Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My point was that he isn't twitter shy, normally very active and yet hasn't 'tweeted' a single thing since then.

Unlike you to go back a page and a week to find one sentence out of a large post to quote though......

I know what your point was. I simply mocked it because it means nothing...maybe he's chilling out and enjoying life away from his iphone during the summer for example...?

I havent read the thread in over a week, and the part I picked out was the part I wanted to respond to. Why would that be odd?

I know what your point was. I simply mocked it because it means nothing...maybe he's chilling out and enjoying life away from his iphone during the summer for example...?

I havent read the thread in over a week, and the part I picked out was the part I wanted to respond to. Why would that be odd?

He hasn't stopped posting photos of his cars & lifestyle on instagram throughout that time, so I just thought it was a bit strange that he's gone off the radar in terms of communicating with the fans or team is all.

He hasn't stopped posting photos of his cars & lifestyle on instagram throughout that time, so I just thought it was a bit strange that he's gone off the radar in terms of communicating with the fans or team is all.

He's been doing it on Facebook instead. And you know this because you posted some of them???

Selling a 30 year old striker on large wages makes no financial sense? Have you not been following Levy the last decade? If it was entirely about the money, Ade would never have even been brought in permanently in the first place.

Plus we have established his wages were subsidized by city.

It makes less sense because we would be losing a top tier earner for not much of a transfer tier. And we got him cheap.

It's a lev master stroke as it stands firm and wages/cost.

Plus he said he wants to improve us etc next season and I'd looking forward to preseason.

He's slowing down on Instagram tho.

Last edited:
Like trying to imply that because Ade hasnt tweeted about the team since Sherwood left, something fishy is going on..
You take everyhig over the top. Je didny imply anything. He states a fact and thought that it was curious. He used to be quite active on twitter and hadnt been since the new manager was appointed. It means fuck all but is a bit curious. Thats it

He's been doing it on Facebook instead. And you know this because you posted some of them???

Instagram = Facebook

Instagram <> Twitter
Facebook <> Twitter

Fook me, I said it's strange he seems to have stopped using twitter (as he was previously quite active on it until TS left) - not that he's gone Ghost Protocol.

You take everyhig over the top. Je didny imply anything. He states a fact and thought that it was curious. He used to be quite active on twitter and hadnt been since the new manager was appointed. It means fuck all but is a bit curious. Thats it

Its as "curious" as you want it to be....

By the way, I said "fishy", and you say "curious"......care to explain what you think is the major difference between the two terms..? Actually, dont bother..

:pochbye:

Sanchez accused me of being over the top because I said you implied something was "fishy" by Ade not tweeting......he then goes on to say that Ade not tweeting is "curious"..

Same thing.

It's not the same thing though.

If something is curious, it is 'strange' or 'unusual' by definition - in this case, the curiosity would be the unusual behaviour of not using one social media account which is normally very active - a habitual change.
The fact that this coincided with a manager leaving means that there could be a link that would be interesting to know.

Saying something is 'fishy' means that it is "arousing feelings of doubt or suspicion." It firmly implies that there's something negative going on, which wasn't the case at all - but as you often seem to err on the side of negativity, I can see why the confusion has happened.

Last season was all about players falling out with managers, so, as one of the key instigators at the start of last season, I'm hoping we'll see some sort of reassurance that we won't have another mutiny - My question of "anyone aware of anything he's said about our new manager" is one of trepidation and looking for reassurance, not implying there's an issue.

Of course it wouldn't have even been an issue if someone else had said it, so it's probably pointless even explaining it.

Same thing to me and the implication of suspicion is blatantly obvious considering your feelings towards Ade, and the shit you've spouted about him over the last 50 odd pages.

Just man up and stand by what you meant for once.

Ade needs to be loved. And even then you never know what Ade is gonna take to the pitch! When he is on his game, he can be virtually un-playable. But how often is that? My guess, less than 50% of the time. 30 and only getting older. What will we be (wages wise) liable for this season. £125.000 a week? If we bring in the likes of a Bony, plus one other. Will Ade start in The Prem every week? If not, will he revert to his "lasy-ish" performances when he dose?

Ade for me = Frustration! Push come to shove and all that! Sell and invest elsewhere. I think!!!

Ade needs to be loved. And even then you never know what Ade is gonna take to the pitch! When he is on his game, he can be virtually un-playable. But how often is that? My guess, less than 50% of the time. 30 and only getting older. What will we be (wages wise) liable for this season. £125.000 a week? If we bring in the likes of a Bony, plus one other. Will Ade start in The Prem every week? If not, will he revert to his "lasy-ish" performances when he dose?

Ade for me = Frustration! Push come to shove and all that! Sell and invest elsewhere. I think!!!
I think he's worth a risk. Like there is a fine line between genius and insanity, there is a fine line between unplayable, Suarez level Adebayor and a both-you-and-him-wish-he-was-dead Ade. I like him and even believe(despite his reputation) that he came to love the club. Wish he would stay.

Same thing to me and the implication of suspicion is blatantly obvious considering your feelings towards Ade, and the shit you've spouted about him over the last 50 odd pages.

Just man up and stand by what you meant for once.

Ahh, yes all the shit I spouted, like this:

I really don't understand why anyone would feel so negative towards the guy - he's been the victim of poor man-management, but now has quite a lot more spirit and wise words than many other players out there.

If he turns sour again I'll eat my words, but until then I'm a big fan of Ade, regardless of the past

The line is drawn when there's talk of him being on £150k - £170k a week - just like I'm a bit fan of Holtby, but I'd still say 'sell him' before we thought about offering him that kind of money.

I can understand exactly where this is coming and the club attempted to do this last year. We splashed serious cash on Soldado and he wasn't doing the job and just when we needed him Ade, in fairness to him, was there to score the goals we needed. We were a one man team for a few of those games.

Back
Top Bottom