Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want that to be the case Sammy and i am warming to him, but he is not worth 100,000+quid a week. is he worth more than Eriksen for example or Hugo?

You know there is more to how much players are paid than just a direct correlation between skill and money right? It shouldn't be that way but be realistic.

Its not a question of being worth more...maybe he has a better agent...plus he had the whole Man City nonsense tied into his wages. IMO he is well worth 100 grand (relatively speaking of course...no player in the world is worth that)

I think his lack of effort is blown out of proportion, and a poor game for him has people on his back instantly. He is a top player...one of the few who stood out this season, and I mean few as in Eriksen, Bentaleb and Ade.

People look at the past, yet ignore his interviews and commitment over the last few years. That shooting changed him as a man, and it really upset me to hear The Scum singing "it should have been you" all over WHL, and not one Ade song was sung in reply.

Let him feel some love I say.
Does he have the love in the dressing room? His recent public statement backing Sherwood and looking forward to playing with him next year may not have endeared him to those senior players who reportedly were not favoring Sherwood or who where on Sherwood's shit list..

Does he have the love in the dressing room? His recent public statement backing Sherwood and looking forward to playing with him next year may not have endeared him to those senior players who reportedly were not favoring Sherwood or who where on Sherwood's shit list..

At the end of the day, I respect him more for saying that than I do Sandro for telling the world Tim was fired, and Capoue for slagging off English clubs as having a problem with foreign players because he was dropped..

As for love in the dressing room..?

Emmanuel-Adebayor-008.jpg

103123231-tottenham-hotspurs.jpg

Emmanuel+Adebayor+Tottenham+Hotspur+v+Cardiff+o6qIhSqdRH7l.jpg

spurscelebemmanueladebayorpenvavfc20140511_640x360.jpg

soccer-barclays-premier-league-tottenham-hotspur-v-everton-white-hart-lane-12-390x285.jpg

adebayor-goal.jpg

Southampton-v-Tottenham-Emanuel-Adebayor-cele_3055992.jpg

thumb-20adebayor-20140213114949339376-620x349.jpg

1461071835.jpg

Seems fine to me..

You know what I mean, on the pitch does not tell the whole story, if you think it does well mmm. I hope that he is retained by the new manager and clicks with Soldado, that would be awesome, if Soldado is still around

You know what I mean, on the pitch does not tell the whole story, if you think it does well mmm. I hope that he is retained by the new manager and clicks with Soldado, that would be awesome, if Soldado is still around

Well I think those pictures tell more of a story of how Ade is among the squad, than the assumption that he has isolated himself by backing Tim Sherwood in the papers..

As I said, he was being professional. If I like someone at work as well as the boss, but my collegue cant stand the boss, should I not speak to my work mate??

Well I think those pictures tell more of a story of how Ade is among the squad, than the assumption that he has isolated himself by backing Tim Sherwood in the papers..

As I said, he was being professional. If I like someone at work as well as the boss, but my collegue cant stand the boss, should I not speak to my work mate??

Lets hope that has happened then, he just presents as very casual to me and for himself, however as they say every picture tells a thousand words. AVB must have isolated him good and proper.

He talks well doesn't he. I'd be right behind him if he played half as well. Problem is he doesn't.

He always talks about how he loves the game. How he's just pleased to be alive. That's great, it's a fantastic perspective and you'd like more players to think that way.

Doesn't mean squat though when he's on the pitch. And when he's on the pitch he blows hot and cold. Three, four games he's fantastic - followed by seven or eight where he's a lame duck. We aren't good enough to carry him in those games, he has to do it more consistently.

I don't really care who he is, who he used to play for, any of that. I dislike him as a player because he all too often doesn't play well and doesn't even look like he's trying. If he replicates his form from the first couple of months under Sherwood and produces that every week, I'll happily get right behind him and would want him on the team sheet every week. But it's been proper crap since then and we can't just put up with it because a player already in his 30s is potentially world class when he can be bothered.

Haha. You are reaching.

I thought the issue was more that Ade told AVB that his tactics were rubbish in front of the playing staff.

That's not professional in my eyes, by all means tell him in private if that's your view, but I dont think undermining the manager in front of the other players did him any favours.

I thought the issue was more that Ade told AVB that his tactics were rubbish in front of the playing staff.

That's not professional in my eyes, by all means tell him in private if that's your view, but I dont think undermining the manager in front of the other players did him any favours.

He was right. Avb was a charlatan. His high line embarrassed and poisoned the atmosphere.

Why do you think ade said that? To make more money? Or because he cares about the direction of this club?

He was right. Avb was a charlatan. His high line embarrassed and poisoned the atmosphere.

Why do you think ade said that? To make more money? Or because he cares about the direction of this club?
He may have been right, thats not in dispute. But like I said, it was the way he went about it that was unprofessional.

He may have been right, thats not in dispute. But like I said, it was the way he went about it that was unprofessional.

Proffesional? A dressing room is like a chimpanzees tea party. I swear the British press has people buying into this facade of structure and power.

Over here in the states we have an ex member if the crazy gang in a nice suit talking about proffesionalism. They were nutcases in their playing days, their fans were throwing darts at linesman and they still toe the mainstream media line of bullshit because that is what a pundit is supposed to say.

Last edited:
Was it? He raised it privately, he didn't listen, he raised it in front of team mates, he didn't listen...

Its not like he went mouthing off to the press/twitter :sandroscream:

I think the players would have been well aware given Ade wasnt the only one thinking that.

Gotta love the haters. They lost an argument and just won't quit.

Give it up. Ade saved our season and got us and others scoring.
Not haters mate! Just don't think that he is worth 100,000+ quid a WEEK if you think he is worth more that Eriksen or Hugo come on.

Back
Top Bottom