Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every time Eriksen gets on the screen he always seems like an asshole. Is it just me? I really loved him the entire time he was at spurs but he just seems unlikable on screen
Didnt seem that bad to me. Maybe because hes gone, u dont like him as much now? Now Danny Rose on the other hand, sounded like an entitled prick.

Every time Eriksen gets on the screen he always seems like an asshole. Is it just me? I really loved him the entire time he was at spurs but he just seems unlikable on screen

He really seemed like a sullen prick, but I do wonder how much of that was editing (although its the same way he looked for the last year here and every time I saw him at Inter).

They seemed to have a lot of themes with the episodes- Eriksen leaving, Japhet rising, Moura the good guy, Bergie adjusting etc. and then really framed the players to fit that theme for the episode so I am a little leery that showing Eriksen in a negative light helped frame the theme of his leaving and wanting to go despite the club wanting him to stay.

Trying to to force my way in, post-education.... Ridiculously bad timing.
Music profession appears to be only interested in large chests, pretty faces and blonde hair. Talent not required because everything can be faked in the studio. It's why the standards have declined over the years. Stay out of it. Keep your sanity.

Levy is coming across as a real cringe character. "Fans dont get this, Fans dont understand this, Fans dont know this, Its all very difficult and complicated"

I think a lot of people have made their mind up on him and would find issues regardless of what he said or did

The entire mantra from Mourinho is nice guys don't win - and yet everyone wants Levy to be likeable

Yeh that was feeble. He hates the January transfer window and doesn't look forward to it. Well get another fucking job then you daft wanker.

It's like being a bus driver and saying i don't really like driving in traffic.
Well, they did threaten to strike during the 2012 Olympics unless they got a one off bonus cos it woukd be busier than usual

Did anyone also find it rather creepy having Levy eat ing breakfast alone on a table every day, looking around the player canteen
Its probably an agreed period where he is accessible to the players. Think about the rose segment..he asked if levy was there yet. Levy is I would guess, there for the mornings when the players and management staff are about and moves on to lilywhite House in the afternoon.

I know it's the narrative the club signed off on, but it does look like injuries was what did it for our top 4 chances. Which doesn't exonerate ENIC. Our squad depth has been a concern for a few seasons now

Yep I'm sure you're quite right and I understand the boredom aspect completely. I just think his subject matter choice shows that he hasn't quite made the transition from schoolyard to physio room. Maybe I'm wrong and we'll hear other players talk about similar topics. (chocolate bars, neat connection huh ? or maybe not ).
:mourfacepalm:
There has always seemed to be a difference between young British players and othernationalities. I remember after the South African world Cup, it was said one of the reasons we were so rubbish is cos the players couldn't handle the way in which we were sequestered. Apparently Capello couldn't get his head round this cos when italians are in camp and get bored, they read. Or go for a walk.
Not sure I believe it myself, but its possible.

Not everyone is a Jan Vertonghen , spending his spare time going to food banks.

Its probably an agreed period where he is accessible to the players. Think about the rose segment..he asked if levy was there yet. Levy is I would guess, there for the mornings when the players and management staff are about and moves on to lilywhite House in the afternoon.
Meh

I thought he was there for the free breakfast only...

I think it's highly probably that the "key" conversations had already taken place before Jose arrived.... Summer '19 and likely even before that... Levy would have presumably done everything he deemed within reason to avoid him entering the last year of that old contract.
Yes, of course.
But when Mourinho arrived, he would have wanted to know why our creative playmaker hadn't signed a new contract.
And he would have found out the answer from 1:1 conversations with both Eriksen and Levy back in November 2019.
Crucially, whilst Amazon has shown us those first November 1:1s between Mourinho and eg Kane, Dele, Dier, we have NOT been shown those first meetings between Mourinho and Eriksen, and with Levy about Eriksen.
The Episode 5 threesome meeting in Mourinho's office clearly takes place not in November 2019 but in January 2020, as they are discussing the 20 million Euros move to Inter. By then, it is a fait accompli, and simply a question of how much we can sell Eriksen for in that window to avoid him leaving on a free transfer.

Yes, of course.
But when Mourinho arrived, he would have wanted to know why our creative playmaker hadn't signed a new contract.
And he would have found out the answer from 1:1 conversations with both Eriksen and Levy back in November 2019.
Crucially, whilst Amazon has shown us those first November 1:1s between Mourinho and eg Kane, Dele, Dier, we have NOT been shown those first meetings between Mourinho and Eriksen, and with Levy about Eriksen.
The Episode 5 threesome meeting in Mourinho's office clearly takes place not in November 2019 but in January 2020, as they are discussing the 20 million Euros move to Inter. By then, it is a fait accompli, and simply a question of how much we can sell Eriksen for in that window to avoid him leaving on a free transfer.

Hypothetically, what would you suggest the content of said 1:1 discussion could be?

Like i say above, Eriksen would have presumably called out any misrepresentation in the Jan 3way.

Back
Top Bottom