Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like the idea of a 343 with lucas and traore on the rightside and both taking turns to run at their opposite fullback and complete tire him out. Probably wont work in practice...

nATuCij.png

Until Son and Romero are back.

:levywhoa:
Where's Doherty I can't see Doherty somethings wrong!!!

nATuCij.png

Until Son and Romero are back.

:levywhoa:

To me this just illustrates how urgently we need midfielders.

It's clear Lo Celso & NDombele are deadweight but they expensively occupy two vital positions.

Unfortunately Levy has never understood sunk cost fallacy and will hold on to them for years until he gets the price he wants whilst we decline

To me this just illustrates how urgently we need midfielders.

It's clear Lo Celso & NDombele are deadweight but they expensively occupy two vital positions.

Unfortunately Levy has never understood sunk cost fallacy and will hold on to them for years until he gets the price he wants whilst we decline
This is my gripe. Cut your losses, free up some wages and get some talent in who can actually be arsed. It’s embarrassing that we wasted so much money on these two, but it’s even more embarrassing that Levy can’t seem to acknowledge that they aren’t going to cut it in this league so sell and chalk it down to experience. Oh, & sack the scouting team while he’s at it

This is my gripe. Cut your losses, free up some wages and get some talent in who can actually be arsed. It’s embarrassing that we wasted so much money on these two, but it’s even more embarrassing that Levy can’t seem to acknowledge that they aren’t going to cut it in this league so sell and chalk it down to experience. Oh, & sack the scouting team while he’s at it
In Levy's defense on Ndombele, it does sound like we have tried moving him recently but nobody will take him. If rumors are true, we have offered him in swap deals recently but teams are declining.

In Levy's defense on Ndombele, it does sound like we have tried moving him recently but nobody will take him. If rumors are true, we have offered him in swap deals recently but teams are declining.
We’re stuck with his huge wages. It was a cock up but I guess nobody foresaw just how lazy/unprofessional he was going to turn out.
Surely we could fuck him back off to France somehow though? Even subsidising his wages (which I bet Levy gets a bit of sick in his throat at the thought of)

We’re stuck with his huge wages. It was a cock up but I guess nobody foresaw just how lazy/unprofessional he was going to turn out.
Surely we could fuck him back off to France somehow though? Even subsidising his wages (which I bet Levy gets a bit of sick in his throat at the thought of)
It's a bad transfer for sure but like you said, nobody could have guessed he would turn out like this. I did not know a lot about him when we signed him but from everything I read/watched, it seemed him being a very average midfielder was the worst expectation. Him being completely useless was a major surprise.

I've no idea of the average french wage outside of PSG, but considering TN has 42 months left on a £10m p/a deal we effectively still owe him £35m.....

Let's say we can farm him out to X French team ; even 50kpw sounds like a lot for them to afford and still leaves us with 3/4s of his contract to cover. This = £26.5m to pay even if we managed to bin him off on a free.

Fucking mess. :(

Guillem Balague

@GuillemBalague

Adama
🤯
I can't remember in recent times a debutant player that in half hour had affected a game so much (assist on the second) and had forced a team to change positions of rivals -Carrasco moved to the left to help Koke and specially Mario Hermoso to try to stop him!!

Adama Traore insists it was always his 'intention' to return to Barcelona in January despite Tottenham interest, as the winger says his decision to swap Wolves for the Nou Camp was 'made quickly' after learning of interest from his former club​

• Adama Traore returned to Barcelona in January at the end of the transfer window
  • The winger has returned to his former club from Wolves, initially on a loan deal
  • The Spain international had interest from Tottenham, but turned them down

Adama Traore insists there was only one offer he intended on accepting in January as sealed his return to Barcelona.

The Wolves winger has returned to the Nou Camp, where he spent the formative years of his career in the club's La Masia academy, on an initial loan deal with a view to the move becoming permanent in the summer.

Tottenham had expressed a serious interest in keeping the forward in the Premier League, and even had an offer accepted by their fellow top-flight outfit.

However, Traore has said that there was only ever one destination in his mind from when he heard his former club were back in for him.

'I knew that my intention was always to come back, but sometimes you have to take different paths,' Traore told Cope.

'The most important thing is that the objective was clear and I have arrived here, which was what I wanted from the first moment.

'I always discuss important decisions with my family, who always accompany me in good and bad times. But in this case it was quite clear to me.

'Barcelona is my home and I wanted to return. I had all the support of my family. They called me and informed me of the opportunity to return and I made the decision quickly.

'Now I've had the experience of English football but without leaving behind everything I've learned here since I was little in La Masia. Everything has given me experience and helped me grow.'

Traore's move to Barcelona signalled a disappointing window for Spurs, who missed out on a couple of top targets in January.

Alongside Traore, Antonio Conte also missed out on Luis Diaz, who joined Liverpool.

Speaking on the north London club's inability to land his son, Luis Manuel Diaz said: 'They hesitated a lot and let themselves be caught by Liverpool. Liverpool were faster than them, they needed him and they took him away.'

The Adama Traoré saga may not be over yet... as Barca has already contacted Raphinha's agent (Deco) regarding a transfer...

...while trying to keep Ousmane Dembele (in the last month or so he's finally started to show his class again)....

Transfer News: Tottenham could have second shot at landing 26-year-old Spanish star​

March 23, 2022
By
Rijo Sam Daniel

Tottenham handed Adama Traore transfer boost ahead of summer transfer window​

According to the Spanish news outlet Sport (h/t The Express), Tottenham Hotspur have received a boost as Adama Traore may not stay at Barcelona beyond the 2022 summer transfer window. The English club had tried to sign him in January, but they ended up being piped by the Spanish side.
Barca had signed Traore on an initial long deal which would see him stay at Camp Nou until the end of this season. They have the option to permanently sign him for a fee of around £25million, but it seems that they will not trigger the clause after all. That is because of the bleak financial crisis that has unravelled at the club, causing them to take this stance.

The Catalans want to keep hold of the Spaniard, but they do not want to part ways with such an amount. Much of their doubts is also down to Ousmane Dembele’s resurgence that forced Traore to fall down the pecking order. Dembele is out of contract this summer which means that the La Liga club can only afford to either renew his deal or activate the buy-option for the Wolverhampton Wanderers loanee. As such, Tottenham could be handed an advantage going by this update.

Second chance for Spurs?​

This news could potentially give us another shot at bringing the 26-year-old to N17. What makes things even better for us is that Xavi Hernandez’s side prefer to renew Dembele over permanently signing Traore. The Frenchman is still interested in staying at this current club if he can reach an agreement with his side over an extension.

Dembele had rejected several offers in the past, which does cause some concerns, but we are hopeful that his intentions, coupled with the Blaugrana side’s preference, could pave the way for us to receive a second chance at signing Traore. Antonio Conte is keen to bring the Wolves star to Spurs, with the North London side being long term admirers of the player as well.

Should Traore return to Molineux Stadium, the Wanderers could be forced to part ways with their loanee on a cut-price deal as he will enter the final year of his current contract. Since Conte had plans to use him as a right-wingback, we should back him by getting this deal over the line.

However, there are still some concerning outcomes that we need to be wary of right now. Traore’s agent Jorge Mendes is aware of the complications and is trying to solve the situation at this moment. One such possibility is for the Blaugrana side to include either Trincao, who is currently on loan with Bruno Lage’s side or Riqui Puig, who is keenly admired by the latter.

Now we have to play a waiting game to see how the situation surrounding Traore will develop in the coming months. With so many different possibilities that could occur in the future, it remains to be seen whether we will get a second chance at signing him or not.

Back
Top Bottom