Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True although Vertoghen had interest from Barca in his prime with us but choose not to push away.

I think it's certainly possible for players to get attached the club if they're already here and we're doing well, but if it's us vs Barca in the transfer market and both clubs are offering the same money, then almost any player is choosing Barca.

And it's the same for almost any other club. Barcelona have the weather and the aura. Numerous players have taken big wage cuts to wear their shirt.

99.99% of footballers on the planet would choose Barcelona over us.
Yes but now they don’t want him. He could have come to us on a permanent transfer but chose a loan with Barca instead.

it like he chose the mistress over the wife, now the mistress doesn’t want him, do we have to open our legs and take him back?

besides, we don’t need a mindless thug sprinting down the touch line without any idea who he will pass to or how to cross. It won’t fit with our front 3 who are showing quite some finesse.

I think it's certainly possible for players to get attached the club if they're already here and we're doing well, but if it's us vs Barca in the transfer market and both clubs are offering the same money, then almost any player is choosing Barca.

And it's the same for almost any other club. Barcelona have the weather and the aura. Numerous players have taken big wage cuts to wear their shirt.
It's not just "the" Barca thing, it's his boyhood club. He came up through their academy and made his La Liga and CL debuts for them before he was sold to Wolves. Also, he didn't want to play WB and at Barca they said he was to play Wing.

It's just he's now not getting much of a look in, on the bench for Wolves now on the bench for Barca.

Let's hope we go nowhere near this fella, we've signed Kuluveski who far superior player, who in his first 9 matches has already double the number of assists he got combining this and the whole of last season (57 games) for Wolves, and double the number of goals he scored for the first half this season (he's only scored 3 fucking gaols in nearly 2 seasons).

All of Kulusevski's numbers are way superior to Traore's. This ship has well and truly sailed thank god!

It's not just "the" Barca thing, it's his boyhood club. He came up through their academy and made his La Liga and CL debuts for them before he was sold to Wolves. Also, he didn't want to play WB and at Barca they said he was to play Wing.

It's just he's now not getting much of a look in, on the bench for Wolves now on the bench for Barca.

Let's hope we go nowhere near this fella, we've signed Kuluveski who far superior player, who in his first 9 matches has already double the number of assists he got combining this and the whole of last season (57 games) for Wolves, and double the number of goals he scored for the first half this season (he's only scored 3 fucking gaols in nearly 2 seasons).

All of Kulusevski's numbers are way superior to Traore's. This ship has well and truly sailed thank god!

I wasn't specifically talking about Adama. Just in general, Barcelona are a more appealing option than us. That isn't a dig at the club, they're the most appealing club in world football to many players. Obviously Adama's own situation meant he was even more likely to prefer them, but there are plenty of others who have taken wage cuts or made sacrifices either to stay at Barca, or to join them. They're huge.

'On the bench for Barca' is a harsh statement given he's started most games when available, only in the last couple has he gone to the bench and that's because Ousmane Dembele has been making himself undroppable. Adama had a good few excellent La Liga games + in the EL so he's had a good start at Barcelona overall. He's never been a hugely productive player and I doubt Xavi signed him expecting lots of G+A.

But yes, Kulusevski has been a wonderful buy, and if it was either him or Adama we'd all choose Kulu. But as you say, it was WB that Conte had in mind for Adama, and I'd still be very interested to see if he could make that work. Seems unlikely now though.

Yes but now they don’t want him. He could have come to us on a permanent transfer but chose a loan with Barca instead.

it like he chose the mistress over the wife, now the mistress doesn’t want him, do we have to open our legs and take him back?

besides, we don’t need a mindless thug sprinting down the touch line without any idea who he will pass to or how to cross. It won’t fit with our front 3 who are showing quite some finesse.

Yeah I get that, I think this is one the club should probably move on from. But him choosing Barca instead doesn't bother me and I doubt it would bother the club much at all. They're arguably the biggest club in the world + loads of other factors at play with Adama.

I think if Conte still wanted him in a WB role and Adama came back willing to do it, the transfer would be worth looking in to. As a wide player I'm enjoying the balance we have and don't think he'd be needed other than if we sold Bergwijn.

I wasn't specifically talking about Adama. Just in general, Barcelona are a more appealing option than us. That isn't a dig at the club, they're the most appealing club in world football to many players. Obviously Adama's own situation meant he was even more likely to prefer them, but there are plenty of others who have taken wage cuts or made sacrifices either to stay at Barca, or to join them. They're huge.

'On the bench for Barca' is a harsh statement given he's started most games when available, only in the last couple has he gone to the bench and that's because Ousmane Dembele has been making himself undroppable. Adama had a good few excellent La Liga games + in the EL so he's had a good start at Barcelona overall. He's never been a hugely productive player and I doubt Xavi signed him expecting lots of G+A.

But yes, Kulusevski has been a wonderful buy, and if it was either him or Adama we'd all choose Kulu. But as you say, it was WB that Conte had in mind for Adama, and I'd still be very interested to see if he could make that work. Seems unlikely now though.

Sure, I wouldn't disagree with that at all (some players with a better management team around them though I think wouldn't have gone there when say Koeman was manager, might have been a poor individual career move given also what was happening to them as a club also) but sure Barca, Real Madrid etc has serious pulling power for any player in the world.

He's literally played ONE full 90mins since going to them and started just 3 games out of a possible 11 (just 268 mins played from a possible 11 games).

Sure, I wouldn't disagree with that at all (some players with a better management team around them though I think wouldn't have gone there when say Koeman was manager, might have been a poor individual career move given also what was happening to them as a club also) but sure Barca, Real Madrid etc has serious pulling power for any player in the world.

He's literally played ONE full 90mins since going to them and started just 3 games out of a possible 11 (just 268 mins played from a possible 11 games).

He's started 6 games including European matches from what I can see. No surprise he isn't clocking up high amounts minutes wise, he's a player heavily reliant on explosive speed, once he tires his effectiveness drops off massively. You either use him as an impact sub or you start him but sub him out with 20/30 minutes to go. Dembele replaced him in the pecking order of late but that's no real surprise, when fit and in form he's one of the most dangerous wide players in the world.

I think what he's been so far is what he could've been for us. A useful string to Barca's bow. For us the versatility of being able to use him at WB would've been an extra positive. I do think that role would've been tough on him stamina wise though, but if we were struggling to break a team down? Adama on at WB could've been a really useful option.

Can’t abide the tucked in shirt look he rocks. It’s so 1998 and makes his legs look really long.

It’s a no from me.
That settles it then but seriously if Conte wants him it must mean that he thinks that he can do a job for us so let’s see what he thinks and back him

I'd personally pass on him.

He needs too many touches on the ball to be effective, which would in turn rob Kulusevski of time on the ball.

I don't see how he fits.
Conte would work on his game.

All those times we've had teams sit and block up, we could have done with this guy attracting 2/3 at a time, disrupting and disturbing their structure, creating holes for others to slip into.

Great tool to have.

Back
Top Bottom