Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1279082592656.jpg

I also like how well Paulinho gets into space in that shot. His positioning for his goals is great. Just wish his shooting would improve. If we improve the buildup, him and Lamela are foxes in the boxes when it comes to being in the right place while defenders are drawn to other people.

You've sidestepped the question and resorted to insults. I see now why people don't like you on here.

So, avoiding pedantry over the phrase "Giving 100%", which you know isn't a literal expression, do you believe that Adebayor tries his hardest in the vast majority of games?

He's not like Sandro where he will injure himself through effort. He's stylistic. Nobody had any problems with Berbatov's style. But they bend over backwards to pull up Ade.

And I have seen him chasing down lost causes all the time.

Well he is the highest scoring striker we have so i'd say he is. Look what we sold our last highest scoring player for and what he is being paid now.

Look what we've wasted on Soldado.
We are not talking about Soldado and if you think that Ade is worth what he is getting paid and worth more that any other Spurs player taking into account his "Fantastic season" then I wonder what matches you are watching.

We are not talking about Soldado and if you think that Ade is worth what he is getting paid and worth more that any other Spurs player taking into account his "Fantastic season" then I wonder what matches you are watching.

Do you think Paulinho has earned his wages compared to Bentaleb?

Ade said he'd finish the season our top scorer, people laughed.

He talks the talk, he walks the walk.

He's not like Sandro where he will injure himself through effort. He's stylistic. Nobody had any problems with Berbatov's style. But they bend over backwards to pull up Ade.

And I have seen him chasing down lost causes all the time.

Exactly, people moaned about him going out left under avb but that was the only way he'd ever come close to seeing the ball due to the idiotic tactics..

He's probably cleared more corners than any of our centre backs.

Do you think Paulinho has earned his wages compared to Bentaleb?

Ade said he'd finish the season our top scorer, people laughed.

He talks the talk, he walks the walk.
Once again this being an Ade thread not sure why you are quoting Paulinho or Bentleb. We are talking about the highest paid Spurs player who incidentally is not the best player this season, thought Eriksen locked that up.

Once again this being an Ade thread not sure why you are quoting Paulinho or Bentleb. We are talking about the highest paid Spurs player who incidentally is not the best player this season, thought Eriksen locked that up.
Because people are asking if he deserves to be our highest paid player? By saying that they are comparing him to the other players are they not?

Eriksen had a lot of poor games under AVB. He improved when he had Ade playing in front of him.

Doesn't matter, he is nowhere near worth being the highest wage earner in the squad!

How do you come to that conclusion. Ade has been involved with 15 goals (assists and goals) in 20 prem games.

Strikers get paid the big bucks. Our aim was top 4. What are the other top 4 strikers that got a similar goal return on at Chelsea, City etc on?

We got a player from City. You pay that wage to get that player.

Last edited:
Because people are asking if he deserves to be our highest paid player? By saying that they are comparing him to the other players are they not?

Eriksen had a lot of poor games under AVB. He improved when he had Ade playing in front of him.
I have been asking the question is he worth the money he gets and your point linking Eriksens improved play because he had Ade in front of him is putting the cart before the horse. Eriksen playing in the right position on the field is probably the major reason why his performances improved.

I have been asking the question is he worth the money he gets and your point linking Eriksens improved play because he had Ade in front of him is putting the cart before the horse. Eriksen playing in the right position on the field is probably the major reason why his performances improved.

Right...Nothing to do with Ade. Him and soldado were gold eh?

14 goals in half a season. Really, what does the man have to do to be accepted? That's an excellent goal rate - and yes, based on that return, he is worth £100k a week - especially since he didn't cost the whopping transfer fee that Soldado did. Plus, so far, we haven't actually had to pay £100k a week for the goal return we've had. SO, all things considered, he's been pretty good value this year and he can't be blamed for being left out for months, that will always be the manager's choice.

If people want a 30 goals a season man on £10k a week then they don't know a thing about the modern game.

If we can afford and get the likes of Benteke/Lukaku, then adios Ade for me! If not, then keep him and go
for Henandez10-12mill? Kane(impressed this past couple of months)Ade/Soldado/Henandez. Ain't so bad.

I'd sell Adebayor to be honest. As mad as it sounds. Reasons being...

1. He's 30 now and his performances and value for money will go down rapidly from here
2. He's ''due'' a poor season if you take his career performances into account
3. We could get decent money for him and take a big ol' lump out of our wage bill
4. I think there are better, younger, gettable strikers out there

I appreciate what he's done for Spurs and he's turned me round from thinking he was a twat when he first joined but I think it's time to move on from Ade and build a team around Eriksen under a new manager without him.

:adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom