Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any manager that made our best striker train with the kids because he had the nerve to wear a beanie to training deserves the boot.

AVB utter waste of space.

He has too much to learn and for once Levy got a managerial decision right.

And a crap one to bring him in in the first place.

Wasn't too impressed with him sYing it was his team that won the CL, and implying he would have won it too.

Massive character defect.

Exactly.

This is the thing...people are acting as if Ade was the problem. As Gibbs said, Ade was the solution.

Not sure why people think Ade will do the same with Pocheittino? Poch is not a clueless weirdo and control freak as far as I know, so why would there be a problem.

Ade was fine here under Harry and Tim, and AVB has a history of falling out personally, with people in the game. His time here mirrored his Chelsea disaster, yet people think it cant be him...? Laughable.
I have a friend who is an employee at The Bridge...a journo on their OS. I know for a fact AVB was hated there by just about everyone, and not just players.

Also not sure how we are supposed to discuss Ades role in it, without mentiong AVB either....I guess it suits his backers to leave out the part he played in his own dismissal, and simply not mention it. That way he has no responsibility and we can just sit here and slate Adebayor...
:llorishuh:

This thread / discussion is about Ade, not AVB
Ok, although as said elsewhere this particular vein diagram has a big overlap.

Ade? Is not unmanageable. Fact.

Harry and Tim got good performances out of him.

He is the only player we have in our squad who can play 4-5-1.

He has a good scoring record for us.

It's the manager's job to manage. Manage him.

Fwiw if Ade stays, I think MoPo will get more good performances from him.

Hope he stays.

Its a logical assumption that if, as you claim, Ade is a poisonous mutineer, and AVB was innocent in the whole affair....YET Levy allowed AVB to walk and is happy to keep Ade at the club

Proof that you don't read anything and just rage your way through the thread,,

Proof that you don't read anything and just rage your way through the thread,,

Every time you hold AVB responsible for something, its followed with "but Ade should'nt have...." etc

You may hold him responsible at times, but its always conditional. Same things as absolving him.

You're saying he was 'happy to keep him' - at that point in time, there were no offers, no bids - couldn't sell a player before the window opened and levy would rather him rot than pay him to leave (Gomes, Bentley etc.).

But Levy wasnt happy to let him rot....hence the chain of events that led to AVB leaving.

Oh yeah, I forgot...none of that happened in your world.

Every time you hold AVB responsible for something, its followed with "but Ade should'nt have...." etc

You may hold him responsible at times, but its always conditional. Same things as absolving him.

I think you'll find that you find any excuse to hate the guy. Anything that would suggest the slightest hint of positivity towards him is blatantly throw out at other people - You and Troll always bang on about how other people 'love AVB' or indicate he's their 'man', but you'll struggle to find anything other than a mildly appreciative tone for him - this AVB conspiracy doesn't exist.

Everyone jumps on the bandwagon of 'playing with the kids' - even by looking at the guy's twitter you can see it was for less than 2 weeks and no doubt linked to his lack of pre-season and the fact that he had returned from a grieving process (and was no doubt being watched for any signs that he needed a bit of care for reintegration).

It's obvious that AVB fell out with a lot of people a year ago, including Freund and Adebayor, but that doesn't suddenly mean that his behaviour was forgiveable if it is as was reported.

As ArcspacE ArcspacE implies, what if he finds Poch's tactics too similar to AVBs, or if Poch decides he was to play Kane & Soldado up front (and they start banging them in) - would you be okay with him standing up to him in front of the whole team?

It's hypothetical and the fact that we'd scored 21 goals in 9 games by mid September (when the bust up was supposed to have happened) should help to show that scoring wasn't an issue by then.

I think you'll find that you find any excuse to hate the guy. Anything that would suggest the slightest hint of positivity towards him is blatantly throw out at other people -

Ive always backed AVB over the fact Levy screwed him sideways over Moutinho and maintained it was one of the most significant factors in AVBs failure here. His plans went to shit from day one by the messed up signing of his absolute key player.

I also backed him from day one, and for 16 of his 18 months here.

Jog on muppet.

As ArcspacE ArcspacE implies, what if he finds Poch's tactics too similar to AVBs, or if Poch decides he was to play Kane & Soldado up front (and they start banging them in) - would you be okay with him standing up to him in front of the whole team?

You are ignoring the fact that Ade did not kick up a fuss simply because he was dropped. The team needed him, we were playing shit football, and getting spanked, and not scoring goals. AVB also lacked man managment skills.

If Poch plays Soldado and Kane, and they are banging them in and we are playing good football, and improving, I feel that Ade will fight for his place and want to get in the side. I see him as a team player...his tweets are always warm and he comes across as well liked on the pitch.

If he kicks up a fuss in that scenario he is in the wrong.

But if we are playing like cunts, getting spanked, not scoring goals, and Poch benches Ade for no reason, then I will back Ade again.

You are ignoring the fact that Ade did not kick up a fuss simply because he was dropped. The team needed him, we were playing shit football, and getting spanked, and not scoring goals. AVB also lacked man managment skills.

If Poch plays Soldado and Kane, and they are banging them in and we are playing good football, and improving, I feel that Ade will fight for his place and want to get in the side. I see him as a team player...his tweets are always warm and he comes across as well liked on the pitch.

If he kicks up a fuss in that scenario he is in the wrong.

But if we are playing like cunts, getting spanked, not scoring goals, and Poch benches Ade for no reason, then I will back Ade again.
I will be backing Poch over Ade any day !

As per the timeline and you not reading, this hadn't happened by this point. In fact, we got spanked the moment Ade was in the lineup.

But Levy wasnt happy to let him rot

Ok, so your proof of this is....

Jesus...Id say the proof was that the second AVB fucked off, Ade was back in the team scoring goals

:baeshock:

You have an interesting mind. It must be like spaghetti in there.

I'm sure people are getting bored of another Sammy counselling session, so I'm out.

I will be backing Poch over Ade any day !

Thats because like many others, you like to play heroes and villains based on a like/dislike that is not borne out of events.

You have now stated that you will back Poch over Ade any day....so whatever happens, Ade will always be in the wrong to you, even if he's in the right.

Bravo.

I'm sure people are getting bored of another Sammy counselling session, so I'm out.

No, Im sure people have seen you get counseled yet again, and when the twisting and writhing and backtracking becomes unbearable....even for you.....you fuck off for a while.

And in a few days, and a few pages later, you will try to reignite the debate like it never happened and act like you didnt get schooled already.

Thank fuck you're out....even I was cringing at your posts.

Thats because like many others, you like to play heroes and villains based on a like/dislike that is not borne out of events.

You have now stated that you will back Poch over Ade any day....so whatever happens, Ade will always be in the wrong to you, even if he's in the right.

Bravo.
If he falls out with Poch then you know he thinks he is always in the right!

I don't see anyone arguing otherwise - AVB's handling of certain 'personal' matters seemed less than ideal (Lloris, etc.) - but this thread is about Ade and HIS part in the debacle. What AVB did or didn't do is irrelevant - we're discussing the striker's attitude and snake-like behaviour which was completely and utterly unprofessional, imv. I don't give a shit about AVB, he's no longer involved with the club but Ade is and needs to be dealt with accordingly - who the FUCK is he to decide which tactics are better and which manager will or won't succeed. Do you want the same shit with Poch next month?

Who is he to decide on tactics? Every message board was groaning about the high high line with physically/mentally slow players, lone Soldado getting creamed, no plan b etc etc.

Ade was not alone in questioning his dumbass tactics. You probably were too. Ade was representing us.

Back
Top Bottom