Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are right actually. Spot on. I am hellbent to show up people like Cahspur and co who back stylish little players with little substance that have kept us out of the title race for over half a century.

It's why I back up people like Ade: He brings a lot to the team in most aspects of the game. He has a LOOOONG history of scoring. He's not a 1000 drops of the shoulder with a farting sound at the end of it.

And people like CJJ who thinks Jan will never be a top defender?

I can't, keep, my mouth, closed with this shower of uninformed shit following me around. I mean he was an AVB fan. After the fact he magically knew all along his weaknesses etc...

After.

The.

Fact.

You're such a parasite to this forum. It's the Adebayor thread and you're calling me out for something that wasn't said by me, about a player that has nothing to do with the conversation. Feel free to post what I said fully.

The reason why you think you're an expert and everyone else is so wrong, is because you don't actually read anything correctly.

The people who have to read your posts should be paid to do so, or you should appreciate the advice that people give you.

(awaits a response about how he predicted more than nostradamus and got banned wrongly from [insert forum here] for being so amazing....water carrying, soft spurs, tiny dancers etc.)

+1 for the GibbsyBin

You're such a parasite to this forum. It's the Adebayor thread and you're calling me out for something that wasn't said by me, about a player that has nothing to do with the conversation. Feel free to post what I said fully.

You literally said Jan could never be a top defender.

You are right actually. Spot on. I am hellbent to show up people like Cahspur and co who back stylish little players with little substance that have kept us out of the title race for over half a century.

It's why I back up people like Ade: He brings a lot to the team in most aspects of the game. He has a LOOOONG history of scoring. He's not a 1000 drops of the shoulder with a farting sound at the end of it.

I can't, keep, my mouth, closed with this shower of uninformed shit following me around. I mean he was an AVB fan. After the fact he magically knew all along his weaknesses etc...

After.

The.

Fact.
See, this is the perfect post to explain to you what I mean, and the fact that you have since been sin binned and will have to wait to read this probably supports what I am saying. I pretty much don't disagree with what you are saying here. But the method in which to say it is what is objected to.

I am not rubbing people up the wrong way.
Except that you are, and which is why, in a forum first, just about everyone is telling you they don't like you.

Anyhow. Enjoy the sin bin. I expect you will steal the forum trophy from Audere, Arctwat and Brigante in due course for most time spent in there.

After.

The.

Fact.

Uninformed?! You made an entire conclusion on a player upon seeing his height and goal count. You didn't even take the time to discover what position he played, much less even check out a highlight tape, yet you developed a strong opinion on the player! You are ignorance incarnate, and furthermore hypocrisy.

Last edited:
So what is it exactly he gets binned for? Is it the relentless spewing of nonsensical spam, his disrespect for any other poster here who disagrees with him, something said elsewhere, or any combination of the above?

So what is it exactly he gets binned for? Is it the relentless spewing of nonsensical spam, his disrespect for any other poster here who disagrees with him, something said elsewhere, or any combination of the above?

Perhaps for acting like the lowest of the lowest newspaper reporter style "look this person is so bad because I've managed to misquote them selectively". Absolutely no constructive reason for half the posts other than to try and ruffle feathers.

Reactionist - is this the right adjective?

"Gotta trust ole gibbsy"

I should have put that in the reason field actually but instead I put "tedious cunt".

Turning everything into "I know best, everyone else is a mindless sheep influenced by the media" etc. Basically dick waving from behind a keyboard and spamming the forum with bizarre ego fantasies. Seems like he needs a day or two in the real world, maybe speak to some people face to face where being such a nob isn't quite as easy.

"Gotta trust ole gibbsy"

I should have put that in the reason field actually but instead I put "tedious cunt".

Turning everything into "I know best, everyone else is a mindless sheep influenced by the media" etc. Basically dick waving from behind a keyboard and spamming the forum with bizarre ego fantasies. Seems like he needs a day or two in the real world, maybe speak to some people face to face where being such a nob isn't quite as easy.

I agree with all of this, and maybe he could use a bit of extended time in the sunshine. The vitamin D could probably do him some good.

But I still think you're giving him just a bit too much credit. If that guy actually manages to convince anyone he knows more about what Spurs need or football than he or she does, then that is a most unfortunate fate indeed. It is impossible to be as immovably averse to learning from others as he is and reach a state of knowledge that suggests he knows more than any given person.

All this arguing and everyone missed this very interesting interview! Come on people, put him on ignore and we'll have civilized discussion.

Anyway I think he said exactly what I was thinking when the ball went through the wall. I know him and Pauli both got slated for it but it happens and I do not doubt both sincerely regret it. Quite simply, shit happens and hopefully it'll all even itself out next season.

bottom line is that no one on the squad could find the goal if they tried before bringing Ade into the mix. Selling him would be idiotic. Do you really trust the scouts to bring in a suitable replacement? That was their job this past summer and we ended up with Soldado, so....

regardless of whether or not you like him personally, the guy has performed for us in 2 out of the 3 seasons he's been here. He's got a great overall goal return for us, and he's proven in the league. He is absolutely one of our best players on form-- getting rid of him would just be more of the same in terms of cashing in on our better players. If we truly have ambition, retaining the guy who helped keep a sinking ship afloat for a little bit longer is imperative, even if we do bring in another striker.

bottom line is that no one on the squad could find the goal if they tried before bringing Ade into the mix. Selling him would be idiotic. Do you really trust the scouts to bring in a suitable replacement? That was their job this past summer and we ended up with Soldado, so....

regardless of whether or not you like him personally, the guy has performed for us in 2 out of the 3 seasons he's been here. He's got a great overall goal return for us, and he's proven in the league. He is absolutely one of our best players on form-- getting rid of him would just be more of the same in terms of cashing in on our better players. If we truly have ambition, retaining the guy who helped keep a sinking ship afloat for a little bit longer is imperative, even if we do bring in another striker.

don't think too many people are questioning his ability or goal return..
whether he is worth 170 000 pounds is more the question. If we were Man City it wouldn't be up for debate but I don't think we can afford to pay him that kind of money considering his A. getting older and B. simply not world class.
we should sell him whilst we can get decent money for him and take a stab at another younger but less proven striker.

A) Again, on a strictly individual level I don't think anyone's arguing with the quality of the player. But we must consider some context. The man's set to earn 175,000 GBP a fuggin week, which is far more than we've paid any player ever or even intended to considering we offered last year's Premier League Player of the Season 160,000 a week. Personally, I would love to keep Ade. I very much enjoyed watching him give our season a shot in the arm and seeing him salute the fans in particular. But I would be very, very surprised if he's not moved on come September barring he accepts a lesser contract.

B) Yes I very much indeed trust those scouts, because of one very big recent change it seems you've missed out on: Ian Broomfield is back. I absolutely agree that Baldini did a poor job last summer (decent eye for talent, but poor idea of squad needs and player suitability), but I fully trust the man who identified talents for THFC such as Luis Suarez, Jan Vertonghen, Eden Hazard, Miralem Pjanic, and Edinson Cavani before any of the big boys got ahold of them to find us a new striker in Ade's stead should we sell.

Back
Top Bottom