Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love José, love Harry, love Sonny, love Jan, love Toby

Dele looks motivated under Jose. I hope he can become world class.

Eriksen showed no effort. Really unfair to his teammates and the club. Levy made a mistake by not selling him last summer.

I think we will win titles with Jose
Titles?! Wow, wish that would be true. That would mean out performing Lpool and City but unfortunately they will continue to out spend us every year. The squad needs massive investment and that wont come unless we get a new owner. Most often the team that wins the league has the best goalkeeper and Lloris isn’t even in the top 3. I think the best we can hope for is a cup win, I’d love the Europa followed by the FA Cup.

No spoilers as I haven't watched the 3rd one yet... but in the Amazon version of our season, did we qualify for the CL????
I'd half expected them to edit it to make it look like we did... JUST to give them their Hollywood ending!!
:levywhoa::hugoshock::mourloopy:

Poch was never really comfortable taking part in the series so it would not surprise me if they negotiated that he would be showcased as little as possible as part of his severance package.
according to the TFC pod Flav did with the producers Poch was very open with them and even agreed to film another interview after the season. So he couldn’t have hated the idea

[FORMATION][/FORMATION]
I agree. Would plead some caution that the documentary makers were able to craft a narrative editorially (classic Apprentice/Big Brother technique using whatever reaction shots fit with the story being told, even if they're used out of context. A lot of Poch staring into the distance and looking despondent in that first episode)

However, I don't think they could manufacture the general vibe that seemed to have permeated the whole playing and coaching staff following that CL final loss. It was a tailspin, pure and simple, and I think if we'd all been privy to that at the time we'd have been so much less against Poch's sacking.

I wasn't against it anyway personally, results on the field, his actions on the touchline and his attitude in press conferences where a big enough indication he wasn't happy and the players bar the CL run looked like they didn't care also as a result.

The only reason he was still seemingly in a job I think is because Levy didn't have the heart to pull the trigger after the CL final. Results had been awful for 12 months almost no away win in 10 months no other manager would have been given the same time

Also I don't think they had to edit the lack of interest by Poch at all wouldn't surprise me if the reason there isn't much of those first 10 games is because Poch was refusing to co operate in the same way Jose has.

Watched episode 1. Shows the power of editing. Levy clearly instructed them to show him in the best possible light, Poch was edited unsympathetically, Mourinho - who knows how the media circus works - is in his element.
Poch clearly v unhappy to have to do the Amazon documentary after the champs league loss, like when he speaks in Spanish to his assistant and spins the ball, he clearly detests them being there. I wonder if Poch would still be with us if the Amazon doc hadn't been commissioned, it must be hard trying to recover from such a defeat with people shoving cameras in your face all day.
And one other thing that sticks out - the loss to Bayern at home isn't so bad given their demolition of Barcelona and Champs League, they clearly were on a different level to every one else.
Funny moment when Levy and Mourinho had their photo taken - Mourinho said it felt like they were getting married - let's hope this marriage lasts for this couple of serial divorcees!

There's nothing in there that stands out that Levy had to be shown in a good light. Poch was manager of a top 4 prem club, if it wasn't Amazon in his face it was Sky or BT or whoever with their cameras. He was uncomfortable because he knew he's got it wrong, he blew it. The comment before the final about leaving if we won was arrogant and then dropping Moura for an unfit Kane. That's my take anyway and i was a huge Poch fan, but he'd clearly lost the dressing room by the time he was sacked.

Also the comment of the Bayern result at home not being too bad? It was shocking whichever way you look at it, fine if they'd beat us, but we capitulated after 25 mins.

Poch ran out of steam, but I don't see how people can judge him. The book - perhaps an error of judgement - I think the reason Poch ran out of steam, wasn't just due to all the stadium problems and the limited budget.
I think it was the old Spurs downfall - trying to be competitive whilst playing attractive football.
To that extent he is an example of a Spurs tragic figure. A lot of managers have found the idealistic side of Spurs in conflict with the demand for results. The only managers that have been able to combine both were Rowe, Nicholson, and the General - although Burks was given time. Rowe ended up having a nervous breakdown and only Bill Nick survived it all intact - deep down he was a bit of a contradiction, negative and dour in some ways as a person but deep down he was steeped in the Spurs tradition of winning in style, and he delivered.
Mourinho will win things, it will be by playing calculated non-attractive football - I think a lot of Spurs fans now recognise this is a compromise that has to be made once in a while, as with George Graham.

Last edited:
I have only seen the first two episodes. It's very shallow tactically. I haven't see any thing about tactics from Mourinho att all. Just be brave, don't panic, be an intelligent cunt and shit like that. I understand that the club don't want to reveal to much tactics, but something would be nice, to show that teams at this level actually work with tactics.

Poch ran out of steam, but I don't see how people can judge him. The book - perhaps an error of judgement - I think the reason Poch ran out of steam, wasn't just due to all the stadium problems and the limited budget.
I think it was the old Spurs downfall - trying to be competitive whilst playing attractive football.
To that extent he is an example of a Spurs tragic figure. A lot of managers have found the idealistic side of Spurs in conflict with the demand for results. The only managers that have been able to combine both were Rowe, Nicholson, and the General - although Burks was given time. Rowe ended up having a nervous breakdown and only Bill Nick survived it all intact - deep down he was a bit of a contradiction, negative and dour in some ways as a person but deep down he was steeped in the Spurs tradition of winning in style, and he delivered.
Mourinho will win things, it will be by playing calculated non-attractive football - I think a lot of Spurs fans now recognise this is a compromise that has to be made once in a while, as with George Graham.

I think it was maintaining performances and results whilst funds (quite rightly imo) were spent on developing the stadium - which was an amazing achievement btw, but ultimately there was an effective lag from not freshening up the squad.

That's no ones fault - its happened to virtually every club that's had to fund developing a new stadium including Scum. Most, like Leicester and Southampton got relegated just after building a new ground.

I think it was maintaining performances and results whilst funds (quite rightly imo) were spent on developing the stadium - which was an amazing achievement btw, but ultimately there was an effective lag from not freshening up the squad.

That's no ones fault - its happened to virtually every club that's had to fund developing a new stadium including Scum. Most, like Leicester and Southampton got relegated just after building a new ground.
Certainly a massive factor, as we've seen with woolwich. There is an argument to be made that perhaps it is best to have a defensively-minded manager in charge to see through the transition, with limited transfer funds, which is arguably what we now have. Woolwich suffered as they were trying to pay for the stadium whilst playing Wenger's attacking and expensive style of football. At the time I would have preferred Ancellotti to Mourinho but increasingly it feels like the right manager for the period we are in.

I have only seen the first two episodes. It's very shallow tactically. I haven't see any thing about tactics from Mourinho att all. Just be brave, don't panic, be an intelligent cunt and shit like that. I understand that the club don't want to reveal to much tactics, but something would be nice, to show that teams at this level actually work with tactics.

Amazon: Jose Tactics Masterclass

that will be a follow on programme on pay per view and with online seminars at a cool Levy special of £99.9.. no £199.99 per episode.

They have purposely left out the tactics from Jose, which makes sense as we dont want other teams getting to see how he is tactically before a game etc.

As expected in the big brother / love island world. There are people out there who seem to genuinely believe the Jose scene where he's in the office alone listening to a series of fast flow contradictory comments and gets up and tells the tv to fuck off.

This whole series is going to be interesting but it's nothing more than a watered down construction seemingly all told and approved from the perspective of Levy / Mourinho. Noone should be changing their opinions on things from 'evidence' within this programme.

Back
Top Bottom