Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Calling Sammy's claims unsubstantiated and then saying Ade had led a mutiny (?) is the height of contradiction. I don't think there were even reports of that let alone confirmation.

Where did I say Adebayor led a mutiny?

My original point here is that there's a sequence of senior staff that should be consulted, and sammy disagrees and is supporting the idea of any player being allowed to have zero discipline, and take action if they don't agree to the way their superiors operate - that's encouraging the idea of mutiny.

It's not all black and white, unless you're sammy of course

My original point here is that there's a sequence of senior staff that should be consulted, and sammy disagrees and is supporting the idea of any player being allowed to have zero discipline, and take action if they don't agree to the way their superiors operate - that's encouraging the idea of mutiny.

If the manager is leading the club down the toilet, then Im all for players taking a stand.

Adebayors actions have led to Poch coming in.

You talk about a chain of command. Well the man at the very top let AVB walk, while he continues to pay Adebayors wages........says it all. Deal with it.

If the manager is leading the club down the toilet, then Im all for players taking a stand.

Unbeaten in Europe and still progressing in the major competitions with a better points haul than the previous season at that stage (which was a record points haul season)....

...That's your view of down the toilet?

Before you start on the 'style' of play, if players like Adebayor had worked harder at the time being a professional and proving what he can do (which, btw, he did fuck all of in the season prior) then perhaps the club would be better for it. By all accounts, it sounded like he refused to play how the manager wanted him to - granted, that's a massive weakness from the manager for being a poor man-manager, but it's also a very negative point against the attitude of the player, not something to be congratulated.

Even though Soldado had a terrible season (by his standards) he gets my support because he blamed no one but himself. He could have blamed either manager, the style of play, anything. Adebayor, in contrast, blamed everyone but himself. That's what I feel is the difference between the types of players who should be valued higher in terms of attitude, rather than what you're doing as an exact opposite.

Building a team around a player, who can play very well (if not one of the best on his day), but rarely seems to 'want' to turn up every Saturday, is an accident waiting to happen - add in the volatility that seems to occur between himself and his managers and it becomes worrying.

adebayor.gif

Will NEVER forget about this. Never.

You shouldn't call a manager out infront of all the squad, neither should you get ostracised for doing so. Both parties were at fault for this one, Ade for belittling the manager infront of the squad and AVB for not finding a way to mediate it, rather than not using him. I genuinely like both parties but they both showed complete petulance in this saga.

Unbeaten in Europe and still progressing in the major competitions with a better points haul than the previous season at that stage (which was a record points haul season)....

Before you start on the 'style' of play, if players like Adebayor had worked harder at the time being a professional and proving what he can do (which, btw, he did fuck all of in the season prior) then perhaps the club would be better for it. By all accounts, it sounded like he refused to play how the manager wanted him to - granted, that's a massive weakness from the manager for being a poor man-manager, but it's also a very negative point against the attitude of the player, not something to be congratulated.

Even though Soldado had a terrible season (by his standards) he gets my support because he blamed no one but himself. He could have blamed either manager, the style of play, anything. Adebayor, in contrast, blamed everyone but himself. That's what I feel is the difference between the types of players who should be valued higher in terms of attitude, rather than what you're doing as an exact opposite.

Building a team around a player, who can play very well (if not one of the best on his day), but rarely seems to 'want' to turn up every Saturday, is an accident waiting to happen - add in the volatility that seems to occur between himself and his managers and it becomes worrying.

My view of leading the club down the toilet is losing 14-0 over three games in the space of 6 weeks, and playing turgid, dire football that had none of the players responding to.

Playing 2 DMs at home to relegation fodder.

And why shouldnt I mention style of play....because its not an issue you, doesnt mean it isnt to me. Its a massive issue to me, and that why I wanted AVB out.

Why would I leave out my biggest gripe? To suit YOUR argument? Fucking laughable.

Ade refused to play how the manger wanted him to....? hahahahaha

As in up front, banging in goals? He did alright for Tim..

The entire squad played like shit under AVB. Im far more concerned about Sandro, Soldado, Paulinho and Jan than I am Adebayor.

Last edited:
You shouldn't call a manager out infront of all the squad, neither should you get ostracised for doing so. Both parties were at fault for this one, Ade for belittling the manager infront of the squad and AVB for not finding a way to mediate it, rather than not using him. I genuinely like both parties but they both showed complete petulance in this saga.

Ade said it in private first and his concerns were ignored by The Narcisstic One. Desperate times call for desperate measures....

Just like when the likes of Veronghen, Lloris and Sandro reportedly gave Levy a "him or us" choice regarding Sherwood.

No one minded that though.......LOL

People going on about Ade bringing it up in front the squad.....at least he said it to AVBs face both times. Sounds as if people prefer the snake in the grass type behaviour.

Last edited:
My view of leading the club down the toilet is losing 14-0 over three games in the space of 6 weeks, and playing turgid, dire football that had none of the players responding to.

As opposed to Sherwood losing 13 -1 over three games in a similar space of time...

Or the days when Redknapp would have us conceding 4 to Burnley or losing twice to Wolves in a season?

Small samples sizes, yes?

Playing 2 DMs at home relegation fodder.

And why shouldnt I mention style of play....because its not an issue you, doesnt mean it isnt to me. Its a massive issue to me, and that why I wanted AVB out.

Why would I leave out my biggest gripe? To suit YOUR argument? Fucking laughable.

Ade refused to play how the manger wanted him to....? hahahahaha

As in up front, banging in goals? He did alright for Tim..

The entire squad played like shit under AVB. Im far more concerned about Sandro, Soldado, Paulinho and Jan than I am Adebayor.

My argument....:pochfacepalm:

I notice you like to throw irrelevant gripes into most discussions, then throw the toys out when people point out it's not relevant.

This is the point in the debate where it's not "lets talk football", it's "let's resort to typing 'hahahaha' and 'fucking pathetic' and overuse of Caps Lock"

131500817042861.jpg

Ade said it in private first and his concerns were ignored by The Narcisstic One. Desperate times call for desperate measures....

Just like when the likes of Veronghen, Lloris and Sandro reportedly gave Levy a "him or us" choice regarding Sherwood.

No one minded that though.......LOL

People going on about Ade bringing it up in front the squad.....at least he said it to AVBs face both times. Sounds as if people prefer the snake in the grass type behaviour.
It's AVBs inability to man manage 'big name playas' that got him kicked off the Chelsea job and it does completely annoy me he didn't really learn all that much. There are ways to deal with someone who openly disagrees with you and I don't think AVB had the stature in the game nor was long in the tooth enough to do what he did, Fergie could banish and drop a player and that would be respected but he earned that right, Ade knew he was going to put AVB in shit from the start of the questioning infront of the group, but that should be dealt with there and then, laugh it off, don't pick him in the squad for a game or two, agree and let Ade do the tactitcs, it would of been a big pill to swallow if AVB fell on his sword and said my 18 months of building has been wrong I'm going to do it a different way. A better manager probably would of come to that conclusion themselves.

As opposed to Sherwood losing 13 -1 over three games in a similar space of time...

Or the days when Redknapp would have us conceding 4 to Burnley or losing twice to Wolves in a season?

Small samples sizes, yes?

Sherwood never represented this club to me....was just a stop gap when AVB left us in the shit.

I appreciated his time here, but was under no delusion it would be longer....13-1 is also better than 14-0.....and at least TS was a complete novice as a manager..

Harry had us playing brilliant football, and took us the CL.

AVB played shit football, and in the end, had us getting spanked on top of it.

Like I said earlier, Levy backed Ade, and let AVB walk. Now we have Poch.

:dwi:

Quotes, references, evidence...?

I dont have quotes....I have several references from respected media outlets ( Ive posted the links before, and you ignored it before, so stop asking for them) and the FACT that Adebayor is still at the club, and AVB isnt....despite his supposedly despicable mutinous behaviour.

Time you got over it.

I dont have quotes....I have several references from respected media outlets ( Ive posted the links before, and you ignored it before, so stop asking for them) and the FACT that Adebayor is still at the club, and AVB isnt....despite his supposedly despicable mutinous behaviour.

Time you got over it.

Ah. In that case, Levy chose Bongani Khumalo over Redknapp.

AVB failed. What he did in Europe was almost impossible to fuck up. He was given over a $100?million in new talent to replace one player and we had easy draws against teams that cost about as much as one signing.

He failed to get a good return on players we had like Lloris, Jan, Walker, ade, eriksen etc. made soldado, Lamela etc look terrible and took a chance on maverick fringe players like Rose, Lennon and Townsend and fucked that up too via tactics.

I'd rather give props to players like Ade who you continue to vilify who dug us out of the hole AVB dug us into than cling to your romantic ideal of what AVB did to us.

We had a good team, an influx of players and promising youngsters and made everything harder than it needed to be via poor vision, tactics, man management and leadership.

Ade was part of the solution.

The problem is if your captain doesn't take the lead other players have to. Why you need a certain kind of guy as captain

The problem is if your captain doesn't take the lead other players have to. Why you need a certain kind of guy as captain

The captain himself was the victim of poor man management when AVB came to the club and wanted rid of him, Dawson did the right thing and worked for his place in the squad; he didn't do anything childish.

The facts and evidence doesn't stack up for either of them - both AVB and Adebayor have previous and it looks like they both screwed up on this one. The point is that there's a right way, and a wrong way. Dawson did it the right way.

Ah. In that case, Levy chose Bongani Khumalo over Redknapp.

Only there was a well documented and massively divisive issue at the club between AVB and Ade.

You have slated Adebayors actions as a poison and a risk.....yet Levy was happy to keep Ade, and let AVB walk.

Yet again, you are failing to deal with a simple fact. Closing your eyes and screaming Lalalalalalala wont change that.

If Ade's actions were as bad as you have made out, then you must think Levy is some kind of cunt.

Only there was a well documented and massively divisive issue at the club between AVB and Ade.

You have slated Adebayors actions as a poison and a risk.....yet Levy was happy to keep Ade, and let AVB walk.

Yet again, you are failing to deal with a simple fact. Closing your eyes and screaming Lalalalalalala wont change that.

If Ade's actions were as bad as you have made out, then you must think Levy is some kind of cunt.

Who wants/wanted him?

Back
Top Bottom