Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

gibbs131 , player comments mean nothing amigo, especially not this early in the summer. Bale even modeled in our new kits in July last year, made interviews about the upcoming season and looking forward to wearing them and all. Lovren himself said he was committed to Saints at the end of the season, and he's since put in a transfer request.

That having been said, I agree with you that this link will amount to nothing. Redknapp very well may try as he has with half the first team, the entire academy team, and their mothers; but I hardly think there's a chance of it happening.

Tbf, Redknapp's tried signing half our squad the last two seasons, and I hear even made an offer for the ball n cockerel on top of the stadium.
triffic ball and cockerel they've got down there but its gonna be hard to sign it, y'know the chairmans working on it but its's gonna be difficult :harrylol:

gibbs131 , player comments mean nothing amigo, especially not this early in the summer. Bale even modeled in our new kits in July last year, made interviews about the upcoming season and looking forward to wearing them and all. Lovren himself said he was committed to Saints at the end of the season, and he's since put in a transfer request.

That having been said, I agree with you that this link will amount to nothing. Redknapp very well may try as he has with half the first team, the entire academy team, and their mothers; but I hardly think there's a chance of it happening.

Bale is different because it was a world record bid. Plus he wanted to go to real and was pissed off at lev for holding out for too much money. Perhaps Harry's dog has that kind of money in his offshore account?

Ade just said he's not leaving unless the chairman demands it. Which would be strange since ade played a huge part in Sherwood's prem points record, he's the only striker on our books that has a history of scoring in the prem etc etc. Plus ade said he had 2 more seasons on his contact.

Bale is different because it was a world record bid. Plus he wanted to go to real and was pissed off at lev for holding out for too much money. Perhaps Harry's dog has that kind of money?

Ade just said he's not leaving unless the chairman demands it. He said he had 2 more seasons on his contact etc.

Exactly, Bale wanted to go and he still even postured in the kit. I'm not saying you're wrong, in fact I remember I still owe you an ode if no effort to sell him is even made, but player comments in the summer are about as definitive as ITK.

I personally find that what the players post of their own free will online (Twitter, Instagram) says more about them than any other means which can be 'edited' or doctored.

I know that's a bit of false logic, but I like Chadli because he's posts stuff you want to see him thinking...

Or the Moose...(well worth clicking)

I personally find that what the players post of their own free will online (Twitter, Instagram) says more about them than any other means which can be 'edited' or doctored.

I know that's a bit of false logic, but I like Chadli because he's posts stuff you want to see him thinking...

Or the Moose...(well worth clicking)

It's shocking how little passion jan shows about the support of that couch. His body language tells me he wants away from that couch.

That's not true either. People hold more stock in player statements than itk.

I agree, and people can place stock wherever they like, but the fact of the matter is at the end of August player comments are indeed no more definitive than any source of speculation and especially since their comments in the summer are typically prescribed by agents and the clubs.

But it's not worth our debate. Hope you're enjoying your Sunday morning, Gibbs.

Adebayore today talking about Eriksen:

And 30-year-old Adebayor, who scored 14 goals himself last term, revealed his admiration for the Danish star's fitness work during the previous campaign.

“He’s a great talent and a great professional,” Adebayor told Tottenham's official website.

“He has great vision too. He trains hard every day, early in the morning does his gym work ready to train and before the game you can see how he prepares.

“His contribution this season has been unbelievable.

“It’s his first season in the Premier League and he will only get better next season.”

Bit of a strange yardstick, but Adebayor hasn't said a single thing on Twitter since Tim departed.
Kind of leaves a bit of a question mark - anyone aware of anything he's said about our new manager?

SPURS IN TURMOIL AS TWITTER SHY ADEBAYOR LEAVES QUESTION MARK OVER SPURS FUTURE BY NOT TWEETING ABOUT NEW MANAGER POCHETTINO - AND HAS BEEN ON HUNGER STRIKE SINCE TIM SHERWOOD WAS FIRED

SPURS IN TURMOIL AS TWITTER SHY ADEBAYOR LEAVES QUESTION MARK OVER SPURS FUTURE BY NOT TWEETING ABOUT NEW MANAGER POCHETTINO - AND HAS BEEN ON HUNGER STRIKE SINCE TIM SHERWOOD WAS FIRED

Careful, this wil end up in the daily mirror before you know it. Spurs expert Darren Lewis with another bit of insider info

Levy must realise that selling Ade makes no financial sense whatsoever, which is all that matters (to him).

Last edited:

My point was that he isn't twitter shy, normally very active and yet hasn't 'tweeted' a single thing since then.

Unlike you to go back a page and a week to find one sentence out of a large post to quote though......

Levy must realise that selling Ade makes no financial sense whatsoever, which is all that matters (to him).

Selling a 30 year old striker on large wages makes no financial sense? Have you not been following Levy the last decade? If it was entirely about the money, Ade would never have even been brought in permanently in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom