Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd sell Adebayor to be honest. As mad as it sounds. Reasons being...

1. He's 30 now and his performances and value for money will go down rapidly from here
2. He's ''due'' a poor season if you take his career performances into account
3. We could get decent money for him and take a big ol' lump out of our wage bill
4. I think there are better, younger, gettable strikers out there

I appreciate what he's done for Spurs and he's turned me round from thinking he was a twat when he first joined but I think it's time to move on from Ade and build a team around Eriksen under a new manager without him.

:adethumbup:

He's only ever had one bad season. That was with Defoe and Lennon stinking up the joint and bale being greedy. And mastermind avb at the reins.

Sell him because he is 30? Ok lev.

Last edited:
I don't care how much of a cunt players are off the pitch as long as they are not cunts on it.

Lennons an honest player but you don't like him because he's a fucking ragga.

Soooo...15 goals/assists in 20 prem games. His presence has brought the best out of Eriksen and Kane.

Cunt?

God forbid you were wrong/don't have a clue on how to move this club forward eh?

His career wasn't just at Spurs.

I stand by what I said. Show me his other bad seasons...His most barren run was with Spurs. Season after season he has scored for all of his teams. Remember when Gooners were moaning about him not trying.

That season he got

21 prem games
10 goals
4 assists

7 CL games.
5 goals
2 assists

Togo 3 games
5 fucking goals

It's sour grapes. People need to use their fucking heads and STOP LISTENING TO FANS AND MAINSTREAM MEDIA. For real, it's like a hive of gossiping women and Ade's wages = free market at work.

His career wasn't just at Spurs.

By the way, you said:

"thinking he was a twat when he first joined"

First season with Spurs:

32 games
17 prem goals
11 prem assists

The mainstream media have played everyone like fucking mugs for decades. It's all sensationalist bollocks creating heroes and villains and the sheep eat it up.

By the way, you said:

"thinking he was a twat when he first joined"

First season with Spurs:

32 games
17 prem goals
11 prem assists

The mainstream media have played everyone like fucking mugs for decades. It's all sensationalist bollocks creating heroes and villains and the sheep eat it up.
Give me a break.

WHEN he joined, not after the first season. Being an ex-goon, being divisive at City, scoring against us in the CL quarters made him not my favourite guy, and he turned it round.

Before going on one of your absent minded tirades read what people have written to you, eh? Saves you looking like a bellend.

And cut the sheeple crap. It doesn't make anyone think you're ''in the know'' any more than anyone else. It just makes you look like a condescending arsehole with a superiority complex.

Give me a break.

WHEN he joined, not after the first season. Being an ex-goon, being divisive at City,

And there is the bias. He's always going to be that to you because of MEDIA.

Ade is a mercenary, Benitez is a fat Spanish waiter, Townsend new Bale blah blah.

Out of the three, have a guess which overused football hack bollocks ole Gibbsy believed in when Townsend was banging them in for England?

It's funny that I brought one goal Lennon up. He is the last of the poisonous, entitled, modern blueprint for conning fans and managers at this club and he's still being fanned with Spurs flags when Ade is being vilified. Why?

images

That's why.

All those goals I pointed out and you still glazed over it. I honestly thought you had a good opinion but you are stuck in Harchester with the other fucking soap opera bitches.

And cut the sheeple crap. It doesn't make anyone think you're ''in the know''

It's not like I have a formula. He just scored an ASSLOAD OF GOALS for us in a short period of time with a joke of a manager (and brought players into form around him). He scored an ASSLOAD of goals for us in his first season. He scored ASSLOADS of goals and assists for his "he's not trying" season for the scum.

Supporting a club goes both ways. Why should top players stay at this club, when message boards are groaning for a player like Ade to leave who saved our season?

And why should players like Lennon change his recipe when he can score one goal a season and still get love?

Ade has been in the news talking about how he is looking forward to preseason with Spurs because he has not had a proper one. But it's not big news...Because it's not sexy. It's not going to make a million twats froth and think they have a footballing opinion to fit in. I had to dig for it because I am a true long suffering Spurs fan.

Think overall he has been very good for us but don't think wanting to trade him in is a sign of not appreciating that.
Just a recognition that his potential and talent has not been consistently fulfilled and at 30, and about to start costing us more in wages (if true) would be better replaced by someone on the up like Lukaku (if we were fortunate enough to get him)

If you just look at goals to games ratios, Adebayor scored in more than one in two of the games he played this season. I don't see the point in getting rid personally. A striker who is still scoring that much is not a player I'd want to see leave.

Soldado gets one in three also. I wouldn't be surprised if we keep our current striker options. If a Lukaku became possible, and we were going to sell one of our current strikers, then I'd opt for Soldado, not Adebayor.

I thought the issue was more that Ade told AVB that his tactics were rubbish in front of the playing staff.

That's not professional in my eyes, by all means tell him in private if that's your view, but I dont think undermining the manager in front of the other players did him any favours.

I dont know if he said "rubbish" or not.....and why shouldnt he say it...the other players clearly agreed judging by their sub standard performances...maybe they decided to bring it up and Ade was the only one with big enough balls to say it...? Who knows.

In any case, its way more professional than what Sandro did.

And there is the bias. He's always going to be that to you because of MEDIA.

Ade is a mercenary, Benitez is a fat Spanish waiter, Townsend new Bale blah blah.

Out of the three, have a guess which overused football hack bollocks ole Gibbsy believed in when Townsend was banging them in for England?

It's funny that I brought one goal Lennon up. He is the last of the poisonous, entitled, modern blueprint for conning fans and managers at this club and he's still being fanned with Spurs flags when Ade is being vilified. Why?

images

That's why.

All those goals I pointed out and you still glazed over it. I honestly thought you had a good opinion but you are stuck in Harchester with the other fucking soap opera bitches.
You've lost the plot.

Mentioned about 5 things that we haven't even discussed. Are you drunk?

It's not like I have a formula. He just scored an ASSLOAD OF GOALS for us in a short period of time with a joke of a manager (and brought players into form around him). He scored an ASSLOAD of goals for us in his first season. He scored ASSLOADS of goals and assists for his "he's not trying" season for the scum.

Supporting a club goes both ways. Why should top players stay at this club, when message boards are groaning for a player like Ade to leave who saved our season?

And why should players like Lennon change his recipe when he can score one goal a season and still get love?

Ade has been in the news talking about how he is looking forward to preseason with Spurs because he has not had a proper one. But it's not big news...Because it's not sexy. It's not going to make a million twats froth and think they have a footballing opinion to fit in. I had to dig for it because I am a true long suffering Spurs fan.
Why do you keep bringing up Lennon? I haven't mentioned him. You have an obsession with this media things. Let it go.

My initial thoughts of any aspect of a game is on what I see on the pitch for 90 mins with my own eyes without the view of commentators, pundits and multiple action replays from every angle. My opinion of Ade is that generally, he does a lot of running around, works extremely hard, can be a bit clumsy but tries really hard when he plays. Got quite a good touch for a tall, gangly guy and his goal ratio is more than acceptable. He is quite opinionated and has very strong views, but a lot of his perceived 'money-grabbing' is to send the money back to poor communities in Togo. I don't particularly like his woolwich connections, but as there doesn't seem to be any love there, I can overlook that. Think he is worth holding on for another season, as not sure what may be available is any better!

Has there been any news on his wage? I know Citeh have stopped subsidising his wages as far as I know, as far as im concerned he has to take a big cut or he's gone ain't he, there must of beem something pre existing in his contract, Levy doesn't miss stuff like that. I genuinely like the fella, he had a bad press for not liking Woolwich when they sold him to citeh and portrayed him as a mercenary, and falling out with Mancini isn't exactly difficult. Think he has tried his best for us and produced some cracking performances, 2011/12 and the second half of this season he's been outstanding, be sad to see him go but we cant pay £150,000 a week.

You can write about stats all you want. I remember:

Stupid red card at Woolwich when we still were going well
Stupid amateur penalty in Europa
Stupid wall opening with Paulinho.

For all the good he brings he brings baggage. I think there are other areas to strengthen before striker but if our new manager has a replacement I'll trust him. I wouldn't sell with out another striker in place and alternatively if he stays I'll support him.

Ade living it up in Miami...

All you need now is one with Adebayor getting a Tattoo and you'll have Gibbsy in self-destruct mode.....

Oh look, here they are - in the same source as his other posts berating our english guys:
http://www.lalhardyink.co.uk/?page_id=276&album=4&gallery=11

Emmanuel%20Adebayor.jpg
Emmanule-Adebayor.jpg

Note: Nothing against Adebayor, just pointing out the extent of hypocrisy

For reference for those who don't know the reference: http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/tim-sherwood.8360/page-254#post-523197

Last edited:
You can write about stats all you want. I remember:

Stupid red card at Woolwich when we still were going well
Stupid amateur penalty in Europa
Stupid wall opening with Paulinho.

For all the good he brings he brings baggage. I think there are other areas to strengthen before striker but if our new manager has a replacement I'll trust him. I wouldn't sell with out another striker in place and alternatively if he stays I'll support him.

We were going well against the scum because ade was on fire. He was ragdolling them until the sending off.

He was man enough to step up and take another pen on the last day.

The wall was maddening.

Back
Top Bottom