Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is he to decide on tactics? Every message board was groaning about the high high line with physicslly/mentally slow players, lone Soldado getting creamed, no plan b etc etc.

Ade was not alone in questioning his dumbass tactics. You probably were too. Ade was representing us.

Exactly.

Every cunt on every forum has an opinion of every manager and player. Tactical scientists everywhere....yet an actual footballer has no right to question the direction of the club he plays for, in the dressing room with the relevant people...?

Maybe thats why AVB went to Russia, where authority should not be questioned.

I think you'll find that fitness levels are very closely monitored and if someone is weeks behind in their training, they'll only suffer injury trying to keep up with those who are up to speed.

Ade himself said it was because he challenged the validity of the tactics. AVB is a odd little man who lies on camera. Makes Daws captain then tries to sell him = AVB.

Ade himself said it was because he challenged the validity of the tactics. AVB is a odd little man who lies on camera. Makes Daws captain then tries to sell him = AVB.

AVB said it was because he didn't have a pre-season and wasn't up to speed with the rest of the team, Ade also acknowledged this himself.

Who is he to decide on tactics? Every message board was groaning about the high high line with physically/mentally slow players, lone Soldado getting creamed, no plan b etc etc.

Ade was not alone in questioning his dumbass tactics. You probably were too. Ade was representing us.
He went about it the wrong way. Like a snake cunt. Can happen to Poch next month - risk is too great. Eliminate the threat now.

AVB said it was because he didn't have a pre-season and wasn't up to speed with the rest of the team, Ade also acknowledged this himself.

AVB also said Lamela was injured, yet he was miraculously fit on the odd occasion AVB wanted to play him....then he was injured again. Then his head was not right and AVB was just protecting him....then he was injured.....then he played.....but was injured again after that....then his head was not right again...oh well

Obviously, when you take into account he was banished from the first team even when fit, being sent to train with the youth team simply to protect him seems a bit far fetched.

Not really, quite often players play with the youth team while trying to regain full fitness...obviously most other PL teams have a reserves that accommodate recovering players, Spurs do not, so the youth team it is. Other than that I'm not aware of him being "banished", or otherwise asked to train with the youth team when actually fit.

Not really, quite often players play with the youth team while trying to regain full fitness...obviously most other PL teams have a reserves that accommodate recovering players, Spurs do not, so the youth team it is. Other than that I'm not aware of him being "banished", or otherwise asked to train with the youth team when actually fit.

He was fit for months and completely dropped from the first team....whether or not he was allowed to train with the first team does nothing to justify what went on.

So in short, even if he trained with the kids for his own health and rehab, and was then allowed to train with the team when he was fit, the manager was still a cunt to drop him when we needed him.

He was fit for months and completely dropped from the first team....whether or not he was allowed to train with the first team does nothing to justify what went on.

So in short, even if he trained with the kids for his own health and rehab, and was then allowed to train with the team when he was fit, the manager was still a cunt to drop him when we needed him.

Maybe, maybe not. But the point that you have so eloquently missed is, that is not what we were talking about.

Gibbs reckoned Ade could have trained with the first-team despite being behind with his fitness having not had a pre-season, I disagreed, and you decided AVB is a cunt for not playing him....you'll notice 2 of us are talking about one thing and one of us is replying without reading.

Maybe, maybe not. But the point that you have so eloquently missed is, that is not what we were talking about.

Gibbs reckoned Ade could have trained with the first-team despite being behind with his fitness having not had a pre-season, I disagreed, and you decided AVB is a cunt for not playing him....you'll notice 2 of us are talking about one thing and one of us is replying without reading.

For a group of people who´s favourite line is "not everything is black and white Sammy", you, CJJ etc have a massive problem grasping the fact that events can be connected.

You defended AVB against Gibbs claim about the training. My point is that the fact...yes fact, that Ade was nowhere near the first team when fit for months suggests that AVB did not make him train with the kids solely for Ades own benefit, seeing as he clearly didnt give a shit how long his rehabilitation would take.

It was irrelevant to AVB whether the player was fit or injured. Do you understand that?

Last edited:
For a group of people who´s favourite line is "not everything is black and white Sammy", you, CJJ etc have a massive problem grasping the fact that events can be connected.

You defended AVB against Gibbs claim about the training. My point is that the fact...yes fact, that Ade was nowhere near the first team when fit for months suggests that AVB did not make him train with the kids solely for Ades own benefit, seeing as he clearly didnt give a shit how long his rehabilitation would take.

It was irrelevant to AVB whether the player was fit or injured. Do you understand that?

Ade returned from his extended summer break and, due to being behind with his pre-season training and fitness, was told to train with the youth. This is quite a standard thing to do for any player looking to attain full fitness before joining the 1st team squad. Anything that happened subsequently is neither here nor there in this instance because that is not what is being talked about. Do you understand that?

Ade returned from his extended summer break and, due to being behind with his pre-season training and fitness, was told to train with the youth. This is quite a standard thing to do for any player looking to attain full fitness before joining the 1st team squad. Anything that happened subsequently is neither here nor there in this instance because that is not what is being talked about. Do you understand that?

Oh.....so a conversation can only consist of what is being talked about, and no other relevant angles can be introduced in order to develop the conversation or counter certain implications?

Yes I understand....I think you call it grey when you do it.

Do you even know if Ade ever trained with the first team when fit? Or are you just hoping thats the case because your whole point is based on that?

Oooops..silly me. Dont answer that. We havent addressed it so cannot possibly bring it up. Maybe I will start a new thread just to ask you that..

:llorishuh:

He was injured an awful lot for a guy that was so 'match fit'. Not that it's conceivable that could ever be the reason...

Knee Injury - 2013 December 2nd
Groin/Pelvis Injury - 2013 November 24th
Ankle/Foot Injury - 2013 October 29th
Illness- 2013 September 23rd

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/1950/emmanuel_adebayor_injury.html
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article3932873.ece
http://talksport.com/football/tottenham-outcast-adebayor-dealt-injury-setback-13103166291

He was injured an awful lot for a guy that was so 'match fit'. Not that it's conceivable that could ever be the reason...

Knee Injury - 2013 December 2nd
Groin/Pelvis Injury - 2013 November 24th
Ankle/Foot Injury - 2013 October 29th
Illness- 2013 September 23rd

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/1950/emmanuel_adebayor_injury.html
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article3932873.ece
http://talksport.com/football/tottenham-outcast-adebayor-dealt-injury-setback-13103166291

Yet was fit the second AVB left, playing as sharp as ever, banging in goals from the off.......

Maybe....just maybe, it was better PR by the club to say he was injured, than to admit that AVB had dropped him for personal reasons, at a time the team couldnt score for shit.

Your denial is worrying.

Yet was fit the second AVB left, playing as sharp as ever, banging in goals from the off.......

Maybe....just maybe, it was better PR by the club to say he was injured, than to admit that AVB had dropped him for personal reasons, at a time the team couldnt score for shit.

Your denial is worrying.

So you're saying the whole club has lied to you.

I suppose Sherwood dropped Lamela for personal reasons too, then?

So you're saying the whole club has lied to you.

I suppose Sherwood dropped Lamela for personal reasons too, then?

Yep. The club lied...are you shocked and surprised that football clubs lie about players being injured sometimes to hide in politics, or transfers, or drug and gambling problems...? Like I said, your denial and naivety is a worry.

Was Sherwood really going to throw Lamela into the side? Really?

Back
Top Bottom