A Proper Harry Kane Poll, with no silly options.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support Kane going on strike ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kane is in the top 5 strikers in the world, he scores goals season after season in the best league in the world.
He is elite levels and therefore should have an elite price tag.

When people talk about players like Zaha being worth £80m in this hyper inflated market, Kane is easily worth the £150m

And we are being done rough and dirty by City if we sell for anything less than that.

Zaha has never been worth 80m and that's why he's still at Palace.
He went to United for far less, failed and went back with his tail between his legs.

What Kane needs to do to help move this on and be the bigger man, is to submit an official transfer request forgoing any bonus he's entitled to.
If he also continues to not report back he needs to accept he won't be paid.

Are we going to ban the 9.8%? Clearly not spurs fans

I think most of them just want to see the back of ENIC to be fair to them, even if that means we sell Kane for tuppence and an ice lolly.
If it hastens ENIC's exit I reckon they would be on board. I would also like to see the back of ENIC I just happen to think that Kane is taking us for mugs.
It takes two to tango, and Kane knows the value we have placed on him and he knows City won't match it.
So he's acting the cunt.

So sad so see but nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to modern football.

Apart from why I keep coming back, must be a sucker for punishment.

I think most of them just want to see the back of ENIC to be fair to them, even if that means we sell Kane for tuppence and an ice lolly.
If it hastens ENIC's exit I reckon they would be on board. I would also like to see the back of ENIC I just happen to think that Kane is taking us for mugs.
It takes two to tango, and Kane knows the value we have placed on him and he knows City won't match it.
So he's acting the cunt.

So sad so see but nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to modern football.

Apart from why I keep coming back, must be a sucker for punishment.
As long as Joe Lewis is alive, ENIC will continue to run the club
It's not Levy or ENIC, they are doing what Lewis wants, because the club makes money for him.

Why? the 'gentleman's agreement' says market value - that's somewhere between 130 and 180m - so let the buyers make an offer, that's how buying a player works.

how do you know what it says? What dickhead keeps it as open ended as that when one party is a renowned dickhead

why didn’t they define market value

how do you know what it says? What dickhead keeps it as open ended as that when one party is a renowned dickhead

why didn’t they define market value
Why didn't Kane's agent have it put in the contract? answer because he's an idiot .... you can't know what a verbal agreement says (clue is in the name) because it's not written down, both sides will no doubt have their own version of what was said ....

I'm one of them.
I'd be the rest all feel the same way as me - that we're in this predicament because Kane has figured out what us fans have - that we're being held back on purpose.
Maybe so, but the club being forced to accept an offer clearly under the market value will hold back the club even more.

I don't back anyone who has been on the receiving end of such support and adulation from us fans sticking two fingers up at us in this way, regardless of how the club is being run.

Don't pay him for the days he doesn't turn up, give his wages to charity and if he wants to continue this into the season we can just bench him.

Ban someone for not agreeing with you? Go join spurs community.

This saga has confirmed the number of insane spurs supporters with an inferiority complex.
An inferiority complex? For thinking my.clubs players shouldn't refuse to train when no suitable offer has come in?

You either don't understand what you said or greatly misunderstood what I said

Levy is far more hands on and more of a hindrance than old bastard Joe
not sure what point you are trying to make.

Levy is running the club under Lewis' direction.

If he started lashing out on galactico's and big salaries, Lewis will put someone in who does what he's told.

We are all fans and want the club to compete and win things

But we are competing against 2 clubs with bottomless reservoirs of money, and another 2 clubs with a management system that recognises that to make more money, there has to be a degree of on field success - and those 2 clubs have a bigger revenue stream than we do.

Tell me why we are the 8th (?) most financially viable in world football, despite having won feck all since Pontious was a Pilot?
It's because Levy knows how to get blood out of a stone, so yes he is more hands on - because that's his bloody job! He works for Lewis who sits in the Bahamas watching his bank account get bigger.

Take a look at these lists (last 20 years)
Premier League Winners by Year | My Football Facts (1 anomaly)
List of EFL Cup finals - Wikipedia (5 anomalies)
FA Cup Winner List (3 anomalies)

so with the exception of 9 occasions in the last 20 years the winners have all come from MUFC,LFC, CFC and MCFC and AFC

we are one of the exceptions

We rank 6th in the English leagues for most titles/cups won, behind the 5 above

Nothing will change until we either get a sheikh, or a mandate is issued that all clubs have to have UK owners, and that only money earned by the clubs can be used to pay salaries and transfers

This is football now

ENIC are going nowhere, until the club is sold and Lewis is no longer part of its ownership.

At that point we need a sheikh - or we will be consigned to also ran status.

Yes I do, because the biggest cunt at Spurs is Levy. This is a Kane Vs Levy thing, not Kane Vs Spurs or Kane Vs the fans.

Maybe if we had a decent chairman who was genuinely ambitious and genuinely caring about players ambitions I'd think Kane was unreasonable.
But Levy is none of that. He doesn't care that a player of Kanes calibre deserves many medals, he doesn't care that Kane has given this club absolutely everything, breaking record after record and despite playing through pain, has been let down by Levy every year. And we're now on the cusp of dropping back to mid table mediocrity again.

The only way he will get out now is to be a total cunt about it so go for it.

You can be anti Levy and still be disgusted with Kane. Grow up

I'm suggesting there is always a deal.
We can value him at whatever we want but whatever they offer now is the most we will ever get for him. His value will go down as his contract winds down and that depreciation will accelerate if he stops performing.
We'll just have a useless striker earning a huge salary with no benefit to the club.

What could the deal be?
How about £100m up front not in installments?
How about a legally binding contract that stops them from signing anymore of our players for a min of 5 years?
How about a first option at a discounted rate for any players they are willing to sell for the next 5 years?
How about they buy another airline with a blue logo and sponsor our shirts a vast amount of money...
There are many ways to make the deal work for everyone.
You’re a gooner maggot confirmed. Don’t ever post here again, Judas

Back
Top Bottom