Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I knew that busted up - never saw the quotes from Ade where he confesses to challenging him in front of the team

He challenged him in private before that. Because he could see avb poison the atmosphere at whl.

What about AVB lying to spurs fans for the reason he was playing with the kids? Do you pref managers who lie to stop their lack of dressing room unity and man management skills from being revealed?

What about AVB lying to spurs fans for the reason he was playing with the kids? Do you pref managers who lie to stop their lack of dressing room unity and man management skills from being revealed?
AVB is gone - I'm more concerned about who is still here and can do damage

AVB is gone - I'm more concerned about who is still here and can do damage

In retrospect Ades actions helped in the league. Ade had Spurs best interest at heart.

I would hope most players will question the manager. I would also hope the manager can be a man and take criticism and listen/work out kinks with players unhappy with tactics without banishing them.

In retrospect Ades actions helped in the league. Ade had Spurs best interest at heart.

I would hope most players will question the manager. I would also hope the manager can be a man and take criticism and listen/work out kinks with players unhappy with tactics without banishing them.
I have no issues with questioning the manager in private - doing it public however - scum-like behaviour

He didn't do it in public. A dressing room is still inhouse.

And since when has scum like been associated with a dressing room bust up?
No, mate - it's incomparable

Similar your boss slagging you off in front of the entire staff. You don't do certain things like that.

The cunt is poison - eliminate him

No, mate - it's incomparable

Similar your boss slagging you off in front of the entire staff. You don't do certain things like that.

The cunt is poison - eliminate him

Ade wasn't the boss. It's similar to a disgruntled worker calling out the boss. Which happens all the time. Workers who challenge bosses is not scumlike behavior. Esp when the employee is RIGHT.

Ade wasn't the boss. It's similar to a disgruntled worker calling out the boss. Which happens all the time. Workers who challenge bosses is not scumlike behavior. Esp when the employee is RIGHT.
Nope, sorry - not buying it - that is not the way to deal with it any way you paint. He's a twat

He was right. Lev agreed. Since when has standing up to authority been a bad thing? Nodding like a dog while the team lineups, tactics and shape are a joke is what pussies do.
He wasn't right to approach it the way he did. Imagine he doesn't like Poch's tactics too - cost us another manager?

Drop kick the clown now.

He wasn't right to approach it the way he did. Imagine he doesn't like Poch's tactics too - cost us another manager?

Drop kick the clown now.

He's already said liked pochs work.

Poch captained Argentina and is famous for his dressing room attitude as player. What was AVB? A fan with a plan and a nice haircut who was given a break how? He questioned the managers tactics and got his first big break because of it.

He's already said liked pochs work.

Poch captained Argentina and is famous for his dressing room attitude as player. What was AVB? A fan with a plan and a nice haircut who was given a break how? He questioned the managers tactics and got his first big break because of it.
Pochettino never captained Argentina. The world cup he played in, Veron was the captain.
Nevertheless the argument is completely sound. Pochettino is always talked about as a dressing room leader, a motivator with a huge will to win and to inspire those around him. His career alone, without these qualities, earns him enough respect from players to be able to lead without controversies such as the one you both are discussing.

I believe he's the sort of manager who is always in very good control of his squad.

The same thing happened to avb at the chavs. It could happen to him anywhere I bet because he seems to be poor at dealing with people. His tactics were ineffective and senior players who want to win will talk to him. I'd be more pissed off if they didn't. A good boss knows when to get peoples opinions on board, and how to be a boss still. If, as it seems, when he was approached in private, he dismissed players concerns out of hand, then inevitably it would get raised in front if other players. Calling Adebayor a "poison" for doing that is bizarre.

Imagine he doesn't like Poch's tactics too - cost us another manager.

If Poch thinks Townsend is the new Bale, plays Naughton at leftback, makes Lennon captain and plays AMs as midfield destroyers or wingers with a makeshift defense playing the highest line in world football with mentally or physically slow defenders Along with getting limited league goals out of Soldado, Lamela, Townsend, Lennon, Defoe, Dembele, Holtby, Chadli, Ade, Eriksen etc etc.

If Poch does an AVB, he will get the same player/board pushback.

It seems appropriately on topic for this to be posted again

orh.gif

I wouldn't have an issue with players questioning the manager's tactics if said player had been a captain, or had at least won something relevant in his career.

Issues should stay internal to the captain - that, to me, is what Dawson is there for. He could then raise them to the coaches etc, however the hierarchy works.

To go over the head of both the captain and all the coaching staff is, essentially, a little disrespectful.

I assume we're talking about this, anyway:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26099333

It would have happened before the season was barely started, so seems a bit stupid for a player to do that and not expect to be dropped.

Back
Top Bottom