Alfie Devine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Devine and Scarlett are definite prospects (I don’t think parrott will make it here).

Anyone else realistically? Harvey white maybe as emergency left back this season?
Jamie Donley has a bit about him, too soon to say for sure. Haven't seen enough of Jaden Williams. Not confident on any other youth player. White is very talented but athletically I'd say he's miles off PL level.

Jamie Donley has a bit about him, too soon to say for sure. Haven't seen enough of Jaden Williams. Not confident on any other youth player. White is very talented but athletically I'd say he's miles off PL level.
We haven't had him for long but any thoughts on the young man we signed from Sheffield United? 2 million is a lot of dosh to spend on a 17 year old youth player.

So Devine and Scarlett are definite prospects (I don’t think parrott will make it here).

Anyone else realistically? Harvey white maybe as emergency left back this season?
White may never be good enough to start for us, but he'd be an ideal squad option. Versatile, selfless, with an absolute wand of a left foot.

I still have a soft spot for Nile John, but his progress seems to be stalling out.

We haven't had him for long but any thoughts on the young man we signed from Sheffield United? 2 million is a lot of dosh to spend on a 17 year old youth player.
Good scoring record I guess? Club must see something in him to spend that much on a guy that age. I haven't even seen highlights of him so can't really comment, look forward to seeing him play though.

Maybe Parrott can be an squad player, he wasn't very lucky with his loan to be honest, gone to a lot of teams that score litte and played out of positions but nonetheless showed good character and hard work everywhere. Think if he keep on going he can make it here. Also White seems a very versatile player and I was very impressed with him in pre-season.

The young striker we just signed from Sheffield Utd has a strong magnetism (Loads of goals, captain, Sheffield U18 virtually unbeaten since his arrival). He has a good shot at making it at our level.

Based upon limited clips of him playing youth football at Sheffield United, who he captained in a season they didn't lose any u18 league matches (amazing run), but SU play in a league one below PL u18 which Spurs play in :

- Powerfully built for a 17 year old
- Very traditional centre forward/no 9
- Excellent goal scorer, right footed but some with left foot (not a big enough sample to know how 2 footed he is) and good header of ball.
- In his age group is Donley who can play striker and CAM, Williams who can play striker and left wing, so he can play with his team mates in a devastating attack, but can also play with other age groups.

Need to give him a run of games before judging him, but lots to be excited about

Worth recalling Devine joins Romero, Skipp, Richarlison Sarr and Udogie on a 5 year contract until 2027.

Sets us up nicely for the future - and a lot of confidence being shown in Devine to get such a long contract so young.

Shame injured atm, otherwise might well have gone out on his first loan - but that could happen in January

Worth recalling Devine joins Romero, Skipp, Richarlison Sarr and Udogie on a 5 year contract until 2027.

Sets us up nicely for the future - and a lot of confidence being shown in Devine to get such a long contract so young.

Shame injured atm, otherwise might well have gone out on his first loan - but that could happen in January
Worth noting Scarlett's contract is 2026 as well. We're set up really well post Kane and Sonny.

Err, watching him play?
When has he played against any level of opponent to compare him to Winks?
Much as I think Winks is shit, he's been shit against grown men in the Premier league and champions league. Devine has played a few minutes in an FA Cup game against a non league team.

So tell me, when have you seen Devine play in order to ascertain he's better than Winks?

Back
Top Bottom