Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No idea what you are asking

Levy was happy to keep Ade, and let AVB walk.

You're saying he was 'happy to keep him' - at that point in time, there were no offers, no bids - couldn't sell a player before the window opened and levy would rather him rot than pay him to leave (Gomes, Bentley etc.).

By the time the window came round, he was a key player. No one is arguing that, but your argument of 'Well AVB went so therefore Levy chose Adebayor' is bizarre.

You're saying he was 'happy to keep him' - at that point in time, there were no offers, no bids - couldn't sell a player before the window opened and levy would rather him rot than pay him to leave (Gomes, Bentley etc.).

By the time the window came round, he was a key player. No one is arguing that, but your argument of 'Well AVB went so therefore Levy chose Adebayor' is bizarre.
I think it would be fair to assume (always dangerous I know) that Levy was, at the very least, puzzled why our most highly paid player was playing with the kids, and when that disastrous run of results prompted the boardroom summons, it was AVB's inability to incorporate Ade into the team as well the results and style of play that hastened his departure.

Whats bizarre is you thinking that Levy also thought Ade was a despicable mutineer but was happy to let AVB walk and Sherwood to pick Ade.

And now Levy is happy to keep Ade and print his interviews about next season on the OS, despite his so called poisonous behaviour.

Let it go, you have become a massive joke.

I think it would be fair to assume (always dangerous I know) that Levy was, at the very least, puzzled why our most highly paid player was playing with the kids,

Yep. Although since Levy had seen what avb was like at the chavs he should have expected the same here. People will say that Adebayor is the villain etc and avb was right, ok, fine. But here is a man who is desperate to assert his authority IMO.

Sherwood came across the same in a different way

I think it would be fair to assume (always dangerous I know) that Levy was, at the very least, puzzled why our most highly paid player was playing with the kids, and when that disastrous run of results prompted the boardroom summons, it was AVB's inability to incorporate Ade into the team as well the results and style of play that hastened his departure.

Yep. And not just ade. Lamela, capoue, vlad etc should have been getting more games at least from the bench.

Whats bizarre is you thinking that Levy also thought Ade was a despicable mutineer but was happy to let AVB walk and Sherwood to pick Ade.

And now Levy is happy to keep Ade and print his interviews about next season on the OS, despite his so called poisonous behaviour.

Let it go, you have become a massive joke.

:pochfacepalm:

You go apeshit when people work off assumption and misquote you, yet that's all you do.....

I think it would be fair to assume (always dangerous I know) that Levy was, at the very least, puzzled why our most highly paid player was playing with the kids

I have no idea where that phrase comes from (well, I have my suspicions) but it's blown out of proportion.

He missed pre-season, didn't come back to the club until late September, so caught up by training separately from the first team. He caught up in fitness and then returned to first team training, was in the Europa squad vs Sheriff, got injured (ankle) in October, played against City and then was out with a knee injury.

That's all based on information that's available, so unless there's a worldwide conspiracy then you have to admit it's all blown out of proportion only because of the lack of goalscoring form we had at the time.

I have no idea where that phrase comes from (well, I have my suspicions) but it's blown out of proportion.

He missed pre-season, didn't come back to the club until late September, so caught up by training separately from the first team. He caught up in fitness and then returned to first team training, was in the Europa squad vs Sheriff, got injured (ankle) in October, played against City and then was out with a knee injury.

That's all based on information that's available, so unless there's a worldwide conspiracy then you have to admit it's all blown out of proportion only because of the lack of goalscoring form we had at the time.
Ok, apologies for that phrase, but I thought it was common knowledge that he wasn't training with the first team. What is beyond doubt is that he was match fit when Sherwood brought him back.

Ok, apologies for that phrase, but I thought it was common knowledge that he wasn't training with the first team. What is beyond doubt is that he was match fit when Sherwood brought him back.

I think it's mostly the media that sensationalised to get stories and drum up drama - he was definitely fit when Sherwood had use of him, but he'd had a lot of training by then and was fresher - I think he benefitted by being fresh for December, to be honest.

Anyway, we know he didn't come back from leave until start/mid September, then at the end of the month he was back in first team training:

He was forced to play with the development team. That is playing with the youngsters.

And he wasn't even told by AVB. AVB got an underling to tell him.

Keep on making excuses for AVB. It was nothing to do with fitness. AVB shitcanned Ade. He could have trained with the first team to regain fitness.

:pochfacepalm:

You go apeshit when people work off assumption and misquote you, yet that's all you do.....

Its a logical assumption that if, as you claim, Ade is a poisonous mutineer, and AVB was innocent in the whole affair....YET Levy allowed AVB to walk and is happy to keep Ade at the club, that:

a) You have some serious doubts about Levy at the moment and must wonder where he is taking the club

b) You think that Levy agrees with you, but for some absurd reason kept Ade anyway, and let AVB walk

Let the backtrack commence.....

article-0-1F69325F00000578-313_634x382.jpg

Look whos not in this picture......this is what Spurs fans should be looking towards with excitement.

Most of us are, and Im happy for us.

AVB shitcanned Ade.
I don't see anyone arguing otherwise - AVB's handling of certain 'personal' matters seemed less than ideal (Lloris, etc.) - but this thread is about Ade and HIS part in the debacle. What AVB did or didn't do is irrelevant - we're discussing the striker's attitude and snake-like behaviour which was completely and utterly unprofessional, imv. I don't give a shit about AVB, he's no longer involved with the club but Ade is and needs to be dealt with accordingly - who the FUCK is he to decide which tactics are better and which manager will or won't succeed. Do you want the same shit with Poch next month?

Any manager that made our best striker train with the kids because he had the nerve to wear a beanie to training deserves the boot.

AVB utter waste of space.

He has too much to learn and for once Levy got a managerial decision right.

And a crap one to bring him in in the first place.

Wasn't too impressed with him sYing it was his team that won the CL, and implying he would have won it too.

Massive character defect.

Any manager that made our best striker train with the kids because he had the nerve to wear a beanie to training deserves the boot.

AVB utter waste of space.

He has too much to learn and for once Levy got a managerial decision right.

And a crap one to bring him in in the first place.

Wasn't too impressed with him sYing it was his team that won the CL, and implying he would have won it too.

Massive character defect.
This thread / discussion is about Ade, not AVB

Back
Top Bottom