Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMO teams would rather play against Soldado than Ade. That was last season. New manager, different approach who knows? I don't care who scores goals as long as collectively we score goals with some passion behind it. Oh, world cup syndrome still with me.

When on song he pulls defenders out of position and works them over physically as well as putting their stamina to the test. His movement creates space for intelligent movement from midfield, it really worked for him and Eriksen when they found a rythm and hopefully when a few more are on his wavelength we will get more incisive passing from midfield/fullbacks. A big if as you never know which Ade you will get but when he wants it there aren't that many better in the prem, certainly not that we could afford anyway.

When on song he pulls defenders out of position and works them over physically as well as putting their stamina to the test. His movement creates space for intelligent movement from midfield, it really worked for him and Eriksen when they found a rythm and hopefully when a few more are on his wavelength we will get more incisive passing from midfield/fullbacks. A big if as you never know which Ade you will get but when he wants it there aren't that many better in the prem, certainly not that we could afford anyway.

Yep. Kane played better along side of ade too. His 11 prem assists in his first season hints to his team game being a plus.

I can not deny I have a love hate opinion of Ade! But on the love side. If he is genuinely positive about committing to Poch and his ways. And shows it! Then I have no doubt about 14/15 being a good one for us. I rate (and hate) Ade that much!

Indeed. But he did this:
"He brought his ideas and I told him: 'Your ideas will not help the team'. I have had a chance to play for a lot of top clubs in my career and I know how it's supposed to be. I told him one v. one and he didn't want to listen, and then I told him in front of the group."
Professionalism personified, right?
I particularly like the part about him 'playing for a lot of top clubs' and 'knowing how it's supposed to be'. How many trophies has he won, again?
I've never seen this before - is it true?
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26099333

Thank goodness he did as well, the man is a complete arse.

"I remember in early September when I went back home and did an interview saying it would not take me long to be the number one striker again in Tottenham, a lot of fans, not everyone, jumped on that [saying] 'Oh, who does he think he is," Adebayor told Sky Sports.

:adesalute: Adebayor, making cunts look like cunts est 2013

I've no problem with players challenging the manager's tactics and suggesting improvements.

But in any field, you need people to do this like grown-ups, not spoilt toddlers. The shit between Ade and AVB should remain in the dressing room and not in the papers. It doesn't help the team and just serves Ade's ego.

That's a big problem for us - players who don't look at themselves. "I want to leave for Champions League'" "I want to go to a club to win things," etc etc. Rarely do we get players publicly talking about their individual responsibility for Tottenham's performance and progress.

Why all the Ade hate?
Without him we could have been bottom half of the table last season!
In his first 6 games of coming back we won 5 and drew 1.
6 games before he came back, won 2 lost 3 and drew 1.
Also up until Ade was introduced again, we had only scored 2 or less goals in each game.
Granted this is because AVB was doing a madness..
But in the 3/6 of the games we played after Ade came back we scored 3 goals.
He did help save our season, obviously Tim played a big part in that also.
:sherwoodlol::adesalute:
We werent gonna come 6th by Soldado just scoring penalties.

(I understand why there is Ade hate, but youve gotta give him some credit)

Back
Top Bottom