Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hypothetically, what would you suggest the content of said 1:1 discussion could be?

Like i say above, Eriksen would have presumably called out any misrepresentation in the Jan 3way.
As I posted earlier in the thread:

Mourinho seems to rate Eriksen, and he's so direct and familiar with top players that in that first 1:1 I can see him asking straight up: "Christian, is it about money?"
And I reckon Eriksen would have replied, "No, it's not about money. I want a new challenge."
If Eriksen had replied, "Yes, I want £250k per week" (his alleged Inter contract), and added "Levy won't pay it", then again Mourinho is so blunt that I'm sure he would have raised this immediately with Levy.

As I posted earlier in the thread:

Mourinho seems to rate Eriksen, and he's so direct and familiar with top players that in that first 1:1 I can see him asking straight up: "Christian, is it about money?"
And I reckon Eriksen would have replied, "No, it's not about money. I want a new challenge."

A stance which we see portrayed by both sides.

If Eriksen had replied, "Yes, I want £250k per week" (his alleged Inter contract), and added "Levy won't pay it", then again Mourinho is so blunt that I'm sure he would have raised this immediately with Levy.

Perhaps, but then why would CE sit in front of a cam and allow the public to be told otherwise....

This is the part I don't get.... Not being a cunt here.... I sense there's something you're considering which has slipped through the cracks for me.

A stance which we see portrayed by both sides.

Perhaps, but then why would CE sit in front of a cam and allow the public to be told otherwise....

This is the part I don't get.... Not being a cunt here.... I sense there's something you're considering which has slipped through the cracks for me.
Firstly, I remain convinced that the late January threesome in Mourinho's office, where the conversation is led by Levy, is a set up scene.
The production team would have been furious at being excluded from all the key Eriksen-Mourinho-Levy discussions from November2019 onwards. Either Levy refused Amazon permission to film them, or he exercised the commercial sensitivity clause to prevent them being included in the broadcast films.
The production team would have demanded content about the biggest transfer during the All or Nothing time period.
Levy eventually provided them with a set up scene in Mourinho's office where he set out his preferred, and probably correct, narrative that he would have matched any contract offer Eriksen received from elsewhere but Christian wanted a new challenge.
Eriksen confirms this on camera.
Job done for Levy.
Amazon are content because they have a story to tell, albeit not nearly as real and raw as say the dressing room half time team talk scenes.
The reality is that if Eriksen was a money grabber (which I don't think he is), and had wanted a salary larger than Harry Kane's, which his Inter salary is, Levy would have had a difficult decision.
He would probably have had to pay Eriksen and then negotiate an even larger contract with Kane.

Last edited:
Firstly, I remain convinced that the late January threesome in Mourinho's office, where the conversation is led by Levy, is a set up scene.
The production team would have been furious at being excluded from all the key Erksen-Mourinho-Levy discussions from November2019 onwards. Either Levy refused Amazon permission to film them, or he exercised the commercial sensitivity clause to prevent them being included in the broadcast films.
The production team would have demanded content about the biggest transfer during the All or Nothing time period.
Levy eventually provided them with a set up scene in Mourinho's office where he set out his preferred, and probably correct, narrative that he would have matched any contract offer Eriksen received from elsewhere but Christian wanted a new challenge.
Job done for Levy.
Amazon are content because they have a story to tell, albeit not nearly as real and raw as say the dressing room half time team talk scenes.
The reality is that if Eriksen was a money grabber (which I don't think he is), and had wanted a salary larger than Harry Kane's, which his Inter salary is, Levy would have had a difficult decision.
He would probably have had to pay Eriksen and then negotiate an even larger contract with Kane.

I agree/assume it was stage-managed too..... Just don't see how/why the reality beneath the surface would differ significantly.

The production team would have been furious at being excluded from all the key Erksen-Mourinho-Levy discussions from November2019 onwards. Either Levy refused Amazon permission to film them, or he exercised the commercial sensitivity clause to prevent them being included in the broadcast films.
Job done for Levy.

Answer me one question. If Eriksen wasn't looking for the money, I think he was, why would he make comments on public record stating that "if no bid comes i would sign a new contract" or something like that? To me he was clearly running down his contract to get a better contract at his new club, his contract at Inter could be as high as £320K a week...

Answer me one question. If Eriksen wasn't looking for the money, I think he was, why would he make comments on public record stating that "if no bid comes i would sign a new contract" or something like that? To me he was clearly running down his contract to get a better contract at his new club, his contract at Inter could be as high as £320K a week...
Once he signed a new contract Spurs hold all the cards and it makes it harder for him to get a move. Not that complicated really.

Once he signed a new contract Spurs hold all the cards and it makes it harder for him to get a move. Not that complicated really.

Precisely so he had never any intention of signing a new contract with us, he blatantly lied in order to run his contract down, people siting the Documentary as the whole truth, there was a clear atmosphere in the meeting than seemed to go against the words being said.

Precisely so he had never any intention of signing a new contract with us, he blatantly lied in order to run his contract down, people siting the Documentary as the whole truth, there was a clear atmosphere in the meeting than seemed to go against the words being said.

The feeling I got was the Eriksen was a bit awkward participating in a conversation so obviously intended to be filmed for the doc.

We already knew that Eriksen was not leaving because of money, the club have been briefing journalists for years that they were willing to match any salary offered by another club. Levy just wanted it on camera, I guess. He really wants to dispel the idea that we don't pay competitive salaries, something which has caused us a lot of internal strife in recent years.

The feeling I got was the Eriksen was a bit awkward participating in a conversation so obviously intended to be filmed for the doc.

We already knew that Eriksen was not leaving because of money, the club have been briefing journalists for years that they were willing to match any salary offered by another club. Levy just wanted it on camera, I guess. He really wants to dispel the idea that we don't pay competitive salaries, something which has caused us a lot of internal strife in recent years.

COME ON MAN!

Inter offered €15m plus add-ons at the beginning of this week but when the clubs met on Friday they struck a deal. The Dane has accepted a four-and-a-half-year contract worth a basic £260,000 a week that could rise to £320,000 with add-ons.

We were gonna match that?

four episodes in... i'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I find Jose a bit dull and uninspiring. I was expecting inspirational speeches and close tactical chats, a real insight but the whole thing lacks energy.

Parts of it feel a bit amateur, the physio, diet... I imagined meals would be carefully planned on an individual basis, I was expecting sports science to feature heavily.

I know they have to closely protect/guard what they have but they don't really mention much of this stuff. Just dull chats on the training ground, half-time and in the dining room. I'll watch the rest but wanted to feel proud and inspired.

COME ON MAN!

I believe if Eriksen said he would stay if we matched that salary, that we would have paid it. Finding a player of similar quality would be much more expensive than paying him that salary and extending his contract.

I believe if Eriksen said he would stay if we matched that salary, that we would have paid it. Finding a player of similar quality would be much more expensive than paying him that salary and extending his contract.

We will agree to disagree I guess, id would have totally fucked our wage structure.

COME ON MAN!

Inter offered €15m plus add-ons at the beginning of this week but when the clubs met on Friday they struck a deal. The Dane has accepted a four-and-a-half-year contract worth a basic £260,000 a week that could rise to £320,000 with add-ons.

Set off against the cost of a replacement and bearing in mind we gave Toby 150kpw.... Possibly.

Regardless just cos CE got a big pay bump doesn't mean it was his motivation for leaving.

Set off against the cost of a replacement and bearing in mind we gave Toby 150kpw.... Possibly.

Regardless just cos CE got a big pay bump doesn't mean it was his motivation for leaving.

There is a difference between 150K and 260K and indeed 320K. Why is it such a bad thing if he wanted to leave for money? Lets put it this way, would he have wanted a change of scenery if it meant less money, I doubt it especially as this contract will likely be his last bumper one.

COME ON MAN!

Plus Italy introduced a tax rule that allowed foreigners to pay less tax for the first two years they work in Italy, it was specifically designed to entice footballers, hence Ronaldo etc going there.

I genuinely believe he wanted to go to Real or Barcelona for footballing and lifestyle reasons, but when they didn't show an interest it largely became about money.

There is a difference between 150K and 260K and indeed 320K. Why is it such a bad thing if he wanted to leave for money? Lets put it this way, would he have wanted a change of scenery if it meant less money, I doubt it especially as this contract will likely be his last bumper one.

If Eriksen wanted to leave for money he wouldn't have turned down Manchester United. He's a sincere and straightforward guy and simply wanted a change, he just had a baby, is heading into his "prime" years and had been at Spurs for 7 years. He just lost a CL final after years of not winning anything. It's perfectly understandable that he wanted a change.

four episodes in... i'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I find Jose a bit dull and uninspiring. I was expecting inspirational speeches and close tactical chats, a real insight but the whole thing lacks energy.

Parts of it feel a bit amateur, the physio, diet... I imagined meals would be carefully planned on an individual basis, I was expecting sports science to feature heavily.

I know they have to closely protect/guard what they have but they don't really mention much of this stuff. Just dull chats on the training ground, half-time and in the dining room. I'll watch the rest but wanted to feel proud and inspired.
Agree , the controversial issues are dumbed down and everything is sanitized and controlled somewhat. Does lack energy you're right and grit.
It's ok, if rather mediocre.

If Eriksen wanted to leave for money he wouldn't have turned down Manchester United. He's a sincere and straightforward guy and simply wanted a change, he just had a baby, is heading into his "prime" years and had been at Spurs for 7 years. He just lost a CL final after years of not winning anything. It's perfectly understandable that he wanted a change.

I would have said Levy denied United more than Eriksen, we will have to agree to disagree on this I guess.

Agree , the controversial issues are dumbed down and everything is sanitized and controlled somewhat. Does lack energy you're right and grit.
It's ok, if rather mediocre.

I had this impression of a McLaren set-up, state of the art, data and stats everywhere, carefully planned and monitored training sessions. Just seems a bit "so erm, today, we'll just do an hour or two of light warming up"

People have training cycles and peaks, the bulk of training should be managed on an individual basis and rest time factored in. I know schedules are tight but everyone is physiologically different. Thought a sports nutritionist would be working with athletes and providing personalised meals...

Back
Top Bottom