A trip to the Seaside - Southampton Away, 19/12/15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First 20 I feared the worst for us as Southampton started pretty strong, fortunately after the first goal and the quick second it was all over and we controlled the game second half. The best thing about this game is we took the lead but we didn't get too sloppy and let Southampton back into it... shows they've learnt from the Newcastle match

For me it was a completely different beast to the Newcastle game. Southampton came out looking like they thought they had a good chance of winning. I think it threw us a bit and put us on the back foot.

We where uncharacteristically sloppy with and without the ball. Maybe a coincidence of the last two games but teams seem to be trying to match us physically now. Maybe we are looking a bit jaded.

Luckily, as I said before, they left themselves so open and defended so abysmally that we where always going to score. No where near as difficult to break down as Newcastle where. The defending for Allis goal was comical.

We looked better In the second half but I think they where already broken by then.

Still, chances where taken well, and utd continue to be shit. So COYS!

Alan Sugars old Amstrad depot I'm afraid!

:pochserious:
71161commodore-64.system.jpg

For me it was a completely different beast to the Newcastle game. Southampton came out looking like they thought they had a good chance of winning. I think it threw us a bit and put us on the back foot.

We where uncharacteristically sloppy with and without the ball. Maybe a coincidence of the last two games but teams seem to be trying to match us physically now. Maybe we are looking a bit jaded.

Luckily, as I said before, they left themselves so open and defended so abysmally that we where always going to score. No where near as difficult to break down as Newcastle where. The defending for Allis goal was comical.

We looked better In the second half but I think they where already broken by then.

Still, chances where taken well, and utd continue to be shit. So COYS!

My mates a villa fan and he got us corporate jollies at southampton couple of weeks back and they did exactly the same thing - came out 1st half like a whirlwind and should have had a hatful in the first 10 mins but once villa had weathered the storm the intensity dropped and they were pretty much pants for the rest of the match. Villa deserved the draw in the end.

Great photo of our HK scoring:

smc11.jpg

So proud of our lads again.

If we can win our next two games against Watford & Norwich, we will be right in the mix for the top places and hopefully ahead of those cunts in red.

COYS!!

Again...I thought that Walker was really effective going forward, but I thought that defensively he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Not sure that I agree w/ the running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Walker's positioning is never ideal, but he usually is able to make up for it via his tremendous pace. Either way, a clean sheet today at Southampton which he obviously played a contributing role.

Great photo of our HK scoring:

smc11.jpg

So proud of our lads again.

If we can win our next two games against Watford & Norwich, we will be right in the mix for the top places and hopefully ahead of those cunts in red.

COYS!!
at the beginning of the season a dog would have run on & blocked his shot on the line.

calm down kafka. i just disagree that there keeper made lots of great saves. thats all i was saying.

dont take it out on me because u realise your bet for us to win the title was foolish.

Well, that wasn't me. I don't have that bet.

Guido, who you were replying to, didn't say lots of great saves either, so....

Btw, did you remember to ask Santa for a keyboard with a working shift key?

Well, that wasn't me. I don't have that bet.

Guido, who you were replying to, didn't say lots of great saves either, so....

Btw, did you remember to ask Santa for a keyboard with a working shift key?
who cares. we won! pointless argument anyway.

& it wasn't me who said I expect us to murder every team we play. u made that part up yourself.
so we both got some things confused. nevermind.

I asked santa to give u the ability to not care so much about things that really don't matter.
much more bigger & important things going on!

merry xmas.

Again...I thought that Walker was really effective going forward, but I thought that defensively he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

I agree that Walker's pace generally makes up for his lack of positional awareness, but what most people fail to to acknowledge is that there are much better left sided offensive players in the league than right. Walker therefore usually gets the tougher match up's.

Back
Top Bottom