are a shambles, we had regular top 4 almost guaranteed and a regular place in the champions league at our mercy, we have a fantastic stadium, then it started to go wrong, we failed to qualify for the CL, we are in debt, we let a fantastic manager leave in poch, even with Harry we will struggle to be top 4 this season, Manu, city, liverpool and chelsea will all be above us, we will be battling with leicester, woolwich, everton, spam and villa for minor european spots, we are now going to have to rebuild, Harry is 28 5 good years in him, he wants to win things, he wont do it with us in the next 2 years the clock is ticking,
Harry will be gone let him go for the right price and rebuild.
The right price being above £150m 👍🏾

No, don’t know it to be true but I’ve worked in business long enough to spot a poor leader. He’s a good accountant for sure, but he’s a one dimensional businessman and his objectives a blurred - they certainly don’t prioritise winning like City, Liverpool and Chelsea
Because that isn't his priority

His priority is to make money for their investors

He can do that without making the team win the league every year - because to do that, you have to piss away the profits - or not care if there is one.

Because that is what Genial Joe wants - money in the bank, football trophies just attract footballers that want more money and cost more to get there.

Taking that approach doesn't make Levy a poor leader, it just makes you and me sad, because we want him to reinvest everything into the team, win trophies and not get into Barcelona and Real Madrid levels of debt.

When Joe pops his clogs, maybe things will change.

Maybe they wont

If you class making Citeh pay £100m for Grealish as "letting Grealish go", then yes they are letting him go...:harrysmile:
They accepted the bid and everyone is happy.
Ergo, he turns up to work.

We decline the bid, Kane is unhappy, as a reaction to that, he fails to show up for work.

Saying "Grealish isn't kicking off, so why is Kane" is like saying "why are hot potatoes hot but cold one's aren't?"

They accepted the bid and everyone is happy.
Ergo, he turns up to work.

We decline the bid, Kane is unhappy, as a reaction to that, he fails to show up for work.

Saying "Grealish isn't kicking off, so why is Kane" is like saying "why are hot potatoes hot but cold one's aren't?"
But he’s supposed to be isolating

Isn’t he?

An example as to how transfers can be and should be carried out

I would hope that those who think ManCity and Kane acted otherise would delete their accounts from TFC and agree they are not Spurs fans.

Its a sad issue when even Chelsea show up how transfers should be carried out to the crap side of TFC - and yes we are looking at ArcspacE ArcspacE and anyone voting yes who clearly are not Spurs fans

He could have gone on internal strike, said his tendons are sore n got massages.

£110m + Laporte works for me, or £160m

Empires are built on less (Liverpool’s resurgence etc)

Back
Top Bottom