Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think whether he breaks down teams is a toss up tbh, and that's the issue with Adama. It's a coin toss whether he will be unplayable or a hinderance. Sometimes you bring him on late vs a team sitting comfortably and he drags their defence out of position, gives you loads of width and unsettles players. Other times he is the most frustrating player on the planet .. it's why I see him as a useful wildcard type player and why I thought the move for him on a relatively cheap deal was smart.

Now I do think it's probably time to move on. Seems he wasn't overly keen on a WB role and the front 3 is set.

Not sure what you mean by the front 3 being set as I'm personnel or Conte's preference?

Either way nothing should ever be inflexible so for me the question would be could Traore add value to team - I think not. Squad at present - then it would be for one of Bergwijn (who is going to leave for sure) or Moura. In that case it's a maybe.

Personally I think we look elsewhere.

In the league he's only started 3 out of 7.

Same story at Wolves. Started 10 out of 21.

It's hardly a ringing endorsement. Barca were furious with Dembele for not signing a contract and signed Traore in the hop that they could sideline Dembele, but Dembele is so much better it's not worked out that way.

He’s started almost all their European games which are Barca’s only chance at a trophy, so it’s just simple rotation … one is preferred at the moment league wise the other in Europe. Neither are players you want to overplay so it fits well.

He’s been a very useful, effective player for Barcelona so far, so I’d say that’s a pretty strong endorsement of his talents.

In the league he's only started 3 out of 7.

Same story at Wolves. Started 10 out of 21.

It's hardly a ringing endorsement. Barca were furious with Dembele for not signing a contract and signed Traore in the hop that they could sideline Dembele, but Dembele is so much better it's not worked out that way.
Dembele is an exceptional talent when fit but he actually was sidelined for most of the time traore's been there. Except recently when he got a few assists , so he's started a few games again. At their best anyone would pick dembele over traore. Wouldnt mind having him here.

Oh thats because you are literally wrong about those numbers.

Barcelona have played 11 games since he went there and hes started 7 and played as a sub 3 times. So been involved in 10 out of 11 games with a total of 533 minutes. Also got Motm against the likes of AthleticoMadrid and Napoli.
I had the data set on the domestic tab and didn't realise. However, he's only completed one full game of football from those games.

I'm sure he'll be determined to make his loan work and he might achieve this, his links to the Club having come through La Masia actually give him a better chance than his ability does as Xavi (and Cryuff who's now the Sporting Director) is going back to his basics focussing on the principles that were imprinted upon him and the others of his generation that came through La Masia.

But the fact it's a loan and they are £1.3b in debt and there's a salary cap in place (Barca's is set at MINUS €144m !!) and because of FFP they can only effectively spend €1 in €4 they save, the bottom line here is he's there because on the financials rather than his ability. They are forced to continue with this model of signing players on free transfers and loans than buy (only when it's a no brainer like Torres deal in Jan they did, where the player is actively pushing for a move and isn't looking massive wages can they get it done but this also means other players have to be on loans).

Traore's contract expires in June I think, so here he becomes attractive as they can get him on a free but this also hinges on getting players like Coutinho off their books for example who is on £300k pw salary (Villa paying less than half).

I had the data set on the domestic tab and didn't realise. However, he's only completed one full game of football from those games.

I'm sure he'll be determined to make his loan work and he might achieve this, his links to the Club having come through La Masia actually give him a better chance than his ability does as Xavi (and Cryuff who's now the Sporting Director) is going back to his basics focussing on the principles that were imprinted upon him and the others of his generation that came through La Masia.

But the fact it's a loan and they are £1.3b in debt and there's a salary cap in place (Barca's is set at MINUS €144m !!) and because of FFP they can only effectively spend €1 in €4 they save, the bottom line here is he's there because on the financials rather than his ability. They are forced to continue with this model of signing players on free transfers and loans than buy (only when it's a no brainer like Torres deal in Jan they did, where the player is actively pushing for a move and isn't looking massive wages can they get it done but this also means other players have to be on loans).

Traore's contract expires in June I think, so here he becomes attractive as they can get him on a free but this also hinges on getting players like Coutinho off their books for example who is on £300k pw salary (Villa paying less than half).

His Wolves deal expires Jun 2023.

This is like "the fox that couldn't get the grapes" over here. We can praise Kulusevski without slating on Adama simply because we didn't get him. Adama is a good player in his own right, and would be very good in certain games for us.

Ahh, that makes sense, saw on Transfermarket his contract expires June 22, that's obviously the Barca loan contract and why there's a lot of chatter about him being sold to Spurs or whoever.

I'm citing TFM too.

Look closer... That's the loan end date.... The 'ownership' contract date is stated below that.

This is like "the fox that couldn't get the grapes" over here. We can praise Kulusevski without slating on Adama simply because we didn't get him. Adama is a good player in his own right, and would be very good in certain games for us.

Kulu has nothing to do with it.

From the last 3 pages, most people are comparing him to just Kulu. The general message is "thank god we didn't get him because that made us get Kulu"...

That's simply not true.

Since the day we signed him, Kulu's name appears just twice in this thread and neither post makes the point.

That's simply not true.

Since the day we signed him, Kulu's name appears just twice in this thread and neither post makes the point.
Guido and Raum were having a debate including Kulu, apart from that most other posts have Kulu as a context even without mentioning him...

Guido and Raum were having a debate including Kulu, apart from that most other posts have Kulu as a context even without mentioning him...

Again, that's not true mate....

Guido: "we've signed Kuluveski who far superior player........ All of Kulusevski's numbers are way superior to Traore's."

ShutUpPatrik: "He needs too many touches on the ball to be effective, which would in turn rob Kulusevski of time on the ball."

That's literally it.

Again, that's not true mate....

Guido: "we've signed Kuluveski who far superior player........ All of Kulusevski's numbers are way superior to Traore's."

ShutUpPatrik: "He needs too many touches on the ball to be effective, which would in turn rob Kulusevski of time on the ball."

That's literally it.
I hate to do this because I don't like quoting other people...

"I don't see him unlocking deep lying defenses at all." That's an indirect comparison to Kulusevski who can unlock deep lying defenses much better.

"Now I do think it's probably time to move on. Seems he wasn't overly keen on a WB role and the front 3 is set." That's also kind of mentioning Kulu since Adama wouldn't replace Kane or Son.

And then steve agrees with the Kulu bit. Nothing wrong with it, I just gave my take on the matter, but saying that Kulu hasn't been mentioned when the entire argument is that "Adama is a flat track bully", which is the exact opposite of what Kulu is, is weird...

I hate to do this because I don't like quoting other people...

"I don't see him unlocking deep lying defenses at all." That's an indirect comparison to Kulusevski who can unlock deep lying defenses much better.

No it isn't........

"Now I do think it's probably time to move on. Seems he wasn't overly keen on a WB role and the front 3 is set." That's also kind of mentioning Kulu since Adama wouldn't replace Kane or Son.

Jeeeeeez.... Really?

These things have commonly been said before we even signed Kulu.

Your OG post made out that people were using Kulu to make Traore seem shit..... Nonsense.

And then steve agrees with the Kulu bit.

There is no "Kulu but" but above; just your imagination doing gymnastics.

Nothing wrong with it, I just gave my take on the matter, but saying that Kulu hasn't been mentioned when the entire argument is that "Adama is a flat track bully", which is the exact opposite of what Kulu is, is weird...

Again... Again, nothing tied to Kulu in that statement.

"Weird" is right; you're exhibiting some kind of complex here....... I cannot fathom why.

Nothing is being said of Traore that wouldn't have already been said 100 times before.

Again... Again, nothing tied to Kulu in that statement.
That's what opposites do, Kulu is brought in the conversation because he's the exact opposite of Adama, that's where the context comes from. As for the Steve comment, check it on the previous page.

I'm done debating this pointless stuff for absolutely 0 reason, when this is the Adama thread.

That's what opposites do, Kulu is brought in the conversation because he's the exact opposite of Adama, that's where the context comes from. As for the Steve comment, check it on the previous page.

Right, so if I say "Reguillon doesn't score enough"; that's an un-spoken reference to Hakimi being used to make Reg look worse even?

That's crazy talk.

A lot of people don't rate Traore; no Kulu required.

These are the following LWFs at Barca right now (while they have no left-footed WF). Of course, Dembélé's contract ends this summer, Traore is on loan and Depay will most probably be sold. Barca's priority is to extend Dembélé's contract and get Raphinha (Leeds) in and sign a top-class CF, both Haaland & Lewandowski being on their radar. If all 3 priorities are completed I doubt Barca will retain Traore - unless they turn him into a RB, as Barca are also in the market for a new RB....

Ousmane Dembélé
Ferran Torres
Ansu Fati
Ez Abde
Ferran Jutglà
Memphis Depay
Adama Traore

Back
Top Bottom