Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry Kane’s language is offensive!
tenor.gif

Great series so far, binge watched all three episodes. Son, Kane and Jan had me emotional, most of our players are clearly great guys. Would like to unravel a bit more of the N’Dombele mystery in the next couple of episodes.

It's compelling stuff. I wish they would subtitle some of the Portuguese bits though. Jose's convo with Dier for example, i have no idea what was said. Pointless showing that without subtitles.

Also Eric definitely shifted some timber over the lockdown, he was quite chunky earlier in the season.

Very entertaining though, a bit formulaic in places but it's must see TV for me anyway.

That’s weird. I’m in Canada and the Portuguese sections are all subtitled. I often laugh at US TV because they seem to subtitle people with accents, and it’s completely unnecessary.

It’s really compelling viewing. I made me long for Poch at first, and by the end of the third episode I can’t wait for the year because I think we have a chance! It’s the anticipation that kills you!

That’s weird. I’m in Canada and the Portuguese sections are all subtitled. I often laugh at US TV because they seem to subtitle people with accents, and it’s completely unnecessary.

It’s really compelling viewing. I made me long for Poch at first, and by the end of the third episode I can’t wait for the year because I think we have a chance! It’s the anticipation that kills you!
For what it's worth, I'm using the UK Prime and everything foreign (including that conversation between José and Dier) is subtitled.

Why did Dier say Poch dropped him?
He said that he'd gotten an injury and that Poch (as with other players) tended to take a while to get a recovered player back into the team.

And that it was important to him (Dier) to play and that when Poch wasn't giving him game time, he'd asked about it and said that if he wasn't playing him then he needed to go somewhere else to actually get game time.

Oh, and one last thing before I pass out - going off what I've seen, it's a bloody masterstroke to bring more leaders into this squad. That dressing room needs more guys willing to drag the others to a result. It says a lot that Kane is described as a 'silent leader' and yet is the most vocal before kickoff/at half time (to offer a minor counter point, this is, of course, during Lloris' injury absence).

Edit: oh, and a major missed opportunity to see the ins and outs of getting transfers done. I'm not certain, but thought previously that the Amazon film crew would have been able to (perhaps) film the Ndombele purchase and (definitely) the Lo Celso one. Nothing though.
I get that they wouldn't really flow with the narrative crafted in the first episode, but I'd have gotten a kick out of it. I hope we get some more detail on the Bergwijn deal when it comes to that.

It's compelling stuff. I wish they would subtitle some of the Portuguese bits though. Jose's convo with Dier for example, i have no idea what was said. Pointless showing that without subtitles.

Then you seemingly didn't have the subtitles switched at your end......

It was all translated as you'd expect.

A must for every spurs fan..

It reminds you exactly what Spurs are all about.. It still hurts watching the old ground being knocked down., so many memories, my entire youth revolved around what went on in that ground.
The club has been such a massive part of my life and is more than just the result.

Watching it brings home how good an appointment Jose Mourinho is and under him we could go to the next level.

I have a massive disliking toward fans who think a football club is ONLY about results and trophies..Yes it’s a huge factor but there is so much more to a football club..

Question: when his wingman says that Sissoko has great influence in the changing room, is Jose saying "fuck" as in 'I'd never have guessed' or 'fuck, I've got a problem'?

Who else is feeling incredibly excited Jose could bring back the glory years back at Spurs? I said it just before Poch was sacked and got on TalkSPORT, explaining that we needed to appoint a serial winner. We all know Jose’s history, but watching this documentary, you can tell he’s just on another level. He is strengthening our team this summer with players he wants. Come on Jose!!!! Please bring some silverware to this club.

So far...it’s mesmerising. It was a shit show of a season in all truth. But it is searingly honest. Which I like.
Genuinely have a heightened dislike for Levy though.
just missing that lizard forked tongue popping out with every sentence he utters as his eyes move frantically around for his next prey. An utterly loathesome villain in this. He gives more honest airtime To his promotion of the NFL in that small segment than his love for THFC.
Anyway, that’s my take on the bald pit viper.
love the players to a man. Serge with the youngsters almost had me in tears. Seems a very nice bloke despite his rap sheet. And Jan? Some cunt must have put sand in my eyes. Diamond.

Jose is the star of the show. Absolute comedy classic at times. But it seems very clear that his big bruised ego really has a point to make & whether he’s a dinosaur or not, he is going to give it everything to prove the doubters wrong. Can’t wait for next season. This series is genuine prime time viewing for any football fan. And the fact it’s Spurs makes it enjoyable and painful in equal measure.
TLDR- if you aren’t watching it, please do ASAP.
About Levy, if you're going in thinking he's a cunt you're going to be looking for confirmation of that in everything he does and you probably will find it no matter what...you'll be like "Look at the way he sits...what a cunt" or "Look at the cunty way he walks about the place as if he fucking owns it"...

For myself I can see nothing wrong with how he's portrayed....But then the cunt was probably sitting on the editor's shoulder....the cunt....

Back
Top Bottom